What is wrong with my dps???

My current amory is http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...k&cn=Hexaholic

Basically on Festergut I pull around 7.5k to 8k. However on moving fights, Putricide where dps is going back and forth between oozes, or Blood Princes, I'm only in the 5.5k to 6k.

I use the SAA and know my rotation / priorities. I just don't get why I see videos of other Shaman, geared close to me, but they are a good 1k dps heavier than me. I pop my cooldowns, I pop wolves when they're up, SR now that I have my 2p, haste pots on Lust. I just don't know what more I can do, and not sure if it's just time on target that's killing it. Just tired of dps'n my head off, and still being 10th to 12th on the list behind all the hunter, rogs, dks, mages, locks, pretty much everone.

Re: What is wrong with my dps???

Doesn't sound horrible but it could be better.

Looks like you can make some tweeks to your talents that will improve your dps.

You have 2/2 improved stormstrike, drop these points and put them into improved shields. Hitting shamanistic rage on every cd, you shouldnt have any mana issues in a raid that would warrent 2/2 improved stormstrike.
    You have 1/5 toughness. The xtra health is nice since it gives a little more survivability, but you're not maximizing your dps with this. Put that point into improved shields.
    You have 3/5 ancestral knowledge. Go 2/5 and put the point into Elemental Fury.

Its most likely not an issue with your gear or spec, but your playstyle and spell priority on the move.

Do you keyboard turn?
    Do you have all your abilities close to your movement keys?
    Do you know your spell rotation priority when things have reset?

Do you have a logfile we can look at?

I think if you only do 7,5-8k on festergut in your gear thats really not close what you need to do. You have to check your talents and sockets i think, and yes turn with mous instead keyboard, and on PP drop magama on the boss, before u swich to the ozoe, also make sure u refresh your flame shock on it.
    Go to Enh. Shamy FAQ Levva helps a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mpidis
    Roll Resto.
    That would definitely fix his DPS.

10+ Year Old Account

When looking at your glyphs, you haven't glyphed for FS? from what i understand , that is a dps increase seein as we use FS a lot now.

If anyone has any evidence to the contrary, please post as i would like to get the best out of my shaman too
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally
    When looking at your glyphs, you haven't glyphed for FS? from what i understand , that is a dps increase seein as we use FS a lot now.

If anyone has any evidence to the contrary, please post as i would like to get the best out of my shaman too
    Its not worth glyphing.
    Give the FAQ a read to see if you have missed anything, but your dps doesn't sound to bad considering the gear. Also the other posts seem good. Deleted the trolling/pointless threads.

lol, I love all of you so far. No, I definitely DO NOT keyboard turn. My SS is linked to E, ES is linked to E, LL to R, and FS to 2. Lightning Bolt and Feral are linked, and I use SSA and PowerAuras for each of my abilities to know both priority if I have a question, and to know when shit is up immediately.

But yeah, not sure what is going on. Going to log a few of the bosses tonight and get them up here. I am going to change the spec a little bit. Reason I still use Imp SS, is that on trash and on heroics I run out of mana easily, because shit dies to fast to regen enough mana from it with SR. But again, I'm a raiding enh, so that should be the least of my warriors, need to get my boss DPS up.

I ran you through the sim real fast as you are very close in gear to myself. Your theoretical dps is about 9.5k (should be able to get damn close to it) so you are definitely off. I have a feeling this is an issue of either lag or reaction time. I would personally NOT pop my Potion of Speed during Bloodlust unless you know for a fact you can keep up with the greatly reduced GCD. If you are unable to maintain a high reaction time with both used it ends up being a waste and would serve more useful to pop during one of your SR uses. The spec will also play a big role, but you are already going to take care of that.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Pearroc
    Its not worth glyphing.
    Give the FAQ a read to see if you have missed anything, but your dps doesn't sound to bad considering the gear. Also the other posts seem good. Deleted the trolling/pointless threads.
    Not quite 100% true. It depends on current gear whether it is worth speccing or not. This is one glyph you are going to have to sim out though. FS glyph can be a DPS increase over WF, but usually only while wearing the teir 9 pieces. With most of us going into teir 10 2 piece really easy either through badges or VoA this can almost be neglected. But for new people to the spec/class, they probably shouldn't be told that it's useless just quite yet.

Sorry for posting over you I just <3 the FS glyph and I'm actually upset that WF is beating it out now =(
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Aseryx is correct. While I still had my T9 4-piece the FS glyph was better than WF (for obvious reasons). Now that I have dropped my 4-piece and this is no longer in affect WF has regained the 3rd slot for me. However, this is completely irrelevant to whether or not you should use FS in your rotation as that is a dps improvement regardless. I have seen so many get confused in threads trying to relate the glyph and the ability when in fact using FS does not depend on the glyph. Sorry, just something I wanted to reclarify again. ;D

Truth is DPS is not an easy stat to compare, theres a lot more to it than just your personal ability, gear, and spec.

For example, I flip flopped guilds a little while ago. I went from top 3 DPS in my old guild to 6-7th in the new guild, even though my DPS was higher. Thats because these guys were killing things much faster and their strats were a bit more efficient.

Also, you might want to consider replacing that stam/ap gem with an enchanted tear.

Well ran up to Blood Princes last night in our 25. Finished Festergut fight at 8.8k, so it's getting better. I think at this point, through some trial of things yall have mentioned, I have fixed the major issues. Now it's just down to the fine tuning. Thanks for all the help so far, definitely a huge help. I also play from Hawaii, but am typically around 120ms, so that could have a little to do with it, but not much. I hit things as they are up, I use my keybinds, so it's not really reaction time I would think.

Well thanks again for all the help.

First guy i found it was really all about my ui i needed a nice clean UI with my Procs clearly displayed but not taking to much room so i wouldnt tunnelvision, while keeping my computer lag down and latency. With the points about mana talents as you get the 2 set t10 you will always wanna proc shaman rage off cd so if ure around 20% mana every time it comes around you should be fine if ure any like 30%+ try dropping a mana saving cd and puttin it into a more dps gain one.

But knowing your procs and surronding is the key really

The second guy why oh why didnt you go for the helm but meh. No imp wf yet enh totems. Also although i havnt simmed it i rekon u can squeeze a bit more out. You also have 2 points in mana saving i personally have cheaper shocks and never get an issue except those bloody daily heroics. Your ap is fine crit haste exp is 25 but thats fine same with hit, Just try as i mentioned earlier also follow some of these ways to improve fps

http://www.mmo-champion.com/computer/low-fps-check-here!/
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/computer/reduce-your-latency-(maybe)/
    THer is another good post hiding somewer but couldnt find iit they should be fine.

Here is a good video how how to fine tune your performance, most of it is common sense but still it's all about planning ahead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgDjG_0ecTI

I saw you mentioning "I hit stuff when they are up" this might be a typo but I improved my dps alot by actually starting to spam the priority next in line during the gcd. This to minimize the effect of latency. This is alot easier to pull of as a caster but I found it helped alot as a instatsclass aswell.
    (This is also mentioned in the video i posted, with a nice illustration on how it should sound during a raid)