Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: so why is it that alliance always has to go into horde territory?

Because horde have better instances duh

Quote Originally Posted by Bruin
    Good long run through Horde territory!? North by Northwest from Chillwind Post in WPL (Contested) is pretty easy if ya ask me, and then as soon as get past the Bulwark its almost due north. As for the Goblin Transponder, one must have taken the Rig Wars quest chain (and then not destroy the transponder at a later date). To be honest, I doubt that many Horde members actually have the transponder. They can try to see if they can get the quest from Scooty in Booty Bay (near the Tavern), and unlike the Brewfest teleporter, the transponder is only good for yourself.

and wait, does it even matter anymore? You can just teleport in anyhow :-)

so then it just comes down to this: SM and SFK are just better dungeons than Stockades and Gnomer.
    Alliance don't travel to SM through EPL, at least not in the day where you had to travel the world (of warcraft) on foot. *fade to memory...*

It was a flight from IF to SS, then a lovely walk through south shore avoiding high level gankers or if it was way back when, running from the 100+ player war zone, swim/island hop through lordamere lake, when avoiding the zeppelin tower you either went left past brill or went right past the front door of lordaeron/undercity, while on the last final, long, stretch to the monastery doors, you still had to worry about being ganked by mounted players, and typically had to fight similiar level groups also entering SM or just grinding the mobs.

When approaching the instance portals, their was usually a couple high level players of either faction fighting on top of a pile of skeletons and bodies. If entering the armory or cathedral, everyone prayed that the door would open in time to escape the rush of equal level players and/or high level players coming to say hi/frostshock/hoj, and would pray even harder that their wasn't a level 60 or a bunch of angry players on the other side to greet you.

And if you didn't have a key to the door, or a rogue with good enough lock picking, or someone on the other side to open it, THEN TO BAD SUCKER! YOU RED AND YOU DEAD!

Mind you these things: This is only if everyone in your party had the flight paths. Every zone was teeming with people leveling. Get a lock to summon you say? LUXURY. (srsly) Their is additional story for walking the entire length.

OH THE GOOD OLD DAYS WHEN EVERYTHING WAS NEW AND FUN AND ALL THE ZONES WERE FILLED WITH LIFE. THE GAME THAT I HAD FALLEN IN LOVE WITH AT ONE TIME..

oh, and IT WAS UP HILL BOTH WAYS IN FREEZING FROST SHOCKS AND VIOLENT 2HAND WINDFURY CRITS WHILE BEING REPEATEDLY AMBUSHED, BACKSTABBED, AND SAPPED THE WHOLE WAY! AND WE DIDN'T COMPLAIN! (we did.) WE LIKED IT!

you mean like the stink bomb quest. What holiday was that for? Halloween? I dont remember. Horde had to go into southshore and fight there. Alliance had to go near undercity and got credit for just being in the area. Sure you had to go to a horde area, but trust me, you didnt have to put up with guards doing a quest IN an alliance city

10+ Year Old Account

I think the murdering of Alliance players outside SFK has been more enjoyable than the seasonal bosses inside.

Flushing out rogues and kittys, those brave Humans charging the bridge only to get knocked off by Orc shamans, and the poor unfourtunate sod who managed to get to the instance portal only to suffer from 'oh shit my mammoth is too big for this doorway' moment and get splatted.

15+ Year Old Account

Good long run through Horde territory!? North by Northwest from Chillwind Post in WPL (Contested) is pretty easy if ya ask me, and then as soon as get past the Bulwark its almost due north. As for the Goblin Transponder, one must have taken the Rig Wars quest chain (and then not destroy the transponder at a later date). To be honest, I doubt that many Horde members actually have the transponder. They can try to see if they can get the quest from Scooty in Booty Bay (near the Tavern), and unlike the Brewfest teleporter, the transponder is only good for yourself.

and wait, does it even matter anymore? You can just teleport in anyhow :-)

so then it just comes down to this: SM and SFK are just better dungeons than Stockades and Gnomer.
    What about Deadmines then? even a shorter walk for hordes from that horde city in northern STV (forgot the name) then alliance players from chillwind point to SM :"D
    video game companies: *makes game with female/LGBT characters*

dudebros: wHAT HTe fUCK IS THSI SOCIAL ,.JUSITICE SHI.,,T,,...,.I canNOT,, BELEIVVB nnOT BYINHG...,

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenFlames
    What about Deadmines then? even a shorter walk for hordes from that horde city in northern STV (forgot the name) then alliance players from chillwind point to SM :"D
    For the level, both walks are guaranteed death fests.

The Horde have it slightly better as they can swim out to sea for a bit.

This reminds me, saw a level 10 Blef in WPL who had walked there from Silvermoon.

I informed him of the teleporter, he thanked me then /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma6987
    Alliance don't travel to SM through EPL, at least not in the day where you had to travel the world (of warcraft) on foot. *fade to memory...*

It was a flight from IF to SS, then a lovely walk through south shore avoiding high level gankers or if it was way back when, running from the 100+ player war zone, swim/island hop through lordamere lake, when avoiding the zeppelin tower you either went left past brill or went right past the front door of lordaeron/undercity, while on the last final, long, stretch to the monastery doors, you still had to worry about being ganked by mounted players, and typically had to fight similiar level groups also entering SM or just grinding the mobs.
    I've got four Alliance level 80s, though my main is Horde. I leveled two of them to 60 on PvP servers pre TBC when everyone was doing stuff like SM and whatever and it was always a warzone outside of the instances. And I've never, ever, ever ever ever ever ever heard of anyone taking that long ass retarded route to SM other than the first time they've gone to get the Chillwind Point flight path. The run from Chillwind Point to SM is literally about five minutes faster with less horde to run through and avoid than that mess you just described.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by illidan50
    just did the valentines day boss and guess who were waiting for me at the door? yep horde and lots of em. why is it that blizz always makes alliance go into horde territory to do a daily boss for a world event? we have to do it for headless horseman and now these dudes.

this isnt a qq post either,im just really wondering why alliance always has to go into horde territory and horde have yet to have to come in one of our zones
    I think the better question is... why do the horde feel entitled to land that they invaded/stole from alliance races that had been there thousands of years?

They have to raise the Auctioneers HP. Horde druid and rogues willy nilly into SW and takem out ;D Well it is kind of funny

horde does have it harder in some other ways. In order to get to a few of our towns we have to travel through 2-3 alliance controled areas. No horde bases inbetween or anything. Examples of this would be badlands or the swamp of sorrow.

I have also noticed, since i have played both alliance and horde, that the horde version of some quests are just plain harder then the alliance versions. I'm not saying that the quests are that hard, just harder. Not a whole lot of those quests but there are a enough for me to notice it.

If in cataclysm they put the worgen starting area just south of SFK then that will probably even things out a bit next year or so.

Well the holiday quests that you have to go to capitals tend to be much easier for alliance so i think it balances out.

Also for the alliance is much quicker and easier than for the horde. Thunderbluff is the only one that should ever fail for alliance. Rofl at boomkins and ele shammies that accidently get 40-50 pvp kills on the elevators.

Let's look at the "Alliance Options"

Deadmines: The most likely Alliance candidate for a world event boss has a few things against it 1) The nearest Horde FP- is at Grom'gol, by land one has to go up through STV, into Duskwood, and left into Westfall. One can water walk it however. 2) The main reason DM won't get picked? Its theme, how, outside of Pirate's Day, do you work in the Defias Brotherhood?

Stockades/Gnomeregan: Never going to happen. These just aren't in Alliance territory, there sitting either in the middle of, or very close to, a capital. Gnomer is even worse due to its layout; there would be no end to the QQ from players.

vs.

SM: very thematic place, and while yes it is close to Undercity, its also not far at all from an Alliance FP. It is easy at least to get to.

SFK: I don't know if I'd necc. think SFK is the best place for Love is the Air festival (see, I think Princess Theradras/Maruadon would have been more fitting but whatever) but again, its relatively close to an Alliance FP (Southshore) and easy to get to.

In short, the two Horde ones are well, simply better dungeons, and easier to get to for both factions (whereas the Alliance ones would only be easier for just Alliance, barring a Hordie having the transporter device)
    I'd have no issues going to gnomer as a horde. There is a teleporter :P

I don't mind going into Horde territory and stomping them on there own turf. 8)

We go and do our thing smash some skulls and they just watch.... why? because there isn't a dam thing they can do about it

well think of it this way.

Headless horseman. Instance boss, goes to SM why? because its the only instance with a graveyard like setting. He was a pally ofc and SM was a place for pallys. What place would be better?

Trio. Instance boss, goes to SFK why? Because what other place would work?? Scholo? umm wtf its full of LK loving cultists and scourge leaders, they would get destroyd. Strat, same as Scholo even worse with the SM guys who hate undead. DM? well while it has ogres and the elfs who would probly hunt them down to protect themselfs. That and im sure it would cause QQ with badies who cant read and get lost in the maze of 3 instances.

I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina
    I don't mind going into Horde territory and stomping them on there own turf. 8)

We go and do our thing smash some skulls and they just watch.... why? because there isn't a dam thing they can do about it
    If only this wa true on all servers it would be viable....

Let's look at the "Alliance Options"

Deadmines: The most likely Alliance candidate for a world event boss has a few things against it 1) The nearest Horde FP- is at Grom'gol, by land one has to go up through STV, into Duskwood, and left into Westfall. One can water walk it however. 2) The main reason DM won't get picked? Its theme, how, outside of Pirate's Day, do you work in the Defias Brotherhood?

Stockades/Gnomeregan: Never going to happen. These just aren't in Alliance territory, there sitting either in the middle of, or very close to, a capital. Gnomer is even worse due to its layout; there would be no end to the QQ from players.

vs.

SM: very thematic place, and while yes it is close to Undercity, its also not far at all from an Alliance FP. It is easy at least to get to.

SFK: I don't know if I'd necc. think SFK is the best place for Love is the Air festival (see, I think Princess Theradras/Maruadon would have been more fitting but whatever) but again, its relatively close to an Alliance FP (Southshore) and easy to get to.

In short, the two Horde ones are well, simply better dungeons, and easier to get to for both factions (whereas the Alliance ones would only be easier for just Alliance, barring a Hordie having the transporter device)
    are you an idiot? seriously?
    you said Gnomer was too close to a capitol, yet look at SM. RIGHT next to undercity. and no easier to get to for alliance than gnomer would be for horde.

also! Gnomer would have been the PERFECT place for the love is in the air bosses. um hello? radiated gnomes spraying poison radiation gasses? makes way more sense than just undead.

To compensate for the unfairness alliance has had to endure I demand the next raid to be a new wing of the stockades. And a battalion of say 1500 royal stormwind guards standing outside it. And maybe a couple ragnaros' or illidans that only attack horde. that would make up for it

Quote Originally Posted by wow4lyfe05
    If only this wa true on all servers it would be viable....
    Ya on our server Ally are usually the ones who dont fight unless they outnumber or are higher lvl then run away when they are about to get wtf pwnt.

Kinda wish they made it wer doing emotes to different factions flagd you >< always hate it in other areas with lowbys who just spam lol and rofl at me because i cant kill em.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogoat
    are you an idiot? seriously?
    you said Gnomer was too close to a capitol, yet look at SM. RIGHT next to undercity. and no easier to get to for alliance than gnomer would be for horde.

also! Gnomer would have been the PERFECT place for the love is in the air bosses. um hello? radiated gnomes spraying poison radiation gasses? makes way more sense than just undead.

To compensate for the unfairness alliance has had to endure I demand the next raid to be a new wing of the stockades. And a battalion of say 1500 royal stormwind guards standing outside it. And maybe a couple ragnaros' or illidans that only attack horde. that would make up for it

Unfairness haha that so funny you gave me a ;D .. and 1500 guards haha like anything for the horde comes close to that... QQ moar plz

And like i said for DM gnomer is such a bad place to do things in its too big and easy to get lost for newbies then having to go their daily would just be too much for em. That and i doubt Thermaplug would allow them to set up sho[

Quote Originally Posted by Zonas

Unfairness haha that so funny you gave me a ;D .. and 1500 guards haha like anything for the horde comes close to that... QQ moar plz

And like i said for DM gnomer is such a bad place to do things in its too big and easy to get lost for newbies then having to go their daily would just be too much for em. That and i doubt Thermaplug would allow them to set up sho[
    fairly sure he was joking about the 1500 guards thing, the illidan outside that only attacks horde was my first clue.

Quote Originally Posted by ScorchHellfire
    I think the better question is... why do the horde feel entitled to land that they invaded/stole from alliance races that had been there thousands of years?
    What land would that be exactly?

Lorderon? The Forsaken (99% of whom are essentially the re-animated former inhabitants of the kingdom in question to begin with) have more claim to the Lands of Lorderon then the "Human" factions based out of stormwind.

Durotar? Correct me if I am wrong, but the Quillboar / Harpies / Centaur that the Horde (orcs and Trolls mainly) displaced to set up their Capital city were never part of the Alliance.

Pretty sure that the Alliance never had anything remotely resembling a claim on any lands the Tauren have settled.

Blood Elves? Well, its the Alliance's own bloody fault that they are no longer part of your team. You reap what you sow.

Other then the current Logging rights dispute in Ashenvale, the Alliance has done more agression towards the current horde then vice versa.