Enhance 4 set question/opinions.

So I've recently gotten my 4 piece t10, dropping my t9.5 gloves/chest for the t10 pieces. Now I've noticed a slight DPS decrease when self buffed on dummies, due to the ridiculous amount of expertise gems required to hit exp cap thanks to blizzard removing all exp from t10.. I use to be pulling about 6-6.1k on dummies self buffed, around 9.2k on festergut in 25's. Now I've been seeing 5.8-5.9k on dummies. But I haven't tried 4 piece in one of my raids yet, and seeing how the proc is 20% of your AP that would scale a lot in a raid. So my question is for others of you using 4piece how is it working out? Are you seeing better results in a raid environment with it?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=M%C3%B8ist my armory btw, if there were any questions..

I'm just wondering about YOUR own opinions/experiances please don't go and tell me to sim it, because its nearly never the perfect environment during gameplay like it is in a sim.

Re: Enhance 4 set question/opinions.

how many times did you test to get those readings? because shaman dps for enhancement is incredibly RNG, specially now you have 4 set t10 as well, that includes another RNG proc into the bargain, which means more than one test or one incredibly long test would need to be performed.

cos you Hit with Melee weapon, youve got RNG for WF, RNG for if you get a Maelstrom, RNG for a crit, RNG for WF Critting if it procs, RNG for more Maelstrom Charges on the WF attacks, now you're adding RNG for set bonus when 5 stacks occurs etc etc.

the list goes on, but if you tested for a long amount of time to even it out or over a large damage amount, then that's fair enough.

Just from looking at the bonuses though i would imagine that it's definitely going to scale really well in a raid, i would think its going to give more dps than the t10 2 set bonus even though you have to use expertise gems.

have ya tried simming it? that would give you a more accurate reading.
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

I've sat at dummies for a while, and I've tried simming it, but honeslty.. sims never give the "TRUE" numbers, there will always be lag, some movement and etc in a raid. I guess I will just have to wait till tomorrows raid and really see how much the 4 set effects DPS.

well, its quite nice to just see the sim numbers to get a fair idea, but yeah i suppose the only way youre going to find out is in a raid, most likely on Saurfang
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Barky
    well, its quite nice to just see the sim numbers to get a fair idea, but yeah i suppose the only way youre going to find out is in a raid, most likely on Saurfang
    Yep yep, I'll post back here tomorrow with results.

Quote Originally Posted by Engage90
    I've sat at dummies for a while, and I've tried simming it, but honeslty.. sims never give the "TRUE" numbers, there will always be lag, some movement and etc in a raid. I guess I will just have to wait till tomorrows raid and really see how much the 4 set effects DPS.
    The sim can give almost perfect numbers if you set it up correctly. The options are there for entering a lag range (latency + reaction time) so that it can account for these things. Obviously, nobody is going to maintain a 100% perfect priority like a simulator would, but it can at least get you very close. As was mentioned already, the 4p T10 adds in yet another RNG type factor to an already RNG class thus varying our dps even more from one test to the next.

Quote Originally Posted by Barawr
    The sim can give almost perfect numbers if you set it up correctly. The options are there for entering a lag range (latency + reaction time) so that it can account for these things. Obviously, nobody is going to maintain a 100% perfect priority like a simulator would, but it can at least get you very close. As was mentioned already, the 4p T10 adds in yet another RNG type factor to an already RNG class thus varying our dps even more from one test to the next.
    This. Latency is never an excuse unless it is abnormally high. The sim accounts for it.

OT: I've been seeing decent uptime (32-37%) on single target fights. It can be a pain on some, like when it procs right as Sindragosa takes off, or Putricide casts tear gas, but that doesn't happen all that often.

if you hate having so many exp gems just use all 3 of your jc gems to reach cap, that and orc exp is just enough to cap. frees up more sockets for more specific itemisation.

Dummies are not accurate unless you sit their for 10 hours and compensate all your parses to deal with latency and basic player error.

Regardless of how well or flawless you think you do your rotation player error exists in all facets of the game, regardless of how 'pro' you think you are...9.5k - 11.5k is my normal on saurfang/fester on my enhance, the 4pc t10 is amazing, it's not base AP it's current AP, if you get it up during a UR, trinket, wolf, lust, pot..you easily break 13k dps burst..amazing proc really, just bad that it's RNG.

All in all much better then t9/t9.5

Just to reitterate what he said earlier, sim is 99% accurate..dummie is about 9% accurate.

ITT: The op somehow thinks attacking a dummy will be more accurate than running the simulator because real fights are never the perfect environment in the simulator. :
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

Quote Originally Posted by Fornaw
    ITT: The op somehow thinks attacking a dummy will be more accurate than running the simulator because real fights are never the perfect environment in the simulator. :
    Never said that, thanks for trolling though. Also I have simmed it, read closer next time.