Is this any good for boomkins?

Sorry if this is posted somewhere else but is http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50353 any good?I know that haste is basically quite useless after our haste cap which is at 400, which only benefit starfire after the soft cap, and also it makes our wrath clip.

Sorry for my bad language

Re: Is this any good for boomkins?

It is ok I guess. Much better for mages than us.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50365 is much better for Moonkins.

Haste is certainly not "useless" after 400. To the contrary it is still quite strong. Crit is stronger after the haste cap though, yes.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

1. Your language is fine.
    2. Problem is that this trinket has a ramp-up time, so even if it did proc together with Eclipse, you wouldn't get much out of it.

A trinket with a static SP proc would be better i think.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Deleted

According to people much smarter than me, the trinkets rank the following (in terms of DPS). These tests were done in Wrath Calcs by Hamlet:

Reign of the Dead: 527.
    Reign of the Dead H: 591. Please note, ROTD has dropped in value the second your starfires go below 2 seconds, to the following:
    RotD: 454
    RotD H: 510. Please note, this is the theoretical benefit you can expect once your haste goes above some 500.
    Muradin's Spyglass: 445
    Muradin's Spyglass H: 503
    Dislodged Foreign Object: 476
    Dislodged Foreign Object H: 541
    Phyl. of the name. Lich: 496
    Phyl. of the name. Lich H: 559

I have bolded out the normal values. In the end, you will probably end up having Phylactory and DFO, which also has a nice synergy to it - one with crit, one with haste.

Quote Originally Posted by jtstormrage
    It is ok I guess. Much better for mages than us.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50365 is much better for Moonkins.

Haste is certainly not "useless" after 400. To the contrary it is still quite strong. Crit is stronger after the haste cap though, yes.
    After soft haste cap, crit is stronger, yes. But after soft crit cap, haste and crit are worth more or less the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator
    1. Your language is fine.
    2. Problem is that this trinket has a ramp-up time, so even if it did proc together with Eclipse, you wouldn't get much out of it.

A trinket with a static SP proc would be better i think.
    We dont really have that long non-eclipse periods - it usually doesn't take long to proc the next eclipse, so your benefit from it will be more or less equal to a SP proc. This, however, allows you to fire off dots right at the end for some insane ticks with +945-1050 SP, if you time it correctly.

more if you're lucky and get an OOD proc and lightweave for tailors at the same time ;D

The Moonkin Repository
    Moonkin forums for beginners and experienced players alike
    Moonkin TTT Thread with Wrathcalcs
    Check it out, good stuff in there