Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Out of the 4 pure DPS classes

To a hunter there's only 1 thing to say.

Less QQ, more Pewpew.

Quote Originally Posted by fapjackmasta
    we have a teleport... ever heard of disengage?
    hunters would suck in pvp without that
    Congrats, you disengaged, the warrior just charged you. Now what do you do?
    The rogue sprints towards you and slows you
    The pally just repentance you and freedoms through slows
    The DK just grips you back and chains you

So many things always go wrong

Quote Originally Posted by BFGOMFG

Yeah but there are some things you just cant out-play.
    For example, In 2s today we had the match won, all the rogue had to do was blind me and the tides turned from far in the lead to a complete loss.
    If you and your partner were both up, this is the rogue outplaying you. If you were both up but very low on health, they did their job to get you low enough to be finished. If it was just you and the rogue left, you didn't have the game won. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Triston
    If you and your partner were both up, this is the rogue outplaying you. If you were both up but very low on health, they did their job to get you low enough to be finished. If it was just you and the rogue left, you didn't have the game won. Sorry.
    I'm sorry but out-play and out-class are two different things.
    And me and my partner were both up when this happened

Hunters are the only NOT OP in PvP.
    Sure they hit hard, but thats all they do.

The other 3 do that, then on top of that have insane CC capabilities.

QQ rant rage

Hmm well consider other classes can have more than one viable PvP spec I'd say I'm okay with that, sorry hunters =(.

to all you people (read: whiners) complaining about rogues. STFU, do you understand how hard it is to play one, its not like its any different if you fuck up once, against a good player you will probably lose, thats just how arena works and thats how 1v1 pvp works. its what makes the game fun, i have been killed by hunters inside of 15 seconds, and locks have feared me around all day, mages are impossible to kill if you mess up a cooldown or dont have any if they are far away. Every class is difficult to play, so stop QQing about it on a forum that blizz doesn't read.

I'm sorry but out-play and out-class are two different things.
    And me and my partner were both up when this happened
    So he blinded you and started to kill your partner. Neither of you had a trinket to use? Neither of you had a defensive CD to pop? Did you keep a mark on the rogue to prevent stealthing? What you're saying is that he took your partner from full to 0% in one blind duration and then took you out? You're making excuse after excuse. If rogues were so good that they could 1v2 people all the time then why aren't there gladiator triple rogue teams? Why isn't every top 2s team rogue/rogue? What you're saying is that a rogue cleverly used his abilities to take out 2 players while his partner was dead and you clearly had the man/health advantage. Again, sounds to me like you got outplayed.

Someone whining about his class being underpowered. What a surprise.

I love it when people qq about rogues even though when we get caught out of stealth, we are almost instantly three shot, even with high res. And what's this business about "oh they just vanish, re-cs, vanish re-cs" we can only do that 2 times in the course a battle, assuming we pop prep. And when we do vanish, half the time it bugs out and we're instantly roflstomped. If you complain about CCs, learn to trinket at the right moment, i.e) don't trinket on cheap shot, trinket on kidney shot. We are meant to come at you from behind and stunlock you...it's the main mechanic of the PVP rogue. It's what the class is. I guarantee you more than half of the rogues you break stunlock on will shit themselves and not know what to do.

"Oh, yeah, what are you gonna do? Release the dogs? Or the bees? Or the dogs with bees in their mouth and when they bark, they shoot bees at you?"

Realize there's counters for your class so you can't just stand back and two shot everyone? Cry less and play more. Maybe then you'll learn how to use your class and quit bitching.

Also, pallys are retarded no matter what. Go roll one and see for yourself the pathetic joke they really are to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfeet
    I love it when people qq about rogues even though when we get caught out of stealth, we are almost instantly three shot, even with high res. And what's this business about "oh they just vanish, re-cs, vanish re-cs" we can only do that 2 times in the course a battle, assuming we pop prep. And when we do vanish, half the time it bugs out and we're instantly roflstomped. If you complain about CCs, learn to trinket at the right moment, i.e) don't trinket on cheap shot, trinket on kidney shot. We are meant to come at you from behind and stunlock you...it's the main mechanic of the PVP rogue. It's what the class is. I guarantee you more than half of the rogues you break stunlock on will shit themselves and not know what to do.
    Blind?

Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx
    Realize there's counters for your class so you can't just stand back and two shot everyone? Cry less and play more. Maybe then you'll learn how to use your class and quit bitching.

Also, pallys are retarded no matter what. Go roll one and see for yourself the pathetic joke they really are to play.
    Healing is 1-3 buttons and Ret/tanking is facerollling we all know this lol

Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx

Every class is easy to play. This game isn't hard. It's mastering the class, knowing the ins and outs of it, and adapting to any given situation that is the challenging part. This has nothing to do with what class you are. Any class, any spec, there will be great players and there will be awful players. Making rediculous blanket statements about one class you don't like isn't getting anyone anywhere. Paladins are no easier than mut rogues, arcane mages, blood DKs, resto druids, etc.

Repeat: ALL CLASSES ARE EASY. THIS GAME IS EASY. IT'S KNOWING WHAT TO DO AND WHEN THAT DIFFERENTIATES PLAYERS.

Good day. And good night. I'm tired. Have fun with the rest of this thread people.

If they forced you to disengage before they pop their stuff, you've got outplayed.
    If you forced them to pop their stuff before you disengage, you outplayed them.

See the PVP formula?

You alone may not be able to force an opponent to throw their big wild cards, but you can if you realized your partners are also one of your biggest wild cards. This is a bit unfortunate for hunters as a pure, but remember, your also one of the two only pures and the only ranged dps that sports an 50% ms debuff.

Pretty sure beastcleave and phd do really well in top end arena.

Hunter damage is retarded on cloth good on mail and leather but is pretty lacking on plate as you cannot really stack arp in arena play.

Playing with a pallie really helps you kite as well as a shaman or dk helping slow anyone going on you, this is why you play arena with partners.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjenk
    Playing with a pallie really helps you kite as well as a shaman or dk helping slow anyone going on you, this is why you play arena with partners.
    And this is really the jist of the reality of PVP. People may wish it were different, but it's not and it's never going to be.

PVP isn't balanced around 1v1 and it's not even balanced around 2v2 anymore. Why? Because with "groups" that small battles are often won or lost before they're played. One on one, there are certain classes for whatever class or spec you are that, with similar gear and skill, will beat you. Hell, there are probably some classes who can beat you with less gear and skill too.

Similar with 2v2. There's more variables so it's slightly harder to come across the groupings that hard-counter you, but it still happens. Quite a lot. But in every other situation it's about how you and your partner play together.

You use deterrence and a rogue sprints toward you? Well of course he does. Concussive shot, get some help from your partner, and realize that you have a rogue out of stealth and he has to waste seconds to get back on you. Against a rogue, that's no small advantage. The warrior charged you? Yup, sucks. Hopefully your partner has a counter. Same with the DK and pally, both of whom can be countered by a dispeller as well as just about any other class with a CC. (Oh, you're hand of freedom'd Mister Pally? Lot's of good that's going to do you while you sit in a cyclone, run around feared or wander as a sheep or frog. Or if it gets dispelled or stolen.)

If you never have a counter for any of these situations then it probably means you're trying to play an entire team that is a poor comp. That's fine, particularly if you want to play with a friend or something, but realize that not every comp is going to be viable. Nor is it meant to be, especially in those small pairings.

You deal metric crap-tons of damage from the biggest range in the game. Lots of classes would kill for it. That's your advantage. Getting up in your face is your weakness. That's just how it is.

Deleted

It's funny how 90% of MMO-champions hunters still think that disengage is the only way of kiting melee : no wonder you are such scrubs.

Warrior charges-> wingclip disengage. Intersepct-> wingclip / pinn, lay down trap, use masters call, run away. Enjoy kiting and blowing shit up, and that wasn't even nearly all you can do.

http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/playe...l/all/all/all/

That's top 100. Hunters are second most reperesented pure. What were you saying again? Hunters damage is way over the top. So is other classes too, but everything hunter does is instant and comes from range. Buffing steadyshot and nerfing instants would be PERFECT way to fix hunters, but for some reason blizzard doesn't want to do that.

Reason warlocks are so high is resilience-change atm, but once people hit icc hardmodegear + s8 gear, warlocks will drop again. Hunters, however, will not.

PS. whining how overpowered rogues are just makes you seem very, very bad PvPer without any experience over 1.7k.

Quote Originally Posted by Triston
    So he blinded you and started to kill your partner. Neither of you had a trinket to use? Neither of you had a defensive CD to pop? Did you keep a mark on the rogue to prevent stealthing? What you're saying is that he took your partner from full to 0% in one blind duration and then took you out? You're making excuse after excuse. If rogues were so good that they could 1v2 people all the time then why aren't there gladiator triple rogue teams? Why isn't every top 2s team rogue/rogue? What you're saying is that a rogue cleverly used his abilities to take out 2 players while his partner was dead and you clearly had the man/health advantage. Again, sounds to me like you got outplayed.
    Yes, we were in the end of the match, the rogue was at 10%. In one blind, he took my partner (full relent and some wrath) to 0 in that blind. We had already used out CDs and trinkets and there was literally nothing we could do. And we were both halfish HP.
    Have you ever noticed how a rogue never seems to run out of CD? Vanish after vanish, stun after stun. For the entire duration of the fight they are at peak performance. That isn't the case with any other class

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfeet
    Well obviously trinket kidney, but that doesnt help when you are perma slowed. Sure disengage and masters call. But the rogue just sprints right back and slows/stuns you again. Ive never seen a vanish not work in arena. And rogues in PvP wont shit themselves because they have no need to worry with the OP disc behind them

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ZzXK
    WARLOCK PERSPECTIVE:
    Fuck huntards... fucking 3GCDs and you are dead with SL and fucking demon armor up

I just started playing a hunter recently, honestly, warlock pets are fail. scatter you and your pet dies, resummon, scatter pet dies, kill you. I hardly ever target you until soul link is down. Then yea about 3 globals :