Thread: Rogues in PvP.

Rogues in PvP.

Hey, im just at 1300 atm but i really have problems agains rogues, maybe you can give me some hints to make it easyer to survive. Im currently at 1017 ress and 2756 SP. Im playing Warrior/Priest.

Re: Rogues in PvP.

u disc or shadow for pvp, the reason i ask is because ur sig say shadow

Thats an old "pic". Im disc for pvp.

Are Rogues opening on him or opening on you?

10+ Year Old Account

Have the Warrior hit the Rogue and its GG.

But seriously, when a rogue opens up on you, don't trinket it. Wait for the Cheap Shot to wear off, then he will usually Kidney Shot. Trinket the Kidney shot. Pain Suppression if you have to. After a rogue opens up, and is out of stealth, his damage output is very low.

Let me ask you this, does your warrior target the rogue once he pops? He should be, almost regardless of whatever other class is on the rogues team. In order to minimize damage done to you (the healer) it's up to your warrior friend to "train" the rogue, meaning keeping snares/bleeds up on him so he can't maximize his damage on you.

First of all War/Disc isn't the best combo for 2's, so consider that as possibly part of your issue. 2nd, something to consider is making sure you are bubbled and have pom on yourself if you know there is a rogue. So his opener won't have the same type of affect on u it would without. Also the pain suppression glyph is a life saver here. Since you can cast it while stunned, the rogue would have to do ridiculous damage to kill you before his stuns wear off, especially with your res. On another note you may want to make sure you are specced into reflective shield. 44% of the damage absorbed by shield reflected back at attacker. May not be a lot, but trust me, it adds up. Useful for your partner also. Try those tips, rogues are easy mode, then you can save trinket for blind and really piss em off.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratorogue
    Have the Warrior hit the Rogue and its GG.

But seriously, when a rogue opens up on you, don't trinket it. Wait for the Cheap Shot to wear off, then he will usually Kidney Shot. Trinket the Kidney shot. Pain Suppression if you have to. After a rogue opens up, and is out of stealth, his damage output is very low.
    and eat a blind while they kill the warrior? Great idea.

No rogue should be able to make you pain suppression/trinket when he opens. If a priest would do that then it's an easy game for the opponents depending what comp it is.

War/Priest vs Rogue/x

And the rogue is opening on you?

Rogue is retarded or attacking you because your gear is not fantastic and thinks he can burn through u b4 warrior burns him.

Either way, Make sure you keep renew up, Glyph of Pain Sup and Innerfire help alot.

You want to get dots on the rogue to force him to cloak and then u can use fear more securely.

If you play enough u can eventually determine where a rogue is coming from, then holy novaing or fearing him b4 he gets his opener can be gamebreaking, and usually is.

Warrior pops cooldowns to bladestorms durring the rogues kidny so the rogue either gets his face rolled while standing still atking you, or the rogue runs away and stops hitting you. A warrior cannot stay sapped, if he is sapped it can be broken once the rogue opens up on you by using berserkerage. Thus there is no way the warrior can not just break it and kick the rogues ass. If you space yourself with the warrior not so close to you he can even charge/stun the rogue before he bladestorms.

Make sure you dot (or have your warrior rend before the bladestorm) so that the rogue is forced to either cloak or run realy far away from you to restelth or vanish.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".