Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: A thought about shadow priests....

Quote Originally Posted by muto
    any class that uses shadow damage as its main source of damage can be considered a necromancer that being said, shadow priests and warlocks are both necromancers.
    what connection does shadows and necromancy have?
    afaik necromancy is raising the dead, just like necrophilia is... liking the dead. there's nothing to suggest shadows in it.

Quote Originally Posted by tatienne
    what connection does shadows and necromancy have?
    afaik necromancy is raising the dead, just like necrophilia is... liking the dead. there's nothing to suggest shadows in it.
    have you seen a necromancer that doesn't use shadow damage? i haven't.

I've never seen a necromancer. and I don't think I've been playing any game where necromancers use shadowmagic. they don't even do it in diablo2

Quote Originally Posted by tatienne
    I've never seen a necromancer. and I don't think I've been playing any game where necromancers use shadowmagic. they don't even do it in diablo2
    blizzard is the creator of diablo 2, am right? that probably explains it, go play guild wars, the necromancers there use shadow damage, and every movie i've seen with a necromancer they're using shadow damage.

All Necromancers can be considered practitioners of dark magic. Not all practitioners of dark magic are Necromancers. For example: Warlocks, Priests and Death Knights all practice dark magics, but only Death Knights are Necromancers.

The defining characteristic of a Necromancer is not 'shadow damage' it's the manipulation of the dead. Shadow Priests and Warlocks do not raise and manipulate the dead. Soul Stones and Resurrection are saving someone from death by either providing a phylactery (stone), or by divine intervention. Neither are Necromantic practices. On the other hand Death Knights can raise the dead to fight under their command as ghouls. The practice of 'shadow' magic is for defensive purposes and would be the most familiar to someone already dabbling in a 'dark' art.

I would recommend getting yourself a four dollar cd key of diablo 2. They nerfed the zookeeper spec necromancer a little but it's still the most authentic class of that flavor you will ever find. You turn into a vampiric ghoul with the Tran-oul set, casting fireballs and meteor, summon 30 or more minions. Enjoy it on Tuesdays :']

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Zookeeper was always worse than Fishymancer anyway. :P

Quote Originally Posted by muto
    blizzard is the creator of diablo 2, am right? that probably explains it, go play guild wars, the necromancers there use shadow damage, and every movie i've seen with a necromancer they're using shadow damage.
    and then go read up on some old Vampire: the masquerade. the Giovanni clan. no shadow there (the laSombra on the other hand...)

dark magic most often has nothing to do with shadows or the absence of light but instead refer to what people long ago considered evil. although the wielding of dark magic is not evil by itself, since it could potentially be done to do good, the magic itself is considered evil.

lagmancer was the best pvpspec there was. you didn't even have to tag yourself for pvp for it to kill people in the cow level.