Sporebat as MM dps?

So question. The Sporebat offers a 3% armor debuff dot, which does a bit of dmg and has a near 100% uptime (lasts 9 seconds, on 10sec CD.)
    http://www.wow-petopia.com/html/skil...porecloud.html

Does this debuff simply not pay off as much as the AP buff of the wolf?

Does this not stack with other armor reducing class abilities?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Re: Sporebat as MM dps?

The 300 ap from the wolf equates to more damage

If you don't have a druid the raid a wasp is worth bringing for sting http://www.wow-petopia.com/html/skil...lls_sting.html at a very slight dps loss. Otherwise wolf all the way ;D

I believe this should be counted as a "minor armor" debuff and would be overridden by faerie fire, therefore making the sporebat a waste of time as long as there is a druid (or wasp) in the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by mauhir
    If you don't have a druid the raid a wasp is worth bringing for sting http://www.wow-petopia.com/html/skil...lls_sting.html at a very slight dps loss. Otherwise wolf all the way ;D
    ugh new question. How can 84dmg over 9 seconds with 10sec CD for 3% debuff, equate to 84 instant dmg with 5% armor debuff? Did Blizz just make 2 pets do the same ability only one is a cunning pet and one is ferocity??
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Spore cloud should be AoE, sting is single target.

Hey Wolf Fanboys. I raid with a Pink Tallstrider

But on to topic. The wolf is the best DPS pet if you think you need every DPS possible (a extra 15 DPS in this case). The Spore Bat is in the cunning tree, so that is a huge drop in DPS just because of the Tree.

Wasp gives a 5% ArP bonus, but if I remember right, Druids have a spell that overwrites it (annoyingly), so if you have a Druid (boomkin or feral (?)) in your raid, it wont help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    We have a Hunter who does exactly the same! The pet being aptly named 'Panther'

I personally use a Bird of Prey, mainly for looks etc x) Good ol' Aotona D

on topic: Wolf is definitely the way to go, I have been tempted to get a kitty and test out how that goes, but when I used a wolf, my dps definitely did have a pretty good bump to say the least

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni

But on to topic. The wolf is the best DPS pet if you think you need every DPS possible (a extra 15 DPS in this case). The Spore Bat is in the cunning tree, so that is a huge drop in DPS just because of the Tree.

Wasp gives a 5% ArP bonus, but if I remember right, Druids have a spell that overwrites it (annoyingly), so if you have a Druid (boomkin or feral (?)) in your raid, it wont help you.
    It won't really help anyway. Get ArP capped and it shouldn't much matter.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed
    It won't really help anyway. Get ArP capped and it shouldn't much matter.
    You do know how ArP works with armor debuffs right?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Many pets have abilities that come close to a Wolf. I personally enjoy just about any other pet more than a wolf, but hey, its dps. Really up to you what pet you use, and why.

"Fate has made us enemies...But this ring will make us brothers." -Gravemind to the Master Chief and the Arbiter, (Halo 2)
    "Were it so easy" -The Arbiter (Halo 2,3)
    "That is the worst grenade throw ever, of all time" -Agent Washington (RedvsBlue, season 6)
    <3 Caboose