Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Rate the druid above you!

Quote Originally Posted by Pigpen

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...orkron+Warband

I know the hit is a bit high (just got my 4pc and tried to lose a ring, but then realized i was using one of em for my meta bonus), and my haste is just a smidgen low. Anything else would be marvelous!
    Why you all gotta ignore me? haha

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Rejuviflye
    overall your gear is fine.. just those boots hit rating? might be from a boomkin set im guessing :P

on the side, do you use WoL and have you raided last week since trauma was fixed. If yes please provide me said logs so i can view traumas proc info!
    Nah there haste rating boots ... as you can see it's 727 haste even with those boots have a lot of different 'pure' resto boots but none with haste Yeh I've raided after trauma was fixed no access to WoL for non guildies but on sindragosa last night 1764 procs from the mace... Heroic version would be in my BiS list :P Funnily enough it was over 1,000 more procs then the priest using it in my guild :P

Gemming pure sp is not a complete waste its pretty much the best way to gem a resto druid if you dont have mana problems. If you do then 12sp 10 spirit or if you want haste at least gem 12sp/10haste. As if you dont have access to gear that dosent grant you enough haste to not gem for pure haste, if your gemming pure haste you are itemizing wrong.
    Totally agree with this . altho i wanna say there are still a lot of fights when glyp of nourish is better, i normally change glyphs accordign to this Smiley
    No, itemizing wrong is choosing 3/3CF spec and still not being at haste cap while still gemming pure spell power and even half-ass gemming sp/haste

Itemizing correctly is using Gems to fill the gap to meet your soft caps while still being able to heal like a mofo (big bonus heals)

And yes, i typically have a different cloak so i'm at softcap for 25 mans hehe

Of courrrrse spell power is pure awesomeness but man, don't specc 3/3 CF and still not be there.

You too will have better gear one day, so will I.

And no, i don't have access to all the "win gear" we use DKP and generally gear up everyone and have a pretty friendly / open bid system. Only priority ever is tanks and for christs sake every caster class loves haste these days.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Poldara
    Nah there haste rating boots ... as you can see it's 727 haste even with those boots have a lot of different 'pure' resto boots but none with haste Yeh I've raided after trauma was fixed no access to WoL for non guildies but on sindragosa last night 1764 procs from the mace... Heroic version would be in my BiS list :P Funnily enough it was over 1,000 more procs then the priest using it in my guild :P
    wowowowowow, i need that mace D: btw get the crafted boots. They are BiS, the only upgrade is plague scientist boots and its only a 5sp upgrade so yeh they will last me the rest of the expansion once i actually get them D:!

Quote Originally Posted by blahism
    Totally agree with this . altho i wanna say there are still a lot of fights when glyp of nourish is better, i normally change glyphs accordign to this Smiley

No, itemizing wrong is choosing 3/3CF spec and still not being at haste cap while still gemming pure spell power and even half-ass gemming sp/haste

Itemizing correctly is using Gems to fill the gap to meet your soft caps while still being able to heal like a mofo (big bonus heals)

And yes, i typically have a different cloak so i'm at softcap for 25 mans hehe

Of courrrrse spell power is pure awesomeness but man, don't specc 3/3 CF and still not be there.

You too will have better gear one day, so will I.

And no, i don't have access to all the "win gear" we use DKP and generally gear up everyone and have a pretty friendly / open bid system. Only priority ever is tanks and for christs sake every caster class loves haste these days.
    those cenarion boots once im gemmed with 2 sp/haste gems will put me at the haste cap, read my log and tell my my heals are bad even though im below haste cap. No other talents beat that and it means i can gem pure spellpower so im winning across the board

15+ Year Old Account

NUUUUU me and blahism are convo'ing!
    Thats fine as long as its relevant, but PM's would be the best place for it.

those cenarion boots once im gemmed with 2 sp/haste gems will put me at the haste cap, read my log and tell my my heals are bad even though im below haste cap. No other talents beat that and it means i can gem pure spellpower so im winning across the board
    I never said your heals were bad, just disputing the statement that you guys said and agreed to that i was itemizing wrong which is invalid considering the gear/spec i currently have - and same goes for you. Once we both have our BiS lists gemming for haste will be moot.

Gear requires time and a lot of luck. The boots are awesome though.

I have no problem healing and sit 3.4k to 3.6k raid buffed bonus heals which has never held me back. However haste since the nerf to our talent tree has and reaching it through gemming was much easier than hoping i win every piece of loot i could ever want.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by blahism
    Once we both have our BiS lists gemming for haste will be moot.
    i want that day to be now

i want that day to be now
    i just wish blizz didn't nerf that talent.

They swear left and right that they don't want "boring needed talents" and they want talents to "enhance gear" and here they go and nerf a cool talent that enhances gear and make us choose BORING talents in other trees.

i dun get it.

and yesh, i have shitty luck with gear. ICC drops all the same crap and our guild is caster heavy so meh meh meh.. i don't like going with the big haste gems but they fit some of the yellow slots i have and give me enough socket bonuses that i'd essentially have less if i went half/half or i would end up replacing a lot of expensive gems the second i get a new piece rather than 1 haste gem

10+ Year Old Account

yeh so do i, the nerfing was well a bit iffy but i guess its introduced us into seeing how healing goes when HoT's are effected by haste so yeh experimental shit for cataclsym im guessing.

Yeh what is it now 10th week of icecrown we have had 1 abacus and 1 trauma drop... FML!

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Igotyohealz

I'd like some advice on how to gem properly, ignore my leg gems, will be replacing them soon so didn't bother with epic gems. And as for the boots, go ahead and /lol, my guild has had a running gag and is seeing how far we get into icc before I replace them.
    Thank you

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Int gems arnt that much of a use get spi (or haste if you like fast rejuv ticks )
    i prefer pure SP my self

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ne&cn=Barnagma

Barnagma: Great for ToC patch. For ICC you want a lot more haste now that GotEM got its nerf. I am a boomkin so i dont know the exact number for haste but its up around 800 just to hit the 1s GCD.

Other than that, your SP is great, and spec looked fine. Just more haste (swap around gear to get it, or replace some of those SP gems.

Mine: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Boomkindance

Disclaimers:
    1. I logged out in resto spec as i was healing sindragosa before i logged. I am main spec boomkin
    2. I know my belt is not gemmed and has no buckle, I just got it sunday and am doing that tonight.
    3. I know im under the hit cap by 8. I am getting my third mark of sanctification tonight and am putting them on my pants to boost my hit over the cap.
    4. WTB new Trinket slot #2
    5. Am buying 264 Idol Tonight.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lethon&n=Boomkindance

If a socket bonus involving a blue requirement is less than +9 spellpower, I don't go for it. +23 SP there. If it requires a yellow as well, even if it is +9 SP, I don't go for it. +23 SP all around. If there is a blue socket worth going for, I stick a purified dreadstone there. I'd chip out that +10 stats gem, but that's just personal preference.

If a socket bonus involving a yellow requirement is less than +7 spellpower, I don't go for it. moar SP. If it requires two yellow gems, I don't go for it. You know the drill, more SP. If I do go for a yellow, I stick a luminous ametrine in it, unless I haven't been having mana issues at all, in which case I stick a... reckless ametrine (+SP/+haste, if that's not what reckless is >_<) in it, provided I am below the haste cap.

Meta is +21 int/+600 mana proc, unless, again, you never have mana issues. In such a case, I guess Ember Skyflare isn't terrible. And don't listen to the guy who suggests Spirit over Int for mana regen; even after the replenishment nerf, it is still not an amazing stat.

EDIT: this is obviously for restoration druids. if you thought it was balance advice, no. go away.

also damn son, those boots are awful.

lol i logged out in my bad pvp gear so nobody can criticize me just yet!

Please state who your response is directed to. There is the possibility of several people posting at one time. Without names it is impossible to determine what armoury the advice is directed towards, and therefore partially or totally ineffective.

For instance if you were talking about mine (the post right above yours) saying "dont gem blue sockets" is silly because i need 2 for my meta, and have only 2 in my gear (getting socket bonusses in both)

and only gemming SP/Crit if the bonus is 7sp or more is silly as before the crit softcap the statweights of gemming SP/Crit for 5SP or more is worth it in weight over 23sp and no socket bonus.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lethon&n=Boomkindance

Quote Originally Posted by Boomkindance
    Barnagma: Great for ToC patch. For ICC you want a lot more haste now that GotEM got its nerf. I am a boomkin so i dont know the exact number for haste but its up around 800 just to hit the 1s GCD.

Other than that, your SP is great, and spec looked fine. Just more haste (swap around gear to get it, or replace some of those SP gems.

Mine: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Boomkindance

Disclaimers:
    1. I logged out in resto spec as i was healing sindragosa before i logged. I am main spec boomkin
    2. I know my belt is not gemmed and has no buckle, I just got it sunday and am doing that tonight.
    3. I know im under the hit cap by 8. I am getting my third mark of sanctification tonight and am putting them on my pants to boost my hit over the cap.
    4. WTB new Trinket slot #2
    5. Am buying 264 Idol Tonight.
    Seeing as how you are aware of the hit issue seems like you strike an even balance in your gearing. Its easily feasable to hit the crit cap I'm a bit puzzled as to why take sp/crit gems. After the haste and crit soft caps I know they have equal value but I myself prefer haste. Some guy posted above saying its worthwhile to gem if socket bonus is +9sp or greater but I believe the moonkin think tank thread on EJ says +7 if I remember, either way its quite marginal. I'd favor haste rather than going back and regemming every peice of gear once you start getting hard mode drops but thats just me.

Spec seems good, I take 1/3 OF and 1 in typhoon just for the raid utility of when u need a knock back like saurfang or something of the sort, totally optional tho. I do like the fact that you've held off on getting your T10 chest in lieu of using that slot as your offpiece, what would you replace it with I wonder? If you can land a Nibelung, get it, its pure sehckz and give you a better place for a purified dredstone for your meta requirement. Not to mention dropping some other stats in exchange for the proc and tons of spellpower so its a bit easier on your capping issues. My trinkets are identical so I feel your pain each time I lose a roll for Mauradin's spyglass. All in all it looks like my gear would be if I gained badges faster, I approve.

Oh... and +10 warm fuzzies for the name =D

EDIT: I only counted 2 JC gems too, I'll assume that your 3rd runed dragon's eye is meant for the belt.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Xstarseeker
    I know the gem in my head is sp/crit but I'm not dropping gold for a gem for the next piece of gear I'm going to replace. I was going for Valithria's cloth chest but these glove dropped and I was the only leather sp user so I swiped them cheap and got rid of my 245 T9s. this let me play with hit rating and I brought back firestorm ring out of the bank until silent Eulogy drops and I can get ring of rapid ascent or something.

Nice amount of unbuffed spellpower, but your haste and crit levels seem a bit unbalanced and you're using a good amount of spirit pieces.
    I am, however, jealous of how close you are to hit cap, I'm way over and it's pissing me off.

I won't comment much on the spec since OF is still a debated topic and whatnot.
    I don't personally use Typhoon, but I don't condemn it for any reason.
    And Glyphs differ, but I swap between Starfall and IS so I don't really have any arguments there either.

Pretty decent and your gear is coming along great, interested to see how you juggle your hit cap once you lose all the hit from your helm though since you said it's your next upgrade.

Me: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...=Hyjal&cn=Joms
    245 ring sucks, I have the Exalted AV one, but I want to get a Frozen Bonespike first to make up for the lost crit and to lose some more hit so I'm not even more over cap than I already am.
    Edit: I also know that I still have a shitty cloak. I'm starved on dkp right now though, and I'm holding out for a Bonespike.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomkindance
    Please state who your response is directed to.
    Probably the restoration druid who asked for gemming advice, which is why I gave gemming advice, then joked with him about his obviously terrible boots. And obviously, if you aren't gemming in a way that you are activating your meta, why bother having a meta?

Quote Originally Posted by Zleepnir
    Probably the restoration druid who asked for gemming advice, which is why I gave gemming advice, then joked with him about his obviously terrible boots. And obviously, if you aren't gemming in a way that you are activating your meta, why bother having a meta?
    Thanks for the advice! As soon as my server comes back up I'm going to throw some new gems around. And about my obviously terrible boots, they are quite obviously terrible :'( :'(

Also, i have a question about spec.

My guild is basically a 10 man raid only guild, which I don't mind. Our normal healing set up is me and a resto sham (yes I know its strange to run with 2 raid healers only, but we have a shadow priest that occasionally switches to heal for fights like Festergut PRE nerf. Now he is happy to never have to heal)

But anyways to the point,

As we have 2 raid healers and no MT healer, would it be beneficial to drop my points from Revitalize and pick up empowered touch? My Nourish heals are for about 8-10k, and its not uncommon for me to have to throw a few out every fight, so would it be worth it? Also, seeing as how I don't do 5 mans anymore, Tranquility is almost useless, so if I drop those points, any advice on where to throw them? Say, Natural Perfection for 2% chance to crit?

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated, here's my armory again
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...w+the+Blue+Box

Quote Originally Posted by Krowz
    As we have 2 raid healers and no MT healer, would it be beneficial to drop my points from Revitalize and pick up empowered touch? My Nourish heals are for about 8-10k, and its not uncommon for me to have to throw a few out every fight, so would it be worth it? Also, seeing as how I don't do 5 mans anymore, Tranquility is almost useless, so if I drop those points, any advice on where to throw them? Say, Natural Perfection for 2% chance to crit?
    I am personally of the opinion that shamans set up to tank heal perform better than druids set up to tank heal. That being said, druid tank healing is definitely doable. I wouldn't worry so much about picking up Revitalize if the points are better spent elsewhere, and yeah, I'd drop Imp Tranq.

With those four points, I suggest filling up Emp. Touch, then Tranquil Spirit if mana problems are hounding you, and Natural Perfection if they aren't. I also suggest moving one of the points in Subtlety to TS, "just because". You may wanna drop Glyph of WG for Glyph of Nourish, especially if you do the majority of the tank healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zleepnir
    I am personally of the opinion that shamans set up to tank heal perform better than druids set up to tank heal.
    Well, we don't really designate me or the shaman as a tank healer, we kind of just heal whoever is low on the raid frames. This seems like a very sloppy way to coordinate healing, but so far has worked out quite well for us. For the most part i just roll hots on the tanks, but when big spikes of damage come around, I sometimes have to spam nourish, which is why I figured the talent change would be a benefit. But thank you loads for the help sir, I'll be sure to make these changes today