Thread: Food in Cata

Food in Cata

Okay each expac has improved buff food. BC made it a 30 minute buff up from 15, and Wrath made it 1hr. Personally I think one hour is enough but wouldn't argue with a 2hr buff. lol. I am also wondering what kinda stats we'll be seeing and if there will be less recipes with the stat changes.

Like now in we have a few triple buff foods with Clam Chowder and the feasts, which add AP, SP, and stam. Will the Cata versions now have 4 stats? With AP being removed from gear and stuff, I can see the feasts and other similar buff foods giving like 60 stam, 40 agi, 40 str, and 40 int. Give or take a few stats.

I'd also like to see some more play food. Like the Emo food, magic eaters, etc. Like maybe Mutated Deviate Delight that has a wider range of effects. Like rather than just making ya look like a different type of human, they make ya look like an Orc or Goblin or somethin. And maybe instead of a set model where everyone looks the same they could make it like the outlands transporter malfunction where you can see you armor and stuff. I'd love to see my pali as an orc. An orc in pali gear would be funny as hell IMO. lol.

And maybe some tricky food that drasticly raises one stat while reducing another. Like getting 80 str or agi but sacraficing 30 stam or haste or something. Or maybe give 80 int but reduce spirit by 50 or increase base mana cost of spells by 2%. Or for tanks 100 stam but dodge reduced by 5%.

That's all I got for now. Feel free to add your own ideas!

Re: Food in Cata

I love the idea of sacrificing one stat for another via food buffs. Though that might be too beneficial for some classes whilst hurting others too much.

I don't think the food buffs will go on for further than 2 hours, as seen in the trend with flasks (which was a really nice change).

And it's important to keep in mind that extra emphasis was put on the fact that AP/SP will be removed from gear. I'd assume stuff like a Fish Feast will still add Stamina/AP/Spellpower. Spellpower really isn't an issue as all mana-users will benefit from Intellect, but it just fits so much better with Sta/AP/SP rather than Sta/AP/Intellect

Also, play food is win. I want some that turns me into exotic creatures. I've already played tons of humans, I want to play a dragon or something for a short amount of time.

I agree, Shroomy(Mind if I call ya Shroomy? lol). The buff/debuff type foods might be a little imbalanced but I'd think of it as situational. Like the +int/-spi food would be good for dps races where ya gotta beat enrage timers, +stam/-dodge would be good for tanks durring fights with more magic damage than physical and so on. So it would be about making a decision on weather you'd be better with more damage or health or more mana regen or mitigation. But yeah I agree for classes like warlocks or palies who don't use spirit much it would be a bit OP so I don't caremuch about about it just and idea I was throwing out. lol.

I'm also with ya on the play food. It's my favorite type of food. And your idea for turning into more exotic creatures like dragons and stuff would be awsome. Especially for those times I feel like being tricky on my PvE realm. Flagg for pvp, become a dragon, and hide in plain site amongst other dragons and wait for some hordie not paying attention to hit me and flag himself. lol.

I just hope there's something as delicious as Pungent Seal Whey.

Quote Originally Posted by kabshiel
    I just hope there's something as delicious as Pungent Seal Whey.
    Curdled Ram Milk. lol. Restores 24648 mana over 30 seconds. Just a ballpark number for 80+ cata food. lol.

Recently Discovered Gnome Pie.
    Restores 24,756-36,234
    "has a chance to make you become a leper gnome permanently"