specific pvp questions

1. Wasp Sting, in relation to rogues only:
    Your wasp stings for 64 to 86 Nature damage, and decreases the armor of the target by 5% for 20 sec. While affected, the target cannot stealth or turn invisible.

Cloak of Shadows will still remove this, right? How about Vanish?

2. After searching and finding conflicting answers regarding this, I seek clarification on Freezing Trap resists: aside from the talent in the Survival tree, how does the hit/miss/resist mechanics of this skill work? Will more +hit or Spell Pen increase the skill's effectiveness?

Thanks for your helpful responses!

Re: specific pvp questions

Hunters freezing trap gets resisted a lot. Its not modified by spell pen, that i know for sure, and highly doubt is modified by hit rating. I've had multiple traps resisted to cost me games and I remember one game where this druid resisted like 4 in a row (motw). Anyway its a "bug" and you can find multiple threads in AJ discussing this issue.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Really... a bug... hmm alright, thanks for the info, I'll check over there.

Can anyone shed some light on my first question? Thanks!

Cloak will remove sting, vanish won't. If you see them cloak and you're extremely fast on the uptake you can hunter's mark them to waste their vanish.

How can that be?
    Cloak allows the Rogue 90% immunity to magical effects for 5 seconds, so a Hunter's Mark cannot be applied during this time unless a great deal of luck is involved.

I don't believe Hunter's Mark is calculated with spell hit. In fact, I'm not entirely certain is even contains the ability to miss.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    I don't believe Hunter's Mark is calculated with spell hit. In fact, I'm not entirely certain is even contains the ability to miss.
    I've certainly never had it miss. I am curious now though, will have to test this tonight.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by demonocus
    It can still be calculated to not miss. I know that things that are Arcane immune can't be marked (Curator comes to mind) but there's no reason to believe it can be affected by spell hit/miss, otherwise, you'd miss in PVP verses blood elfs (who have an extra 2% spell miss that cannot be overcome).

"WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

Come to think of it, I thought Curator was immune to mark? Maybe I'm thinking of a different spell...

Quote Originally Posted by vbrokop
    How can that be?
    Cloak allows the Rogue 90% immunity to magical effects for 5 seconds, so a Hunter's Mark cannot be applied during this time unless a great deal of luck is involved.
    Hunter's Mark never seems to miss for me even when the rogue pops Cloak, during that few short seconds, HM still lands.

I dont understand it but it works for me. I never actually thought abt it because its been a natural reaction for me, Cloak = HM/Flare.

10+ Year Old Account

Come to think of it, I thought Curator was immune to mark? Maybe I'm thinking of a different spell...
    He is, that's why I mentioned him :P
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

He is immune.

Its an arcane spell that works off of our ranged hit rating I believe.
    When in doubt, check a spreadsheet.

Quote Originally Posted by chelate
    He is, that's why I mentioned him :P
    Oh, wow. I read "can't" as "can," hence the confusion.