Poll: Is this even worth watching?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Dragonball: Evolution

The sad thing is, its actually pretty good if you watch it after you watch the anime. Any dragonball, dragonball z or Dragonball whatever letter they use now...is pretty bad. Unless you like the "Antagonist appears, threatens to do something terrible, good guy shows up, powers up for 6 episodes, fights for 5 minutes, bad guy powers up again, good guy loses, good guy gains power, good guy wins" formula. I found the dialogue in this to be better then the anime. I mean its a live action movie based on Dragonball, what did you expect?

Same thing with the Street Fighter Chun Li movie. Have you...not experienced the storyline of Street Fighter? LOL.

WillfulHarbringer, you clearly never watched the original dragonball series and neither did the people that worked on this movie, which in itself is a disgrace.

But to add to that they take the most generic plot they can think of (teener in high school has superpowers lol), add in inferior actors and poor dialog.

Quote Originally Posted by WillfulHarbinger
    The sad thing is, its actually pretty good if you watch it after you watch the anime. Any dragonball, dragonball z or Dragonball whatever letter they use now...is pretty bad. Unless you like the "Antagonist appears, threatens to do something terrible, good guy shows up, powers up for 6 episodes, fights for 5 minutes, bad guy powers up again, good guy loses, good guy gains power, good guy wins" formula. I found the dialogue in this to be better then the anime. I mean its a live action movie based on Dragonball, what did you expect?

Same thing with the Street Fighter Chun Li movie. Have you...not experienced the storyline of Street Fighter? LOL.
    tell me...when do you want to die? > ,You are disgracing one of the best mangas ever with your (random swearing words)!!!It seems you have never EVER seen the anime nor read the manga!As the one that make that...that...ABOMINATION!Now...get...out....GET OUT OF HERE!(RAGE MODE :ON)
    Mal'Ganis is DEAD!Deal with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    I saw it on an airplane, where there was no choice and no other entertainment available... it was pretty bad, in a cheesy kids movie kind of way. But then, I never watched Dragonball, so I don't know how badly it was destroyed. :P
    I havent watched it, but when I heard the thousands of anguished screams from my fellow brethern for the first time, I wept blood.

Wept it.
    Armour is no protection against the blessed tools of the righteous

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by WillfulHarbinger

Original Dragonball didn't have the long drawing fights, only Dragonball Z but the studio just recently fixed that with Dragonball Z Kai which trims down the fights. And Akira Toriyama should not be too heartbroken, he already went through this with Dragonball GT

Honestly, compared to the cartoons....the movie was subpar. I enjoyed the movie, but overall, there could have been a lot more added. Unfortunately, having a small budget and bad marketing did not help the movie at all. Of course, even though I love the tv show, it is a difficult task making a movie where its anime and most of the characters are just standing there for 15 mins......
    these modern things we know, getting you off..

Quote Originally Posted by Spankasaurus
    Honestly, compared to the cartoons....the movie was subpar. I enjoyed the movie, but overall, there could have been a lot more added. Unfortunately, having a small budget and bad marketing did not help the movie at all. Of course, even though I love the tv show, it is a difficult task making a movie where its anime and most of the characters are just standing there for 15 mins......
    get the @#$% OUT OF HERE!it seems you havent seen the anime (and NOT CARTOON!thats insulting) and it wasnt like that dramatic (15 mins standing...learn count).and what the heck did you like form this pile o shit?the bad actors?the bad dialogue?the fact that nothing was resembling the manga Dragonball except the names?what you say is an insult to the Akira Toriyama and to the people with propper logic.i hope that you just troll.(not that is a good thing).after that you are gonna say that Edward is a real vampire and Jacob is a real werewolf......once again get....the....HELL...out ...OF HERE!!!!!!! > > > >

User was temp banned for this post.
    Mal'Ganis is DEAD!Deal with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Miltiadhs
    get the @#$% OUT OF HERE!it seems you havent seen the anime (and NOT CARTOON!thats insulting) and it wasnt like that dramatic (15 mins standing...learn count).and what the heck did you like form this pile o shit?the bad actors?the bad dialogue?the fact that nothing was resembling the manga Dragonball except the names?what you say is an insult to the Akira Toriyama and to the people with propper logic.i hope that you just troll.(not that is a good thing).after that you are gonna say that Edward is a real vampire and Jacob is a real werewolf......once again get....the....HELL...out ...OF HERE!!!!!!! > > > >
    ...Im not sure if you are the one trolling :. I said the movie was subpar...which isnt good, but that doesn't mean I cannot get a little enjoyment out of it. I wouldn't go see a second one, or ever even buy the movie. All I did was make a little joke about anime and the cartoons. Dragonball has been one of my all time favorite series, and I agree that they did a bad job of translating to film. OMG, you just talked about twilight. My most fave movie ever!!! :P
    these modern things we know, getting you off..

Quote Originally Posted by Spankasaurus
    No.

Hurr Durr that thur cartoon people stand around for 15 minutes we really cant make a movie out of that hurrr durrr lets just use the names.

No.

They could of had went from the begging of DBZ, with the Sayian saga, Radditz to Goku vs. Vegeta. 2 and a half hours long should totally be enough for that. It wouldnt just be two dude screaming for 30 minutes. The only reason they did that in the anime to begin with is to buy time to make a 30 minute show. If they didnt, the anime would move as fast as the manga and they dont want that. They always want the manga to be way ahead of the anime for some reason, thus why we had loads and loads of filler.

The fights would of had been quick and awesome, just like in Kai/manga. I mean in Kai he had the Spirit Bomb up and ready within two episodes vs. Freeza. Sursly, watch Kai sometime. Be amazed and eat your words in that thur sentence.

And ugh, lets not get into a TWILIGHT discussion in a Dragonball one, I hate that entire damn series anyways.

Armour is no protection against the blessed tools of the righteous

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    I saw it on an airplane, where there was no choice and no other entertainment available... it was pretty bad, in a cheesy kids movie kind of way. But then, I never watched Dragonball, so I don't know how badly it was destroyed. :P
    I also saw it on an airplane, but I was sitting in the plane in Cheyenne, Wyoming for FOUR hours waiting for the weather to clear up in Denver. They absolutely murdered the entire story of dragonball with that movie.

Worst movie I think I have ever seen. Seriously.

10+ Year Old Account

Goku goes to high school. Nuff said.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

It will make your eyes bleed and your brains explode. This movie was so off from the original series i was so mad when i saw it. Its a disgrace to all dragonball fans and should be cast into the sea or wished away with dragonballs.

Wild Warrior uses Shattering Throw..... Its SUPER effective.