15+ Year Old Account

Need some advice/input. :| (Fury, on ArP hardcap)

Well, I make a lot of post on these boards but I don't usually ask for much help. Well, this time is different!
    I recently took a 20 day or so hiatus from WoW, so my gear is a *bit* behind. I have 2 pieces of ICC level gear, 2 from badges (shoulders/cloak) and 1 drop, boots, off gunship 10. Mostly all of my other gear is ilevel 245.
    Now, I'm going for ArP hardcap, after doing a bit of reading up on it. I can get about..80% at the moment. I need more ICC gear, however, with my current set up, to hit hard cap. I know it wont be "hard", but I need a few suggestions. I also have a few questions.
    Whilst I near hardcap, I notice my AP drastically going down. I'm nearing 5100 AP unbuffed, which seems ridiculously low. Also, in order to further advance my ArP %, I seem to be losing a bit of crit.
    My 2 weapons that I am currently using, are 2 Justicebringers. If I switch out one of those with a Ram Blade of Culling, I'll lose a shitton of crit, but gain quite a bit of ArP, since I have 2 ArP gems in it, and it has more base ArP as well. With that equipped, I am losing about 2% crit, dropping my U/B crit to 38%. Is that too low? I know crit is nothing to gem for, but is there a point that I should stop dropping it for ArP?
    Also, as I near 100% *well, sort of*, I can easily drop my grim toll for a NeS, which will bump my crit BACK up, as I am over the hit cap and wont suffer from losing the hit from GT. That's one possibility.
    So, suggestions? My armory can be viewed in my signature. Elurity, Ysera server, if you want to do it the hard way. 0.o

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Re: Need some advice/input. :| (Fury, on ArP hardcap)

If you are going for the Hardcap, and when you get nearer to it, you should use neither of those trinkets, since the proc loses value every time you increase your Arp over the softcap.

Also, it should be obvious that, if you go for the Arp Hardcap, you will lose other stats. Arp is not for free. You just choose to go for it because it is more valuable than other stats, especially in large amounts. For specific questions, you should simply use a spreadsheet or some kind of simulations-tool. Those can generally be trusted to tell the truth, and are far more accurate than "duh, you crit seems to be kind of low" or something like that.

15+ Year Old Account

I'm on a Mac, so I don't have access to landsouls spreadsheet. So that's not an option right now. And that's not the only way to give advice to someone. :|

Well, yes, but it is the best advice someone can give you. Gut-feeling is not really a solid source of information.

As i said, your Stats will be lower than if you would not go for that much Arp, simply because Arp takes up item budge, which can than not be used by other stats, leaving your more visible stats lower.

And whether or not a specific item should be changed, or not, is not something that is obvious in most cases. I could give you the advice that the sticky above gave me, saying that you should go for Arp Hardcap if you can reach more than 75% without a trinket proc. Since you said you can reach 80, it should be ok.

Both will probably work within a difference that is so small that the questions simply can not be answered without a complete calculation. But since you said that that is not an option to you, you will have to go with gut-feeling.

Basically, i would say that you should go for pieces with Arp if they are of the same ilvl than your other choices, or higher. Note that this is a very general advice, and in no way exact. Also exclude stuff that has too much useless stats on it.

And, as i said before, you should get yourself an other trinket instead of GrimToll/NES when you reach higher Arp values. If you are at 80% Arp, the proc of those items is less than half as good as it is when you are at the softcap, making them generally inferior trinkets to most other reasonable choices.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Simbert
    Well, yes, but it is the best advice someone can give you. Gut-feeling is not really a solid source of information.

As i said, your Stats will be lower than if you would not go for that much Arp, simply because Arp takes up item budge, which can than not be used by other stats, leaving your more visible stats lower.

And whether or not a specific item should be changed, or not, is not something that is obvious in most cases. I could give you the advice that the sticky above gave me, saying that you should go for Arp Hardcap if you can reach more than 75% without a trinket proc. Since you said you can reach 80, it should be ok.

Both will probably work within a difference that is so small that the questions simply can not be answered without a complete calculation. But since you said that that is not an option to you, you will have to go with gut-feeling.

Basically, i would say that you should go for pieces with Arp if they are of the same ilvl than your other choices, or higher. Note that this is a very general advice, and in no way exact. Also exclude stuff that has too much useless stats on it.

And, as i said before, you should get yourself an other trinket instead of GrimToll/NES when you reach higher Arp values. If you are at 80% Arp, the proc of those items is less than half as good as it is when you are at the softcap, making them generally inferior trinkets to most other reasonable choices.
    Advice helped, thanks. I guess I'm just not used to under 50% raid buffed. 0.o it just seems weird going below that. I had to drop about..4% to get 20% arp. I guess that's a good trade off, though.
    I'm going to get NeS, because, lets face it, logic dictates that 2% crit>80 some odd hit that I don't need. That was my only reasoning behind wanting to replace that for it.
    My armory should be updated right now - 78.95% arp unbuffed, and 80 something % with food. So I'm gonna say 80%. 20 more to go. :| With more ICC gear, it should come easily.

15+ Year Old Account

Hmmm..now that I think about it...now that I am at 80%..would getting banner of victory be a good thing..? That's 6% arp I think..knocking me up to almost 90%...

as for furture gear set ups, the fury 4' does not include gloves, so you're going to need to find a chunk of hit from the icc10 belt(from fester or rotface) or the 25m bracers. although if you see the gloves from voa you can use them until you have badges for the vendor ones; after you get at least your 2 set ofcourse.
    im assuming your still guilded aswell(just had your arm open but closed it before looking at the guild) so a WFS might be in your future, possibly even a DBW if you still have a 25man spot

and yes banner is pretty nice even though its "crap"
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

15+ Year Old Account

I'm in a guild that clears the first two wings of ICC 25 weekly, yeah gear wont be a problem as soon as I can get my real raiding comp out of storage *i just moved, that's the reason for the 20 day hiatus*. I have a raid spot waiting for me.

Banner is so much better than NES if you're shooting for a hardcap. Don't forget food and ArP elixers are always possibilities. As for swapping axes...Heroics DBBs are better than Rams if you're already Exp capped...by far.

Start buyin up the primordial saronites...cause that's your next big upgrade. If money isn't an option then craftable legs and boots with swapping Ram's axe for the loss of exp on your tier legs is a great option. Gatecrasher's gaunts add a ton of ArP.

Items I think you might be interested in, I'll let you figure our how to arrange them to meet your needs.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47730 - Heroic Badges
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47105 - AH
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=70565 - Craftable
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=70566 - Craftable

If you can pick up a hit neckpiece...you can pick up gatecrashers gaunts, which is a HUGE upgrade for you in arp.

Edit: All aside however, if you're guild is running weekly 25s and 10s it won't be long before you pick up enough ArP pieces to mix and match to cover your caps...all of them.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

15+ Year Old Account

Thanks for the reply Battousai, I was hoping you'd take a peak into this thread. Although I thought I'd let you come in instead of requesting for your input.
    Money IS an issue for me - I only have 5k gold at the moment, as I haven't played in quite a while. I bought a greatness deck and the BoE arp wrist for my DK alt before I took my 20 day hiatus, so I'm a bit stretched on cash atm. That took me down about 5k.

The ring is something i'd never thought of..although I need the hit from the ashen ring I have right now.
    I have a hit necklace, the ony 245 one, so when I get banner, I'll be replacing grim toll with banner, and my hit will be at 187 I think? I could probably drop down to 140 something, since I always have a 1% hit aura in the raid. Idk. Interesting things to think about, again, thanks very much for the input. Not having access to landsouls spreadsheet, any good advice is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns
    Thanks for the reply Battousai, I was hoping you'd take a peak into this thread. Although I thought I'd let you come in instead of requesting for your input.
    Money IS an issue for me - I only have 5k gold at the moment, as I haven't played in quite a while. I bought a greatness deck and the BoE arp wrist for my DK alt before I took my 20 day hiatus, so I'm a bit stretched on cash atm. That took me down about 5k.

The ring is something i'd never thought of..although I need the hit from the ashen ring I have right now.
    I have a hit necklace, the ony 245 one, so when I get banner, I'll be replacing grim toll with banner, and my hit will be at 187 I think? I could probably drop down to 140 something, since I always have a 1% hit aura in the raid. Idk. Interesting things to think about, again, thanks very much for the input. Not having access to landsouls spreadsheet, any good advice is appreciated.
    There's an almost identical legs drop in heroic ToC 10s off anub. And the craftable boots are almost idential to Blood soaked Saronites off Lady D. I crafted my own boots knowing they were maybe 10 dps less than the BiS normals...simply so I would be next in line for a couple bigger upgrades...such as DBW, tier trophies, Frostbrood Saphhire ring (oh its teh sex...please oh god drop this week).

Gloves off anub from 25 ToC...instead of gatecrashers. You need to replace your belt with something that has some arp on it. I think the belt off Rotface 10's suits your immediate needs the most. Until you can grab the mace from Prince's.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

check out my gear set up currently, other options for you are the leather emblem belt but your immediate upgrade should be the emblem gloves as batt has already mentioned.

As fas as I understand the way arp works, it's not really beneficial to you dropping gt until you are able to hit ~95% plus because the most damage is reduced by that first 5% of armour .

Armoury is the website under my name to the left (I eat arp food)

I'm on a Mac, so I don't have access to landsouls spreadsheet. So that's not an option right now. And that's not the only way to give advice to someone. :|
    This is not specifically true, mac's can run windows programs fine besides you can download a beta of office 2010.

15+ Year Old Account

You have no sig bruh.

You have no sig bruh.
    The web page link (blue globe) under my name to the left.