Anyone else bothered with this

With the ease of getting 226, 232, 245 and 264 epics blacksmithing has very little value for anything but making belt buckles unless your a 25man raider, its the only way besides ICC patterens which no one is going to get made that isnt a 25man ICC raider and there guild mates will make it anyway. Me being a 10m raider am stuck with the titansteel stuff. I spent alot of time and gold on my profession to see it devalued to can you make me a belt buckle for a 5g tip. I do have a problem with this, a big problem as a matter of fact they have devalued armor crafting professions to be pointless unless you raid 25m content. It wasn't so bad when the best you could get was from heroics or emblems of heroism. I made a titansteel helm and kept i on AH for 3 weeks then tried on trade chat best off i got on trade was 100g which we know the titian steel bar is worth more. This is getting stupid very stupid, and if Blizzard reads this forum I would love to know why you are continuing to screw over crafting professions of those that don't raid 25man content, I would love an anwser to this from Blizzard if you read this.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Anyone else bothered with this

I'm sorry, but profession require a lot of time and golds to always get as much stuff as you can. If you can't bother to do ICC 25/10 to get new patterns, don't even bother doing any crafting profession. Instead, go and take a gathering profession.

And btw, if you're still stuck with titansteel stuff you really need to raid since you got a lot of upgrades in easy raids out here.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

I've not once seen a Blizzard employee post here. Try the official website. Good luck.

Not bothered by it at all. I was the 2nd person on my server ally side to be able to make the BSing tank boots, and have gotten up to 500g tips for doing so. You don't need to be a 25 man raider to get a primordial saronite and rep to buy a pattern from ICC.
    Quote Originally Posted by shags
    you cant parry spells but you can dodge them ...

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2
    I'm sorry, but profession require a lot of time and golds to always get as much stuff as you can. If you can't bother to do ICC 25/10 to get new patterns, don't even bother doing any crafting profession. Instead, go and take a gathering profession.

And btw, if you're still stuck with titansteel stuff you really need to raid since you got a lot of upgrades in easy raids out here.
    He meant that he is only crafting titansteel stuff. Which can be profitable depending on your server.

Leatherworkers, Tailors, and Smithies don't have that much to sell if you don't have the new patterns, just leg armor/buckles.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Ive got one ICC pattern but there not in demand on my server for crafting the 25man guilds arent selling there primordial yet and others arnt spending there frost for them so there is no market. Uldar and ToC plans only come from 25man content. As for ICC im in ICC we clear the first wing weekly and have downed fester and are working on rotface now. It just annoy's me that because there isnt any 25man guilds recruiting on my server and pugs on my server cant clear nax 25 there is no way for me to make real money this way. If I was just running heroics I wouldnt be upset but I ron ToC and ICC weekly same as the 25man guys except I don't get anything except an achivement for it.

From a Tailors point of view, which might not be exactly what you want but see if its of any help anyway.
    My experience with the tailoring patterns might have some relevance.
    The patterns prior to ICC are Bind on Use, so you do not need to raid 10 man, nor 25 man to get them. I would just look around to see what the typical fee would be to craft those, and compare that to the appparant demand and how much the plans would cost to obtain to judge if its worthwhile or not.
    For the ICC patterns, then you can join regular rep-runs in 10 man prior to an organised raid, if one at all to gain sufficient reputation for the patterns, if you are willing then drop 1 per design you want then do your research and find out where the demand will be.
    Try the TotC plans depending on cost/demand since due to emblem farming there should be sufficient orbs, and hence demand for those for people working towards ICC level gear. Even the ulduar plans have some use since they will be pretty cheap comparatively mats wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

yea toc pattern gear sells for 6k plus problem is there never for sale either ive checked, not for the blacksmith plans. Im only one of 2 that does pillars of might on the ally side on my server but demand is low

Imo hold on to your profession, it may suck now but when they release cata BSing, LWing etc. are all getting majorly re-worked so you can actually modify gear to work better for your class/spec. You'll be able to change the stats of gear and will bring in mass tips for that demand alone.

doing a couple rep farm runs sure is hard work bro. seriously, if you're gonna whine about accessiblity, atleast work for it... atleast the icc recipees aren't drops, they're really easy to get.

ive got one ICC recpice im revered because im running ICC10 weekly. The issue is demand for that stuff is very low on my server ally side. its a 9:1 ratio horde to alliance for starters so primoridal saronite isnt filling the AH. And most dont want to sell frost for it, meaning why I can make the Pillars of Might demand is non existant as of right now. Thats the issue.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

You mean like every other profession?

Tailors, same as BS.
    Leatherworker, same as BS.
    Enchanter, DE option in randoms.
    Inscription, im sure dual spec made a huge impact on the need for glyphs.

(This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

pfft qq more at least u have a proff where u can make gold, i still hate myself for going eng ><

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth
    You mean like every other profession?

Tailors, same as BS.
    Leatherworker, same as BS.
    Enchanter, DE option in randoms.
    Inscription, im sure dual spec made a huge impact on the need for glyphs.

yes and i dissapprove of what Blizzard did to every profession. I remember for my hunter getting some crafted peices from the AH when i hit 70 back in TBC so I could gear for heroics, I don't remember them handing out the top teir of gear of nothing, and I remember people besides JC made money. And Enchanting still makes alot of money. I just had to pay 200g to get my new tanking axe chanted with bladeward.

Unfortunately, Blacksmithing is once of the most expensive Proffesions to level, and the only real way to make money with it, is to risk your own gold getting the materials.

Sorry to say, that to make gold with this profession, is to spend more gold on it making iLvl 245, and 264 gear.

Here is a Blacksmithing guide, with a video, explaining how to make gold, with Blacksmithing.

Thanks Tarou for your guides.

Hope I've helped.

-Sonk

"You know that woman in Ironforge, In the King's room. Is she still requesting an audience? Or does she live there?"