Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: so why is it that alliance always has to go into horde territory?

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd
    What land would that be exactly?

Lorderon? The Forsaken (99% of whom are essentially the re-animated former inhabitants of the kingdom in question to begin with) have more claim to the Lands of Lorderon then the "Human" factions based out of stormwind.

Durotar? Correct me if I am wrong, but the Quillboar / Harpies / Centaur that the Horde (orcs and Trolls mainly) displaced to set up their Capital city were never part of the Alliance.

Pretty sure that the Alliance never had anything remotely resembling a claim on any lands the Tauren have settled.

Blood Elves? Well, its the Alliance's own bloody fault that they are no longer part of your team. You reap what you sow.

Other then the current Logging rights dispute in Ashenvale, the Alliance has done more agression towards the current horde then vice versa.
    Alright, let's begin with the Alliance's invasion of Horde territories during the First War... Oh, wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenais
    Alright, let's begin with the Alliance's invasion of Horde territories during the First War... Oh, wait.
    Except that World Of Warcraft is not, and has never been, about the events of the First War, now has it? Conveniently enough, The First and Second wars had their own Warcraft Games. World of Warcraft is largely about the political climate and racial interactions stemming from the fallout of the Burning Legion's second comming (as seen in WC3) and the Rise of the Scourge (as seen in WC3:TFT). Sure, the memories left behind by events of the previous wars still color viewpoints etc of the people who lived through them (See Admiral Proudmore), but they are still seperate events, that are largely over and done with. The current Horde is not the same as the Old Horde, and as I said, in the CURRENT state of Azeroth, the only real Issues at hand are the Logging Dispute in Ashenvale, and the Legal ramifications of weather you still own your house if you were killed and then re-animated against your will.

I mean, I realise that it is a crude comparison to try to make, but do you spit on and curse at every German person you see today because at some point in the past, Germany was involved in WW I and II?

Quote Originally Posted by deathleach
    Well, Gnomer is just a maze and it is harder to get into Dun Morogh then it is to get into Silverpine. You could use the Booty Bay teleporter as a horde, but I don't know if many people know that it exists
    Wait, what teleporter? From Booty Bay to where?

Quote Originally Posted by Totle
    Wait, what teleporter? From Booty Bay to where?
    Gnomeregan