Entirely and utterly new to arenas...

So having wanted to get into Arena for a while, me and my DK friend finally sorted our specs out enough to play a couple of skirmishes tonight with the little pvp gear we have.
    We promptly got our asses handed to us, repeatedly, for around an hour. Having had about 20 skirmishes in that time.
    I'm all for training up through practice but when a fight lasts less than a minute before we're both lying dead we don't really gain a great amount of experience from it.

So.. er.. Any ideas?

I'm a muti Rogue btw, and I have a fair amount of experience in BG's and duelling, at least to a point where I can win 75% of the duels I'm in and get a decent amount of honour in BG's but it just seems like skills from either of those just don't apply in Arena, you just get popped too fast.

So I'm asking. Help!?

Re: Entirely and utterly new to arenas...

Since you are running double dps you cant expect Long games.

Go 5/51/15 (killing spree pvp)

Get the dk to go unholy, pop gargoyle, and try and gib someone in under 5 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Leipäkone
    Since you are running double dps you cant expect Long games.
    Tis not so much expecting long games as much as its not even getting a chance to act properly before we're dead. Just feels like we aren't or won't learn anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Orgasmilk
    Go 5/51/15 (killing spree pvp)
    Combat is inadvisable for PvP, MuT is currently the best for it, specifically spec 44/2/25 for poisons seeing as it was buffed.

I suggest running either a mage or Disc Priest for 2s rather than a DK. The Disc is best played if your starting out and they can also help on damage. Only counter to it really is Resto Druid/ Aff. Lock.