Thread: Toravon nerfed.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Toravon nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash
    It's a well-established fact that whether or not a pug will be successful/pleasant is predictable based on raid chat alone.

Goodraidleader: "anyone need to know anything aboot this fight?"
    Smartpug: "yeah what do i kill, the boss or the adds?"
    Goodraidleder: "boss unless orbs are up"
    Smartpug: "k"

---------BUT IN THE REAL WORLD------------

Badraidleader: "OKAY I MADE SURE YOU ALL HAD OVER 5500 GEARSCORE"
    Smartass: "YOUR GEARSCORE IS 5300"
    Badraidleader: "THIS IS MY ALT YOU NOOB"
    Knowitall: "WHATEVER THIS BOSS IS SO EASY LETS JUST DO IT"
    Thatonedudeallpaladinshate: "MIGHT ME PLZ"
    Lolret: "YOU HAVE B SHOUT"
    Impatientguy: "WTF LETS JUST PULL"
    Lazyjackassindalaranwhiletheportalisup: "SUMMON ME"
    Badwarlock: "I'M OUT OF SHARDS, GO TO THE STONE"
    Tokenhuntard: "YOU BETTER NOT NEED THE WRATHFUL GLOVES"
    Twelvehundredrating: "WTF YOU DON'T PVP TOKEN THEY ARE MINE"
    Dktankthatdwsquicktankingweapons: "FUCK WHO PULLED"
    Randomjumper: "MY BAD"
    Badraidleader: "WTF YOU NOOBS"
    Afkhealer: "SORRY BABY AGGRO"
    Deadtank: "AMG I DIED YOU HEALERS SUCK"
    Badraidleader: "OKAY WE WIPED WHATEVER, I'M GOING TO DAL TO ASK FOR MORE PEOPLE"
    Knowitall: "MAKE SURE THEY HAVE MORE GEARSCORE"
    Haha lol this made my day, thanks a lot :-)
    My twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/durbem I stream my guild's mythic raids, but I'm also streaming other games from time to time.

voa is not serious business, who cares.

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Piscesthepally
    voa is not serious business, who cares.
    The encounter may not be serious business, but the loot is. Free loot anyone? They're basically letting Toravon drop dead for QQ'ing tards that found it hard upon first week of release.

Quote Originally Posted by Zophiel
    I've seen more PVP'ers one shot raid bosses in PVP gear and specs because of their general knowledge of how to work together and environmental awareness than most PVE's who think that Gearscore makes them better. Of course I think it's funny that the attitude I get from your statement means that you actually think a scripted fight against 1 NPC is hard to people who spend most of their time in WOW against unpredictable players with the ability to reason and capabilities to counteract. Seems your just a bit TOO bitter about something PVP related. You one of those guys that sits in WG or runs around in a BG in PVE gear hoping to have somebody tank a player so you can beat on him?
    And I saw a Frost Mage in full relentless who was way under hit cap not dpsing adds like we told him to last night, I didn't check recount but I imagine he was doing utter rubbish dps since I never saw his water ele, but clearly his 2200 last season means he was an exceptionally pro player eh?

If anyone is bitter here it's you, I've seen lots of arena heroes claim their skillz will allow them to one shot any hardmode, never seen one even claim to have actually done it, yet I know I've seen way too many idiots in dungeon/weekly raid pugs with 1800 weapons. I've never seen a single player in any of my guilds who have tried arena say it was "oh so hard" and I know several players who earned titles. I can actually understand why you are bitter if you think arena is supposed to be a serious part of this game, what I can't understand is how you think arena is supposed to be a serious part of this game, 2v2, 3v3, 5v5 play in an MMORPG? Seriously what is massively multiplayer about 5v5? How do your little round rooms fit into the warcraft lore and the progressive story of an RPG? BGs should be the real PvP in this game, it's too bad its going to take until 4.X for them to find a good way to reward it.

We still managed to kill Toravon even though less than half of our ranged were bright enough to switch to adds, like we told them too. Toravon didn't need nerfs yet, but I saw it coming, every other VoA boss has been nerfed afterall.

Edit: I actually do think there are more bad PvE players, just because it is significantly easier to be carried in PvE play than in arena. Claiming that most arena players are good, or that most arena players aren't just using cookie cutter comps and strats is laughable though. Blizzard has actually shown us several PvE bosses that are so hard even 1% of players can't beat them, even in Wrath (think no light before nerfs), arena works off a simple statistical system all you have to do is rise above mediocrity to be rewarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic
    The encounter may not be serious business, but the loot is. Free loot anyone? They're basically letting Toravon drop dead for QQ'ing tards that found it hard upon first week of release.
    OH NOES 264 LEWT.
    Who cares.
    The game isnt about gear anymore.
    Its about defeating encounters.
    And if you're so self absorbed in your epics, then perhaps you should find a different game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fornaw
    I've seen lots of arena heroes claim their skillz will allow them to one shot any hardmode, never seen one even claim to have actually done it, yet I know I've seen way too many idiots in dungeon/weekly raid pugs with 1800 weapons.
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Duulis
    VoA is supposed to be free epics.
    where is this written? i mean it is a t10 boss, and as posted above this fight is too easy, IMO its one of the easiest ones if not the easiest one in there.

i mean lets leave atleast some challenge in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sellest
    Do you want to do something challenging? Go try hardmodes. VoA is supposed to be easy and it is easy. No need to do stupid QQ topics about it.
    supposed to be easy or basically you want handouts? i mean c'mon any raid i dont care what the ilevel is should be somewhat challenging and not "easy" as you so put it.

HM are there to keep hardcore raiders busy after they finish off these latest so called raids.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Revitalize
    OH NOES 264 LEWT.
    Who cares.
    The game isnt about gear anymore.
    Its about defeating encounters.
    And if you're so self absorbed in your epics, then perhaps you should find a different game.
    What I'm saying is, loot like that shouldn't be going to players who are in blues for god sakes.. I was in a group last week for Tora, I had to tell the leader which player wasn't cutting it in dps and gear, to get them removed, they should step up their game before thinking of getting carried.

seriusly?nerfed?that "boss" is nerfed?.........you MUST be joking Blizzard!Why dont you give us free epic items 232i lvl+ for FREE each time we finish a random hc hmm???also give us frost emblems not for once a day but each time we do randoms!ffs!now you nerf one of the MOST easiest bosses that drops even t10????FFS!
    Mal'Ganis is DEAD!Deal with it!

Quote Originally Posted by shadow
    Off topic from the rest of your post, but I generally find that people from Mal'Ganis are the top performers in my random heroics...
    I thought it was just me until someone made a post on our realm forums about it and got six pages of replies. Then someone made a post in our battlegroup forums and got like 10 pages of replies.(Though a lot of them were obviously Mal'Ganis players defending themselves).

Obviously there's guild tags to look for. Goon Squad, off the top of my head, usually means you're getting some quality DPS or tanks or heals and there's a couple of others that I can't think of right now since I haven't done a random without a full guild group in like three weeks, but for the most part they're pretty terrible.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Roxix
    I oneshotted it, the day it came out, on 10 and 25... Wtf Blizzard? Give them 251s/264s some worth eh?
    You're lucky. I myself had no trouble in 10-man on my server pugging it, cause the size is small enuff that the dps who wasn't doing its job got replaced. On 25 man tho, its impossible to pug on my server. Every single ranged dps prefers personal DPS chart score over downing a boss. They'll take 250g repair bills, over downing a boss, just to out dps the others in the raid... Hopefully now I'll be able to down Toravon 25...

Quote Originally Posted by shadow
    somebody bought the gloves and legs first. tisk tisk
    this..