Page 1 of 2
LastLast

herkuml war token vs DMC:G

rawr shows herkuml as a significant upgrade over DMC:G just wondering if it would be worth the badges,, i already have 4 peice t10 shadows edge and the badge back
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Re: herkuml war token vs DMC:G

Just compare it to other things you can buy for 60 badges of Frost and see which gives the biggest increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquoid
    Just compare it to other things you can buy for 60 badges of Frost and see which gives the biggest increase.
    I did, and this trinket gives the biggest increase (about 80 dps i think) but i dont see any top ret paladins on any servers using it and it seems like it would have a high chance for the stacks to fall off
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

If you have 4piece t10 SE and a badge cloak then im guessing your able to kill PP? get a TAJ and whats your 2nd trinket? get WFS or get a DC/V don't waste your badges on that trinket FoTFF was bad this is bad for us as well ive said it before ill say it again even if i had 5/5 + the libram + anything else i wanted from badges and had an over abundance of frost badges i still wouldn't waste 60 on that trinket :/

honestly don't waste the badges just hold out for something better

actually for some reason we worked on putricide almost got him then lanathel came out and we have been working on her ever since we kill him easy in 10 man i would love to have TAiaJ my current trinkets are WFS and DMC:G

While HWT may be better than DMC:G, I would go for the long-term upgrade first. That upgrade would be the EoF libram. As your gear approaches BiS, the priority of trinkets looks like this.

1) Tiny Abom(heroic)
    2) Death Choice/Verdict(heroic)
    3) Whispering Fanged Skull (heroic)
    4) Tiny Abom (regular)
    5) Deathbringer's Will (heroic)
    6) Death's Choice (regular)
    7) Whispering Fanged Skull (regular)
    8) Herkuml War Token <--- Supposed to be an 8, not a smile
    9) Deathbringer's Will (regular)
    10) Darkmoon Card: Greatness.

The trinket has numerous superior counterparts, while the libram does not. If you find that you haven't upgraded DMC:G after accumulating enough badges for HWT again, then perhaps you are doomed and should just go ahead and pick it up.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

go libram. the libram is bis and the trinket has a lot of upgrades. not to mention lets break down the fights it can fall off.

Marrowar - shouldn't fall off unless your healers suck and you cant dps boss in bone storm
    deathwisper - it will likely fall off unless your dps sucks and you dont kill adds until next is about to spawn
    gunship - almost no chance of keeping it up
    saurfang - 100% uptime once you get the stacks up
    rotface - can very easily fall off here. if you are good you could probably smack your add to keep it up
    fester that will be up 100%
    pp - you will lose it every phase change and could lose it at other times very easily
    blood princes - you will likely lose it on a swap
    queen - you will lose it every air phase
    dreamwalker - if you dont go in portals you can probably keep it up. But you will be going portals.
    sindragosa - air phase it is gone, p3 you'll lose it too
    LK - unless you have an add up you'll lose it

so, only bosses you can really keep it up for are easy bosses. on the harder bosses you are going to lose the stacks, thus do less dps on the bosses that mater. Keep doing TOC for an upgrade. or 10man and hope if you already have dc.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Deleted

i might be confused here, but should'nt healers take the portal at VDW?

and RF, i thought that was tank and spank for the most part? the only way your stack can fall of is if you get the debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall
    i might be confused here, but should'nt healers take the portal at VDW?

and RF, i thought that was tank and spank for the most part? the only way your stack can fall of is if you get the debuff.
    the spore buff is an ae buff when they are killed. you can easily get away with normal without dps going in, but heroic i foresee being a different story.
    Pondering returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    go libram. the libram is bis and the trinket has a lot of upgrades. not to mention lets break down the fights it can fall off.

Marrowar - shouldn't fall off unless your healers suck and you cant dps boss in bone storm
    deathwisper - it will likely fall off unless your dps sucks and you dont kill adds until next is about to spawn
    gunship - almost no chance of keeping it up
    saurfang - 100% uptime once you get the stacks up
    rotface - can very easily fall off here. if you are good you could probably smack your add to keep it up
    fester that will be up 100%
    pp - you will lose it every phase change and could lose it at other times very easily
    blood princes - you will likely lose it on a swap
    queen - you will lose it every air phase
    dreamwalker - if you dont go in portals you can probably keep it up. But you will be going portals.
    sindragosa - air phase it is gone, p3 you'll lose it too
    LK - unless you have an add up you'll lose it

so, only bosses you can really keep it up for are easy bosses. on the harder bosses you are going to lose the stacks, thus do less dps on the bosses that mater. Keep doing TOC for an upgrade. or 10man and hope if you already have dc.
    Having seen every fight but the Lich King I've noticed a few things wrong with the list:

Rotface you really should have 100% uptime unless you also let your SoV stacks fall off as well esp. since his hit box is huge and you can basically judge him from anywhere on the edge of the slime pools.
    Blood Princes it should never fall off you can always attack a target if it takes more then 10 seconds to run between targets get PoJ.
    Dreamwalker atleast we just had healers go in the portals dps was more then sufficient to handle adds without taking portals.
    Sindragosa unless you're actually the ice block your stacks shouldn't fall off.

That being said I'm not worried about HWT since I'm getting our next TaJ.

Having seen every fight but the Lich King I've noticed a few things wrong with the list:

Rotface you really should have 100% uptime unless you also let your SoV stacks fall off as well esp. since his hit box is huge and you can basically judge him from anywhere on the edge of the slime pools.
    Blood Princes it should never fall off you can always attack a target if it takes more then 10 seconds to run between targets get PoJ.
    Dreamwalker atleast we just had healers go in the portals dps was more then sufficient to handle adds without taking portals.
    Sindragosa unless you're actually the ice block your stacks shouldn't fall off.

That being said I'm not worried about HWT since I'm getting our next TaJ.
    princes you couls easily have to run out for the ae blast than run across the room. or have to run around a ball that hit the floor and take more than 10 seconds. As i said about dreamwalker, you can muscle it down now, but come hardmode we wont be able to. unless the token is different the fotff judge does not add or refresh stacks. sindragosa's air phase transition takes 10 seconds.
    Pondering returning.

but while shes in the air as long as your not iced you get to attack the cubes =P so it shouldn't go down

when Sindragosa goes up in the air, there is a period of time where you will not be able to dps anything untill the ppl get into frost tombs. This period of time that you cant dps anything is when you will lose the stacks from the trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Turanduban
    when Sindragosa goes up in the air, there is a period of time where you will not be able to dps anything untill the ppl get into frost tombs. This period of time that you cant dps anything is when you will lose the stacks from the trinket.
    ^this
    Pondering returning.

guess it just depends on where your raid stands when everyone gets marked because its def not 10 or 15sec or whatever the trinket is between her flying up and everyone getting frozen =P

she flies up, about 3s later beacons go out, 7s later people get frozen, then you have to move and hit.

it's a 10 second buff. it will definitely fall off.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dethecus&n=Solandrys

i don't really care anyway not going to argue about it i think the trinket is a pos as i stated in my first post in the thread

The trinket overall, assuming you keep the stacks up the entire fight, is a marginal dps increase. As Im sure others have said. Ther are MUCH better things to spend badges on.

Click to see my Armory

I bought the Herkulm and it's working really well for me.
    Then again I have very good gear and terrible luck with trinkets so it's justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Mannic
    guess it just depends on where your raid stands when everyone gets marked because its def not 10 or 15sec or whatever the trinket is between her flying up and everyone getting frozen =P
    The trinket (Each time you deal melee or ranged damage to an opponent, you gain 17 attack power for the next 10 sec) loses the stacks after 10 sec of your last dmg'ing attack. The air phase from the moment till u cant melee her anymore till when ppl get into tombs is definetely more then 10 secs. Unless if u wait under her to cast exorcism and time it right before the stacks fall off then nitro boots(if you have Engi) ur ass to the stairs in case u are the one getting tombed so as they can safely dps your tomb aswell. If you arent getting tombed then its np cause you should have enought time to run and hide/dps behind the tombs before you get hit by any of her frost bombs. Be aware if you risk doing such thing and you wipe your raid expect ppl calling you a retard. I will try this and tell you if i can keep my stacks.