Deleted

Fury ArP and Spreadsheet

Hi!

Im currently messing around with the Landsoul Spreadsheet to obtain maximum dps.
    The problem is that I have NES and about 35% passive ArP and when I gem for arp to softcap (51%) it shows a big dps loss against only gemming for +str/+str+crit.
    The only time SEP for ArP is higher then STR is around 43-48%.
    Before 43% and after 48% it's lower.

Iv'e heard alot of ppl saying that you should gem for arp softcap when you can obtain about 35% passive ArP with procc trinket. Doesn't seem to be true for me, or do anyone have some other suggestions?

Armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ne&cn=Tippable

I know im way over hitcap, will replace the trinket asap. Leveled to 80 a couple days ago. The passive ArP is lower because I have replaced some gear atm, can get to around 30-35% from gear only.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Fury ArP and Spreadsheet

I have noticed this as well while I played around going for Hard Cap ARP. I believe it could be related to NES being a shitty trinket (uptime). However, given this is (probably) the only ArP trinket you have, I would still push for soft cap. I always noticed massive crits during Runestone's uptime (when I was still soft capped). Once you have the gear/weapons/trinket, start pushing for hard cap.

it boggles me why you(and other warrs) picked up the hit shoulders for 20? more badges than the 232 teir'd shoulders that have way better itemization
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

I know you're not asking for this but if I were you I would REALLY try and farm the 226 ulduar belt mats it would be a big upgrade

Deleted

Yes, the gear is not that good I know, will get more upgrades soon. Only been 80 for 4-5 days now so. The SEP for arp on 30-35% is like 0.7 of STR, can it be that bad? It really shows big dps increase on gemming str so that's what I did. Can spreadsheet and rawr be wrong on this point?

Deleted

Anyone?

I did an armory check on warriors in Ensidia about a week ago to see how they were gemming. The one fury warrior I found was gemming for str even though he had the NES trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul
    I did an armory check on warriors in Ensidia about a week ago to see how they were gemming. The one fury warrior I found was gemming for str even though he had the NES trinket.
    You don't need to gem properly when you exploit the fight.

I have been told at higher gear levels you get enough str from gear that its better to gem for Arpen

@ Tippable:

Have you tried pushing your ArP past >40% and check the SEP? I remember there being a point at around 40-45% where ARP becomes better.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Zyphon
    @ Tippable:

Have you tried pushing your ArP past >40% and check the SEP? I remember there being a point at around 40-45% where ARP becomes better.
    Yes, that's what I wrote up there. The SEP increases over str between 42-48% then it get's low again.
    I still get a lower overall dps if I softcap, from spreadsheet and rawr.

It's a combination of your NES being a mediocre trinket, and you not having enough strength to make armor pen outshine strength. Reducing armor increases the damage you do by a percentage. If you arent doing that much damage in the first place then you're better off increasing your damage by a static amount via strength. As you continue to gear up you wont need armor pen gems to soft cap anyways so you're definetly better of with strength for the time being, until you get trinkets good enough for you to push hard cap with.

The spreadsheet is very VERY accurate. Have faith.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Yawnz
    It's a combination of your NES being a mediocre trinket, and you not having enough strength to make armor pen outshine strength. Reducing armor increases the damage you do by a percentage. If you arent doing that much damage in the first place then you're better off increasing your damage by a static amount via strength. As you continue to gear up you wont need armor pen gems to soft cap anyways so you're definetly better of with strength for the time being, until you get trinkets good enough for you to push hard cap with.

The spreadsheet is very VERY accurate. Have faith.
    Thanks mate, was going crazy. Although I see many players with worse gear gemming full arp, they just do it because everyone else are doing it probably. Will gem arp later when I get some gear instead then.

Deleted

The strange thing is thou, when I important another warrior with good gear and regem full str, the dps is also higher.

Really? Try it with me. Justcleaving on US Sen'jin

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaving
    Really? Try it with me. Justcleaving on US Sen'jin
    First one I try that get's more from arp. Sick gear.
    Anyway only tried ppl that are going for softcap before this.
    Seems you need very good gear to benefit more from arp then str, according to spreadsheet and rawr.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippable
    First one I try that get's more from arp. Sick gear.
    Anyway only tried ppl that are going for softcap before this.
    Seems you need very good gear to benefit more from arp then str, according to spreadsheet and rawr.
    Heh yeah. The way I see the spreadsheets is this:

Lets say it says 8,000 DPS for you and you're @ 32% arp. When you gem Arp, you may go down to 7940 DPS but at around 50% arp, the gains will start to be positive, i.e the sep value is higher than strength. While you may still have a maximum theoretical dps LOWER than if you gemmed strength, you're actually bettering your character due to hitting the soft cap. When NES procs, it will give you a big dps boost.

The more you gem ARP, the gains will be more, and eventually you'll overtake what you could with strength alone.

If I can't get over 80% arp, I just gem yellow sockets for 10st/10 crit, and keep Arp @ 48-52% for trinket proc (I have one, cant use it atm due to being close to hardcap).

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaving
    Heh yeah. The way I see the spreadsheets is this:

Lets say it says 8,000 DPS for you and you're @ 32% arp. When you gem Arp, you may go down to 7940 DPS but at around 50% arp, the gains will start to be positive, i.e the sep value is higher than strength. While you may still have a maximum theoretical dps LOWER than if you gemmed strength, you're actually bettering your character due to hitting the soft cap. When NES procs, it will give you a big dps boost.

The more you gem ARP, the gains will be more, and eventually you'll overtake what you could with strength alone.

If I can't get over 80% arp, I just gem yellow sockets for 10st/10 crit, and keep Arp @ 48-52% for trinket proc (I have one, cant use it atm due to being close to hardcap).
    Okey, so you suggest even me gemming for arp right now? Or should I stick with str/str+crit for a while?

Quote Originally Posted by Tippable
    Okey, so you suggest even me gemming for arp right now? Or should I stick with str/str+crit for a while?
    It really is going to depend entirely on what you want. In the end, the immediate differences are going to be minute.