Deleted

[guide]Addons

Addons

Addons is a small "program" that allowa you to costumize your gameplay and UI. There is lots of different addons out there with many different uses. Some allows you to move and delete the bars in wow, like castbars and actionbars. Other addons remakes the unitframes, so you can move them around and give you more information about the player like buffs, healing-over-time and damage-over-time. And other addons simply gives wow more tools, like minigames and chat.

I will cover the most know (in my opinion) addons now.

X-pearl UnitFrames

This addon gives the original blizzard player, party, raid and focus frames new life. You can now move them around the screen, make them bigger or smaller and costumize the amount of information you get. I find it very usefull as healer, i can easy see who in the raid who needs heal. If the frame gets yellow, it means the guy got a curse on him, green means poison, red magic effect etc etc. As druid healer, my power is HoTs, healing-over-time spells. I can easy makes X-Pearl UnitFrames track rejuvention, wild growth, lifebloom and regrowth on the different ppl in the raid.

AtlasLoot

this mod (mods and addons is the same) allows you to easy see what every boss in wow drops. It also includes PvP gear, craftable gear/items/weapons, rep items/gear/weapon and items/gear from the world events like Halloween, lunar festival and winterveil. Its very useful for finding upgrades for your gear/weapon in a easy and smooth way.

Quartz

Quartz is an addon mostly for spellcasters and healers. It makes the blizzard cast bar much bigger, you choose yourself, allow you to watch HoTs and DoTs (damage-over-time). It also adds a target cast bar, makes it very usefull in PvP aswell as PvE, for example when a boss makes some nasty fire thingy. A must for every caster and healer.

Recount

Recount is a graphical damage meter, but also "counts" other things like dps, healing done, interrupts and deaths. Its very cool to watch your own dps aswell as others in your group/raid. You can also click on your own name in the window to watch wich abilities and spells you have used most, makes the addon nice to help you analyse your dps. If you are leveling, it may not have the greatest use, but when you hit 80 it will become a very good friend

Omen threat meter

Omen is a threat meter. Almost every single monster in wow will attack the guy with most threat. Omen makes it a nice little window so you can watch your threat. The tank should always be nr1. If you are tank (like me) this is a must!!!

Deadly Boss Mods

DBM (deadly boss mods) is a addon to help you in several end-game boss encounters. It makes some
    bars, that counts down to some boss ability, like SMASH (UK last boss, flamebreath (VoA koralon) or simply "new adds soon" (onyxia). It is very useful in every WotLK raid. In PvP it's also useful in BGs like AB, AV and IoC. These BGs have bases, controlling them gives some kind of points. This addon allows you to watch when your team gets the base (there is often a 1 min timer from assult to capture). In my opinion, it's a must for every raider.

Bartender4

Bartender4 is a full actionbar replacement addon. You can move, delete and resize your actionbars so they fit into your UI. I tried bartender when I was lvl 64, but it was like 100% chaos, so I deleted it very fast. Now im 80, got lots of addons including recount and omen, but the screen was too small, not enough space for my addons I found bartender4 again, spended 3 hours in some AVs (40man) to clean up my UI and make it look nice. And I succeed. I moved some bars, deleted those I didnt used, resized them so my recount could be to the left, omen in the right, chatprompt over recount, Xpearl raid grp 1-5 over omen and DBM next to the raid groups. Now Im happy

TooManyAddons

TooManyaddons is a pretty "unknown" addon. Im feral tank resto offspecc Druid, so I got alot of addons. My problem was, that when I should change from tank to healer I need to relogg to configure addons. I use Quartz to heal and omen to tank etc etc. But then I found this great addon!!! It allows me to make different addon profiles. For example, tank, healer and healer PvP. then you choose the addons to each profile, click on "reload UI" and voilà, the addons is now enabled without relogg and time
    spent clicking on the small boxes. It's very nice.

How to get addons?

okay, there is 2 different ways you can get addons. The complex and the easy one.

complex & hard

you find a site like Curse, wowinterface or wowmatrix. you click on something like "manual download", you download the file, move it to your wow game map and you go. When you need to Update it (like patches or Xpacks for example) you need to download it again

easy

you find a site like Curse, wowinterface or wowmatrix. All sites Got a program, curses version is called curse client. I use curse, so I'll use that as an example. When you have found the addon you would like to get, click on "install via curse client" instead of "manual download". When you ude the program, you just need to click on "Update" when it shows "out of date". You dont even need to lock after the wow folder. It's very easy.

And, addons is NOT illegal, as long as they don't automize the game (botting).

I realy hope it helped

Re: [guide]Addons

From what I read while skimming through this wall of text, it's a good guide. But you posted it in the wrong place; move it to the "guide" section of the forums.
    Soviet Russia was merely a setback!

Relys Sunwalker
    Rakzor Frostwolf
    Descle Dubraig

Deleted

Moving this to the UI forum.

Deleted

Oh, forgot to post it here :S

thanks moderator-where-ever-you-are