targeting problem

hi, my main is a moonkin and i've been always having problems targeting adds in raids and i'm a noob at macros and keybinding because im not use to them (at least im being honest). i believe that my targeting problem has cause me to do low dps even though i do have decent gear to do any raid. can i get some help on this and dont be mean please.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rne&cn=Garzett

15+ Year Old Account

Re: targeting problem

Well we force everyone to run Ora2 so we can place main tank targets up. Then you can assist off those easily. If your guild isn't running that, then setup player targets for
    your current tanks.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

So you're looking for alternatives to macros? Or you're trying to figure out how to use them?

Targeting macros are the easier ones to make. You press Esc, click on Macros, Click New. Select an Icon for it, call it whatever you want, and in the Text box you just write /target (mob name). You can shorten the names too. In the Marrowgar encounter you can make a macro that just says: /target Bone This macro will target a Bone spike at random and do nothing else. You can spam click this (or assign it to a key, preferably) and as soon as you see your target has changed you can begin casting.

You can use the same macro for a variety of encounters. You can add multiple lines to that macro so that if the first target isn't there, it'll look for the next one. For instance:

/target Bone
    /target Kor'kron Battle-mage

This macro will look to target any target that starts with the word Bone (luckly there's only one target in all of ICC that starts with the word Bone, and it's Bone Spike). If no target is available, it will then look for a target that starts with Kor'kron Battle-Mage. This will target the caster that freezes your cannons on the gunship encounter.

Macros are good for times when targeting time needs to be kept to a minimum. If you're looking for a more broad way to select a target, you should be playing with Nameplates turned on (V by default). In large groups it can be difficult to find an individual target, regardless if overlapping nameplates is enabled or disabled. In those situations (such as the gauntlet in Stratholme) it's easier to turn off Nameplates and select the target manually with the mouse.

You have to be able to use all targeting methods available to you. Tab targeting is too slow in my opinion (except if you're tanking), and it's lazy to wait for other dps to target something just so you can assist them. This all comes with practice. Good luck!

IS your problem when there Are servel adds, or just a few adds?

just a few adds. yeah im trying to figure out how to use macros i cant get them to work well. i've tried keybinding and i dont think i can handle doing it i've been a clicker since i got the game a year ago. i'll try to make many macros and see if they work. is there an addon or something that shows the cd timing. im not sure if my professions help much i'm a JC and Eng.