Thread: Toravon nerfed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Toravon nerfed.

Amazing how many who "pugged" this flawlessly without anyone doing anything wrong whatsoever. I pugged it, and the ranged, melee and healers messed it up time and time over, ranged continued attacking boss, healers didn't bother moving, melee didn't bother moving. VoA is set off to two hours each week for me anyways, so I'll embrace this nerf and hope I don't have to use more time on VoA than that ... I mean, do you SERIOUSLY expect a challenge in VoA? Didn't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Narveid
    I mean, do you SERIOUSLY expect a challenge in VoA? Didn't think so.
    From a boss that drops the highest tier gear of a whole expansion?

Yes.

I mean, do you SERIOUSLY expect a challenge in VoA? Didn't think so.
    Archavon and Emalon were adequately hard for the gear people were sporting when they came out. I'd expect something in these lines.

Toravon is a joke.
    Ardoric Sollis Ardodeath. Proud pet collector

Ardoric <Undergeared> Raiding in blues 'cause gear is overrated (8/12 ICC 10 | 3/4 RS 10)

Quote Originally Posted by ardoRic
    You argue that you need gear to compensate stupidity, I argue that you shouldn't take stupid to your raids.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Thatwsntmilk
    From a boss that drops the highest tier gear of a whole expansion?

Yes.
    Really, you can get 25-man heroic level gear from VoA?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Since you need to control WG in order to get inside I see no point of making it harder. Heck alliance on Mag EU have had WG around ~100 times since WotLK released so for their sake, it's nice that it's easy.

Toravon takes a small amount of coordination though. Koralon could be muscled through with enough dps and competent healers, Toravon can't. Meaning, if your ranged are smart, he is a joke, if they are fucktards, its hard. There is no inbetween. With the nerf, he should be doable without worrying about idiots...

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikeforums
    Most pvpers are better than most pvers because they actually have to have some sort of an awareness in arena, not bgs or duels

JUST SAYING

- On a side note I mean > Good < people at arena and Sellest istehrite
    We had an engaging debate in guild chat about PvE'ers Vs. PvP'ers.

We came to the conclusion that:

PvP'ers don't have the time to sit in front of the PC raiding... oh wait
    PvP'ers assume if they could be bothered, they could one-shot all hardmodes
    PvP'ers state that WoW PvP is in no way governed by things like cookie cutter team setups, cookie cutter specs and that each and every arena match is a unique experience

Yes, we were winding up the arena whores in guild, and yes - as always - they took the bait and QQ'ed that PvE fails hard...

Archavon and Emalon were adequately hard for the gear people were sporting when they came out. I'd expect something in these lines.

Toravon is a joke.
    Tbh, Toravon is a joke ... for geared people, but for people in I-lvl 232 or less, who lacks the brain capacity to move, or change target to orbs ... he is just as hard as Emalon and Koralon was when they came out, they still manage to mess it up.

Ps, Archavon was never hard.

10+ Year Old Account

IDD. Bring back Emalon the pugkiller in an enhanced and unnerfed version!

Ps, Archavon was never hard.
    It was hard when people were in blues. I saw him hit the enrage timer a good couple of times before we got him down the first times (on pugs!)

I didn't mean he has hard mechanics.

Ardoric <Undergeared> Raiding in blues 'cause gear is overrated (8/12 ICC 10 | 3/4 RS 10)

You argue that you need gear to compensate stupidity, I argue that you shouldn't take stupid to your raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Faustus
    PvP'ers don't have the time to sit in front of the PC raiding... oh wait
    PvP'ers assume if they could be bothered, they could one-shot all hardmodes
    PvP'ers state that WoW PvP is in no way governed by things like cookie cutter team setups, cookie cutter specs and that each and every arena match is a unique experience
    quoted for awesomeness ;D

15+ Year Old Account

Actually they should remove all bosses vom VoA and put a loot-box there directly, since for most PUGs it's already an achievementgetting all 10/25 members into the instance before 1k starts again. Dunno where the point in nerfing Tora is, since we one shotted it without even knowing what is going to happen
    R.A.I.D - Resto at its destiny

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood888
    Toravon takes a small amount of coordination though. Koralon could be muscled through with enough dps and competent healers, Toravon can't. Meaning, if your ranged are smart, he is a joke, if they are fucktards, its hard. There is no inbetween. With the nerf, he should be doable without worrying about idiots...
    Lol, you serious? The fight is even easier than Koralon because your dps doesnt have to move. He was streamrolled.

20 manned him the first day he was released. without even knowing what the fuck to do.
    wiped once though.

don't see any point in nerfing him. he is already easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikeforums
    Most pvpers are better than most pvers because they actually have to have some sort of an awareness in arena, not bgs or duels

JUST SAYING

- On a side note I mean > Good < people at arena and Sellest istehrite
    In our battlegroup people will literally leave a heroic if we get a random with more than two people from Mal'Ganis in it because we know they'll be doing 1K dps and trying their best to wipe the group in their shitty PvP gear and spec.

There are people who are good at PvE. There are people who are good at PvP(because they rolled the flavor of the month class and used a cookie cutter spec, since that's all PvP is in WoW). There are people who are good at PvE who are also good at PvP(because they happen to PvE as the flavor of the month PvP class and have a cookie cutter PvP off spec). But I've yet to meet this mystical hardcore PvPer who didn't fail at every aspect of the PvE game, which is much more complex than PvP despite what the hardcore PvPers will have you believe.

PvPing in Arenas is a lot like the Opera event in Kharazan. Sure, there's that split second before it starts up where you have a moment to decide how you're going to approach it based on what boss/group you get which isn't present when fighting Saurfang for the 24892042809482902th time, but once that second is over that Resto Druid/Arms Warrior/Ret Paladin(JUST USING THREE RANDOM CLASS AND SPECS. I DON'T CARE IF THAT'S A SHITTY ARENA GROUP) team you're about to fight is going to attack you in the same cookie cutter fashion that the last Resto Druid/Arms Warrior/Ret Paladin team did, and you're going to counter them in the same cookie cutter fashion that the last team they faced did.

I always thought the hard part about vault was winning the loot you wanted on your main over someone's 5th alt, not the bosses themselves!

he is relly hard, when we went there i nearly died as we didet know any of his abilitys but after 8 stacks the other tank tryed to taunt him and we won.. but man that was hard i had to use my shield wall! i mean wtf, i dont like to use a 4 mins cooldown!

Yea its loot fight now boss fight people need to get it right... i lost loot fight wrathful gloves to holy pala.

Deleted

It was the first week of his release.

Technically thats designed to be the hardest week of a boss encounter because nobody has ever attempted it before, by the second week a lot more people have attempted the boss and it becomes a lot easier. By nerfing the boss based on experiances in the first week (at his hardest point, which isn't hard in the first place) then he will only continue to get easier as the weeks go by and people fully refine killing the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Davantius
    fully refine killing the boss.
    What's there to refine?

Tanks taunt when debuff clears (or they feel like it), healers heal the AoE damage going on aswell as the tanks, Melee stay on boss, Ranged kill orbs that spawn ASAP.

No refinement required.