Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: [Poll] Restoration Best Weapon Nowdays

The 258 bracers are essentially better. Resto druid stat weights routinely put crit at worse than 20:1 to SP, and the value of int is derived in huge part by the mana regen component of it, which there's a virtual consensus among top-end druids to not be a big concern; most stat weights still MP5:SP at 1:0.9 which is wrong, wrong wrong at the very front edge of progression.

Even if you want to say they're vanishingly close (which 90% of BiS upgrades are), the key to building a BiS gearset is to be consistent about picking up these niggly minor upgrades. Then, realize that in practice it's going to be difficult to collect all of this gear and start looking for the best compromise you can manage.

Vindicatum - US-Icecrown 14/14H - 3 days per week - Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor
    http://vindicatum.com/

15+ Year Old Account

Trauma, hands down.

--- --- --- --- --- --- ---

I haven't put a ton of thought into this yet however based on those items you posted I am really liking the look of that staff. After we get all our ICC gear chances are we'll have some room to spare some haste.

I have found Trauma to be very useful on some fights, however I still have my old staff in my bags wherever I go for those fights where I would rather the other stats. So I'd say pick up the heroic version of this for fights where it will come in handy, like blood queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurik
    The 258 bracers are essentially better. Resto druid stat weights routinely put crit at worse than 20:1 to SP
    Where are these stat weights generated?

Even if you want to say they're vanishingly close (which 90% of BiS upgrades are), the key to building a BiS gearset is to be consistent about picking up these niggly minor upgrades. Then, realize that in practice it's going to be difficult to collect all of this gear and start looking for the best compromise you can manage.
    True enough. And in fact, I would say it's more likely for me to see heroic ICC gear than it is to see H ToC items, which perhaps is giving me a bias, but I still believe that crit is more useful than most stat weightings suggest, primarily due to the advantages of Living Seed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Degrador

True enough. And in fact, I would say it's more likely for me to see heroic ICC gear than it is to see H ToC items, which perhaps is giving me a bias, but I still believe that crit is more useful than most stat weightings suggest, primarily due to the advantages of Living Seed.
    There's a general breakdown of the benefits of SP/Haste/Crit for every healing spell on TreeCalcs.

Also, TreeCalcs supports modelling of Trauma in a rough estimation given the average number of targets it heals (which after the buff is quite significant).

Quote Originally Posted by Jurik
    Wrong wrists, wrong chest enchant. Also, 277 sanguine robes + set shoulders gives you 336 spellpower, 98 haste, 82 crit. That's better than 277 frost-tipped shoulders + set robe which gives 335 spellpower, 74 haste, 106 crit, as you'll be able to drop 2 more reckless gems for 22 more SP. (Moving to the 258 wrists from ToGC also lets you drop more as well)

The linked spec also doesn't include Revitalize and therefore should be dragged out behind the barn and shot. (Natural Perfection 3/3? Brambles 1/3? Really???)
    The spec was for my 4set tp9. That's why I got the 3 points in Natural Perfection. And by the way the 1 point in brambles was to reach Celestial focus. I had wrongly specced back then and updated it on wowhead without even looking at my talents. Either way I hadn't updated that in a while. Thanx for pointing it out.

I checked the chest and enchant argument and you sir are completely right thank you for your help

Your idea increases my haste by 24. gives me 1 spellpower. Makes me lose 24 crit (who cares).

Chest enchant is a current bug in the wowhead profiler that's not allowing my account to put the proper chest enchant.

As for the wrists. I copied my (new) BiS list and changed the bracers and gems accordingly.

277 Bracers (let's call this A): http://www.wowhead.com/?profile=20778346
    258 Bracers (let's call this B): http://www.wowhead.com/?profile=20794909

A) 13 Intellect. 19 Spirit. 2 mp5. 60 Crit.
    B) 17 Haste. 18 Spellpower.

keeping in mind that B is 19 haste over the haste cap which makes it absolutely useless. I would prefer to go with A.

Edit: I checked Degrador's List and not only are you right about the rings but also you didn't mention the boots which were a huge upgrade in my list. Thanx

Quote Originally Posted by Degrador
    Long answer, treecalcs.

Short answer: check your personal WoL/WMO reports and apply this "rule of thumb" formula (which is a bit inaccurate, but will give you a general idea
    *haste to cap always
    *SP value = Rej% x 4 + WG% x 6 + LB% x 2 + Nourish% x 1 + SM% x 2.5 + Reg% x 2.5
    *crit value = Nourish% + SM% + Reg% x 0.75 + LB% x 0.6 [multiply this by 0.66 if you don't have 3/3 LS]

For example, rounded numbers from my most recent Festergut (mostly aura healing)
    60% Rej
    25% WG
    10% LB
    2% SM
    2% Reg
    1% Nourish

SP value = 2.4 + 1.5 + .2 + .01 + .05 + .05 = ~4.21
    Crit value = .01 + .02 + .015 + .06 = ~.1

From last week's PP (lots of spot/tank healing, very little in the way of aura damage until p3):
    40% Rej
    35% WG
    13% LB
    7% SM
    5% Reg
    0% Nourish

SP value = 1.6 + 2.1 + .26 + 0 + .175 + .125 = ~4.26
    crit value = 0 + .07 + .0375 + .08 = ~.21

Even if you were to overvalue crit to the degree of 10:1, 60 crit is only worth 6 spellpower, leaving 9sp vs 13 int. I'd still go with sp here.
    Vindicatum - US-Icecrown 14/14H - 3 days per week - Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor
    http://vindicatum.com/

10+ Year Old Account

http://www.wowhead.com/?profile=20795934

please let me know what you think.

I have changed my mind about weapons to, after seeing the trauma buff the proc is definatly worth the extra 50 spellpower or watever it is on the lk mace!

depends what ya chose to get

staff = normally with higher stats , haste , crit .
    mace + offhand = more spell power

I have yet to see what mace and offhand would beat the chieftain staff on haste since that's currently my target >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Rejuviflye
    http://www.wowhead.com/?profile=20795934

please let me know what you think.

I have changed my mind about weapons to, after seeing the trauma buff the proc is definatly worth the extra 50 spellpower or watever it is on the lk mace!
    Change your meta. Change your boots to the plague Scientists boots and you have the exact same gear as Degrador and myself. The only thing left is the wrists which Jurik is arguing about.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Dendron
    Change your meta.
    this is another point im in doubt... Tbh id prefer the 25sp+2%int.. why? cause i can manage my innervate rotation + mana pots (if necessary) and i dont go out of mana...

15+ Year Old Account

Change your meta. Change your boots to the plague Scientists boots and you have the exact same gear as Degrador and myself. The only thing left is the wrists which Jurik is arguing about.

You have enough mana problems to warrant using a 21int/mana restore meta?

In my best in slot gear I have 1547 Intellect. 2% of that = 31 intellect.
    The other meta provides 21 Intellect.

SO that's a 10 intellect increase and a 25 spellpower increase vs A chance to restore mana.

I checked the log of my most recent raid boss kill: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/h...?s=1230&e=1636

Procced 9 times. Provided 5400 mana back.

I'd rather have that. Just because we're doing amazing on mana regeneration it doesn't mean we should jsut ignore every little gain we can get.

15+ Year Old Account

In my best in slot gear I have 1547 Intellect. 2% of that = 31 intellect.
    The other meta provides 21 Intellect.

SO that's a 10 intellect increase and a 25 spellpower increase vs A chance to restore mana.

I checked the log of my most recent raid boss kill: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/h...?s=1230&e=1636

Procced 9 times. Provided 5400 mana back.

I'd rather have that. Just because we're doing amazing on mana regeneration it doesn't mean we should jsut ignore every little gain we can get.
    I have a hard time believing mana could even remotely be an issue with a Spark of Hope and Solace on top of that meta unless you were specifically gearing around the intent to be giving your innervate to other people. Sure the mana returned looks good in numbers, but overgearing towards regen is just a waste if you're not actually running out of mana to the point where the extra regen could be put to use (i.e. you actually hit zero mana while gearing for throughput) opposed to having a constant increase to your throughput with the other meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Xasthur
    I have a hard time believing mana could even remotely be an issue with a Spark of Hope and Solace on top of that meta unless you were specifically gearing around the intent to be giving your innervate to other people. Sure the mana returned looks good in numbers, but overgearing towards regen is just a waste if you're not actually running out of mana to the point where the extra regen could be put to use (i.e. you actually hit zero mana while gearing for throughput) opposed to having a constant increase to your throughput with the other meta.
    I haven't Innervated myself since faction champs 25 man. Keep in mind I hit 80 when ToC came out.

Edit: Sorry about the short answer. but the fact is.. I've made it a habit to innervate other healers and sometimes even arcane mages when fighting bosses. And I still do great on mana. In the end I never finish under 10% of my mana which granted means that I may need the new meta but I'd rather be safe then to gain only 21 spellpower. Keeping in mind we can innervate 3/4 times for most fights. With my glyph and trinket it's rarely an issue.

Finally I'm expecting to get rid of Spark of Hope soon enough. For Althor's Abascus. Which may change things around