Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Relive the experience - why not?

Quote Originally Posted by manniefaces
    Nothing stops you from shutting off xp and doing old raids now. There is a good reason they will not do it. I doubt there would eb enough of you to fill one realm much less more.
    And this way, you get encounters that aren't as bugged, better talent trees, easier leveling, easier time finding raid materials, easier time with reputation, easier time without attunements, and easier now that classes are less likely to be pigeon-holed into a certain role (Priests and druid for example).
    Saving the world one Rejuvenation at a time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Who Cares? I like Eduard Khil though.. TROLOLO FOR PRESIDENT!

/sign
    I want a Classic server
    Infractions this, infractions that.
    There's my sig.

I really wouldn't mind seeing a vanilla server, but I don't really see a reason why anyone would want to experience that again. Between the multiple glitches, the bugs, the unbalanced pvp, and the grindy feeling, I wouldn't play on such a server.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

15+ Year Old Account

Seriously, move on. You'll see that when you're on the Classic server, it wasn't all that good. Nostalgia ftl.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus2089
    Wow bro this makes me want to play so bad, i love only judging and auto attacking screw being useful in any way shape or form dps wise

Above comment aside you can get divine storm at lvl 60 so you should change that because it doesn't make anyone want to play on a pre TBC server
    I was thinking the same thing, heh.

I think that the best way to go with a retro guild is to only cap at 60 / 70, but otherwise allow everything else from the current game (even 60 / 70 DKs perhaps). If you start getting picky about skills, spells and talents you're going to break half the specs in the game easily (or more), simply because they've been reshuffled and rebalanced a drastic amount over the years.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

http://truewow.net/site/about

There ya go, thats your vanilla server. Patch, 1.12.1.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

All Blizzard really has to do is make a server called The Burning Crusade and a server called Classic WOW.
    They would run on the same patch as everything else and have WOTLK and stuff in them just so they don't have to run 2-3 different versions of the game, which is why they said they couldn't do it before.
    So yeah, make a server called BC and Classic and tell people "If you want to play with other people that want to play in a BC/Classic atmosphere/PVP/raiding guild, play on these servers." That would be SO simple and easy to do.
    Could even make another Server tab and have multiple realms if its a hit.

Sorry but i dont realy see the point of doing old content with all the new tallents and stat changes, the would be attraction of wanting to do old content was because of the experiance of the dificulty of the origonal, but since wotlk the booses had their health nerfed by 30%?(can't realy remember :P ) and the dps for a resonable dps'er has went up quite a bit from the stat changes and added tallents at 70 so it realy defeats the purpose of doing it now.

Unless they actualy revert the whole game on 1 server including the tallents, the spells, boss health, and all the rest that is missing from the game now compared to what it was there realy isnt any point in doing it.

Blizzard can't just "make" a bc/classic server. Even if they still had the serverside data saved several years back and were willing to make a department for troubleshooting and support just for tbc/classic. It wouldnt feel as epic as you make it out to be.

Deleted

There's tons of private servers with RP shit on em, why hasn't anyone started a project for this yet

Quote Originally Posted by Syatek
    All Blizzard really has to do is make a server called The Burning Crusade and a server called Classic WOW.
    They would run on the same patch as everything else and have WOTLK and stuff in them just so they don't have to run 2-3 different versions of the game, which is why they said they couldn't do it before.
    So yeah, make a server called BC and Classic and tell people "If you want to play with other people that want to play in a BC/Classic atmosphere/PVP/raiding guild, play on these servers." That would be SO simple and easy to do.
    Could even make another Server tab and have multiple realms if its a hit.
    You're wasting resources and servers to do something you can do NOW. Opening a server to just cap the levels at 60 is worthless and offers no benefit outside of what is available now, other then BG queue (and how often do you think any of those will pop?).

So just level to 60, turn off XP, and raid vanilla instances. Everything people are suggesting are capable of being done now. And turning off XP would be, well,
    Quote Originally Posted by Syatek
    That would be SO simple and easy to do.
    , just like you said.
    Saving the world one Rejuvenation at a time.

Deleted

I think nobody cares.

Re-roll a char to 60. Use experience eliminator. Tadaaa.