Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Divine Sacrifice.

Divine Sacr:

Use it with bubble --> 30% less raid dmg, it will last it's entire duration. You get no dmg done.
    Use it without bubble no raid dmg --> your tank takes 30% less dmg, but that 30% is redirected to you, stops at 205 of your hp or when it's done ...% your health pool.
    Use it without bubble raid dmg --> you're gimped.

Use it with bubble (improved divine sarcifice --> divine gaurdian) --> your raid takes 50% less dmg, after 6 to 10 seconds the raid takes 30% less dmg.

If you have improved divine sacrifice (--> divine gaurdian) -->
    Macro: /cast Divine Sacrifice
    /cancelaura Divine Sacrifice

your raid no takes 20% less dmg and the damage vanishes in the air.

THAT is all :P

quickly to Dal, i'm sure its impossible to raid Naxx after 3.2 correct when both DS and argent were implemented?
    Onto my own idea of DS, talent wise you sacrifice alot to get it 8% crit and 8-15% run speed, both have their uses - and the crit is mp5 even if it's reduced compared to the 50% mana back it used to be. The only problem i have with DS now is that you have to spec fully into the improved version for it to have any real noticeable effect on the raid - 20% reduction - and 30% from your group, and usually any raiding holy pally will pop this along with his bubble at the same time to max its effectiveness. Now i'm not saying to using it with your bubble is a bad thing but what i do find is that the timing of when i need a bubble and when the raid needs the 20% reduced damage isn't always the same. i could of just got hit by a goo or sat in aoe too long or just got too low on blood queen to feel its unsafe not to bubble all these times are necessarily the perfect time to pop DS, but there are always times that bubble + DS work well to, it basically comes down to your raid setup. Have 3 pallies in my 25's one prot one ret and me holy, Prot has improved version ret only has group wide, if there was anyone who should sacrifice talents to get improved it isn't the healer its the ret. Many holy paladins spec it i used to, but most fights we can get through safe and sounds without it (this may be due to fact we have awsome healer comp). If i felt it necessary to complete a encounter with this i would spec it but atm Only Heroic ICC will most likely require it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baulsonya
    Divine Sacr:

Use it with bubble --> 30% less raid dmg, it will last it's entire duration. You get no dmg done.
    Use it without bubble no raid dmg --> your tank takes 30% less dmg, but that 30% is redirected to you, stops at 205 of your hp or when it's done ...% your health pool.

Use it with bubble (improved divine sarcifice --> divine gaurdian) --> your raid takes 50% less dmg, after 6 to 10 seconds the raid takes 30% less dmg.

Just wanted to add; they changed Divine Sacrifice to only affect your group. The amount of damage redirected is 40% x amount of party members. Only Divine Guardian(20% damage reduction) affects the entire raid

Quote Originally Posted by Baulsonya
    Divine Sacr:

If you have improved divine sacrifice (--> divine gaurdian) -->
    Macro: /cast Divine Sacrifice
    /cancelaura Divine Sacrifice

your raid no takes 20% less dmg and the damage vanishes in the air.

THAT is all :P
    What the hell. This is terribly terribly wrong. Have you even read the talent? I mean seriously. Are you just making shit up or what? Yeesh.

Anyway, complete and utter fail aside, Sac is great. The nerf that came along last patch is actually more of a sidegrade than a nerf. Its power diminished, but the clause that turns it off at 20% health means that you can use it on its own 2 min CD instead of waiting 5 min for Bubble.

The raidwall persists even when the party damage redirection is removed. The only time when this can backfire is if you use it during simultaneous raid damage. And by simultaneous, I mean exactly and from the same ability. Pop it before your whole raid decides to run through a fire and you'll be fine. Pop it before Icehowl knocks everyone back to the wall and you'll have issues.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster
    Too bad that some People even today go to Naxxramas.
    Hell i can go Spank Ragnaros and let my Ardent defender Procc and tell you how happy i am that i Survived thanks to that. And it doesn´t mean that did it in Patch 1.4
    Oh yeah, you used the OLD Divine Sac (aka pre-3.2) in Naxxramas, with an ability that was implemented post 3.2. Sure sure, you can do an old raid, with an older version of DS, but with the newest version of AD. Yeah sure.

A little sidenote, if you take up Divine Guardian the damage reduction also affects you personally (last I checked). So, during a raid-minimal fight, it's still a nice 6 seconds of 20% less damage. Saurfang's Frenzy, chain with DProt during Festergut's 3rd inhale, bad interrupters on Deathwhisper, etc etc.

That said, I've yet to die to it and I use it very liberally. As a tank I'm usually getting spammed with heals anyway, so I've yet to have a worry. Stinky and Precious' decimates, random times during Deathwhisper to hope for volley and/or D&D help, Rotface during explosions, Princes all the damn time, Dreamwalker with volleys and/or Lay Waste. No macros for it, though I could see a healadin wanting to use/cancel to just get the raidwall.
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dalarius
    Oh yeah, you used the OLD Divine Sac (aka pre-3.2) in Naxxramas, with an ability that was implemented post 3.2. Sure sure, you can do an old raid, with an older version of DS, but with the newest version of AD. Yeah sure.
    He'd have the whole of the 3.2 patch to use the proc version of Ardent Defender with the old version of Divine Sacrifice, since the DS changes were implemented in patch 3.3.