Thread: Purge Bubble?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Purge Bubble?

Sorry, but one more post in the topic of balance. Okay dude, so you think two CASTERS should be able to do an old raid right? Cool story, maybe my ret paladin should be able to 1 shot Arthas. When it comes to PvE you have to think that they for 1 hit a lot harder because you have almost NO MITIGATION as a caster, unless Frost Mage, or a pvp spec warlock. As far as the druid tank thing goes. You have way more avoidance, way more armor, way more life, and not to mention can also just heal through a duel with feral regeneration or what ever it is. You need to THINK that just because you feel that something is imbalanced DOESN'T mean it is. I mean, I drive a 2004 Chrysler Pacifica, and it doesn't have the off road utility of a jeep, I'm calling and QQ'ing to Chrysler, or who ever owns that company!! ZOMFG!!

inb4 STOP POSTING NAO

/thread once again
    So, you think you are OP? I hit like a truck, 1 shot a full deadly priest when it was the TOP arena gear. Everything is OP, prot warriors to prot-holy healing.
    Please think before you even try to form complex, no --ANY thought about ANYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas
    Because shattering throw is constructed to shatter what it hits.

Mass dispell is constructed to dispell whatever it hits.

Purge is constructed to dispell the target, the target is defended by a bubble and the purge does not reach the target to cut the bubble.

Purge causes harm to the TARGET, the other 2 causes harm to the spell itself.
    this and look at the cost http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=8012 vs http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=32375

Quote Originally Posted by Skulver
    It is for the same reason that cleanse can not remove heroism. I.e. it just can't and the only reason is because thats how Blizz designed the game.
    wat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    GoD isn't so great for unholy
    Quote Originally Posted by HoX
    i dont understamd ???

Quote Originally Posted by KresnikHellfire
    Before mass dispel, nothing could remove immunities such as ice block and divine shield. If you read the tooltip:

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=32375
    "This dispel is potent enough to remove Magic effects that are normally undispellable."

Blizz decided it was time to have a counter for it. I duno anything about shattering throw so I'm not going to comment on that.

Also, lol at the QQ about ice block and divine shield comments.
    thanks for helping clear that up, i was looking for any reason behind blizzards logic of purge not being able to get rid of bubble, i do however wish purge could remove bubble but at least now i see why it differs from mass dispel, it raises another question though, should shamans be able to purge bubble? its fairly obvious paladins will be firmly against it but i think it would be a nice mechanic for shamans, maybe if there was a glyph for it that would give it a cooldown and maybe a short cast time and be able to dispell the bubble, what do you all think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stieger23
    By this logic the moon is more important than the sun. The sun gives us light in the day when we don't need it, but the moon gives us light at night when we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann
    "Warcraft isn't going to end as long as there still are Orcs."

Quote Originally Posted by murchú
    thanks for helping clear that up, i was looking for any reason behind blizzards logic of purge not being able to get rid of bubble, i do however wish purge could remove bubble but at least now i see why it differs from mass dispel, it raises another question though, should shamans be able to purge bubble? its fairly obvious paladins will be firmly against it but i think it would be a nice mechanic for shamans, maybe if there was a glyph for it that would give it a cooldown and maybe a short cast time and be able to dispell the bubble, what do you all think?
    To replace a dps or healing glyph for a glyph to purge bubble is an awful idea, aswell as adding a cast time.

wat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    GoD isn't so great for unholy
    Quote Originally Posted by HoX
    i dont understamd ???

Quote Originally Posted by Unpredictable
    hand of freedom and bop I'd trade ice block for those two abilities
    You can, it's called spellsteal
    SIGNATURE RULES SIGNATURE RULES SIGNATURE RULES SIGNATURE RULES

Well, to be perfectly honest, there is no reason to QQ about bubble anymore. You cant Bubble and LoH anymore. Also, to the people comparing Mages iceblock and Paladins bubble, who kills who faster. And no, for you Mages who arent able to kite, Mages are not the ones who die the fastest out of the 2. Of course, that is 1v1 and the game is not balanced around it. The problem is mainly, from what I think, if Shaman got a way to remove bubble like Warriors and Priests everyone would want one and bubble would be made very useless very fast.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMajin
    So it would be balanced if warlocks and mage can tank as well as top dps....

Back to the purge discussion, I think the fact bubble can not be purged is for arena, but in BGs rets are very powerful, my paladin used to be Ret and I can solo easily 2 or 3 players and top damage. But in area Rets just can't cut it in high brackets, even with bubble they are so squishy, and when they are bubbled it means they are pretty much dead with bubble is gone.
    This

To the op: Level a paladin, go play arena's and think about it again. You will be completely turned around, trust me... Ohw and to the guys comparing iceblock with bubble, apples and pears.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMajin
    Back to the purge discussion, I think the fact bubble can not be purged is for arena, but in BGs rets are very powerful, my paladin used to be Ret and I can solo easily 2 or 3 players and top damage. But in area Rets just can't cut it in high brackets, even with bubble they are so squishy, and when they are bubbled it means they are pretty much dead with bubble is gone.
    To be honest i think blizzard should make bubble nothing more than a small bonus and give rets an actual proper rotation with utility and a silence or something, but as long as you can be invincible thats all players are going to point out.
    your biggest asset is also whats gimping you in my opinion anyway, most paladins would probably disagree with me though. paladins seem like a very difficult class to balance, out of all the hybrids they seem to be the most difficult to keep balanced.
    if blizz should take the focus off bubble and nerf it and give paladins proper utility and make them more effective in arena, and give them a rotation thats challenging and more fun to play

Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone
    To replace a dps or healing glyph for a glyph to purge bubble is an awful idea, aswell as adding a cast time.
    very true, didnt even think of that, maybe a minor glyph or something, i dunno im just rambling

Quote Originally Posted by Mielji
    This

To the op: Level a paladin, go play arena's and think about it again. You will be completely turned around, trust me... Ohw and to the guys comparing iceblock with bubble, apples and pears.
    my friend is a pally and i did a skirmish or two on hs pally while he played my druid, paladins do great vs other melee class's, you can make mince meat out of them, i found that they are gimped against ranged and healers though

Note: these are just my opinions and im aware that there is a very large amount of people that disagree with them or maybe even find them insulting
    Quote Originally Posted by Stieger23
    By this logic the moon is more important than the sun. The sun gives us light in the day when we don't need it, but the moon gives us light at night when we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann
    "Warcraft isn't going to end as long as there still are Orcs."

Quote Originally Posted by SM Celeri
    Sorry, but one more post in the topic of balance. Okay dude, so you think two CASTERS should be able to do an old raid right? Cool story, maybe my ret paladin should be able to 1 shot Arthas. When it comes to PvE you have to think that they for 1 hit a lot harder because you have almost NO MITIGATION as a caster, unless Frost Mage, or a pvp spec warlock. As far as the druid tank thing goes. You have way more avoidance, way more armor, way more life, and not to mention can also just heal through a duel with feral regeneration or what ever it is. You need to THINK that just because you feel that something is imbalanced DOESN'T mean it is. I mean, I drive a 2004 Chrysler Pacifica, and it doesn't have the off road utility of a jeep, I'm calling and QQ'ing to Chrysler, or who ever owns that company!! ZOMFG!!

inb4 STOP POSTING NAO

/thread once again
    Worst post ever. You don't make any good arguments, your examples are rubbish, just don't post if you do not have anything to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I never said Ret was faceroll, I said your bitching is a mirror image to that entire community's attitude. You'd fit in well over there.
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwine77 View Post
    I'd never send death threats, because it is just a game.

However, if I ever met the guy at Blizzard responsible for murlocs ... I think I'd slug him. Just one hard punch to the face ... while yelling WHARBLGARBLGARBLGARBLGARBL!!

Why isnt the slow from Frostbrand or w/e is called dispellable? HoF aint a dispell.

So my post was the worst post ever eh? I think that my argument was valid, if people ask a question in a thread that is stupid and I point how stupid that question is, then my post couldn't have an invalid argument. I was stating that what he said was comparable to another ideal. It's called an analogy by the way. You can call it the worst post ever, but I call it keeping people from messing up, been doing it since before BC. Flame on bro, this is a forum I could care less what is said, but when what people post on here affect in ANYWAY how they might try to (unconsciously) cause me to have a corpse run or a repair bill. Thanks for pointing out how I failed without providing a reason for it. Just claim things like that more often, prove you are a moron, please, it turns me on. Now go raid BWL or something that cool people like you do, your point is invalid, now DIAF ffs...
    So, you think you are OP? I hit like a truck, 1 shot a full deadly priest when it was the TOP arena gear. Everything is OP, prot warriors to prot-holy healing.
    Please think before you even try to form complex, no --ANY thought about ANYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by nescáfè
    Worst post ever. You don't make any good arguments, your examples are rubbish, just don't post if you do not have anything to say.
    QQ stop trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Horrid Crow
    It doesn't make any sense when you look at it logically.
    But it's done for gameplay purposes. Same thing with Ice Block.
    They are both absolute 'oh shit' spells and shouldn't be broken by multiple classes.

it still doesn't make sense when we dont have one of those "oh shit" buttons when everyone else does. dont even have a real defensive spell(like others). it would only make since that since we cant have any we can make it so nobody else can either.

Quote Originally Posted by SM Celeri
    @ Gog

Maybe we should put a cast time on your vanish or CoS, oh well damn now that would be unbalanced as hell. Please don't suggest stupid stuff like this. I just had to log in to tell you that this was BY FAR one of the dumbest ideas since the beginning of the 21st century. Just think things through the next time before you try to convey your ideas, even in any social interaction. I hope to god some day that you can see what is wrong with your idea, and that when you post this some kid somewhere thinks it will be a great idea.

inb4 TL;DR

/thread
    Mind pointing me to where I can learn vanish and CoSkill on my Enh Shaman? They would certainly come in handy. I have never played a rogue past level 18. Did something touch a sore spot pally?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold
    Why isnt the slow from Frostbrand or w/e is called dispellable? HoF aint a dispell.
    Historical precedent, at one point it was dispellable, but they changed it in an attempt to buff shamans. At one time there was no counter to bubble, but blizzard decided it was too powerful as it stood, so they added a couple counters. Purge cannot remove bubble/iceblock because purge is way too spamable, it would utterly gimp Paladins/Mages in arena.

It is kinda sad that the ultimate "offensive utility" class feels like it has far less offensive utility because of changes like this though, purge itself looks far less attractive now than it did in Vanilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.