Thread: Rogue Help.

Rogue Help.

Hello. Here is a link to my rogue http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...a+52&cn=Jammbi

What i am asking is if you guys could take a look and give me any suggestions and not changes i should make to my gear and thning i should aim for, as well as gear. Chew me out, call me names do whatever you have to do, im taking all opinions.

This would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Re: Rogue Help.

Regem
    Red- 40 AP
    yellow- 10agility/10haste
    blue- 10 stats
    I would find a new trinket than supremacy and greatness, try whispering fang skull (or whatever it is called) and the war token.
    Your powers are useless on me you silly billy...

Quote Originally Posted by Xada
    Regem
    Red- 40 AP
    yellow- 10agility/10haste
    blue- 10 stats
    I would find a new trinket than supremacy and greatness, try whispering fang skull (or whatever it is called) and the war token.
    shouldn't that be 20AP/10haste?

Indeed it should be, but that's somewhat a flawed statement. Until very very high end gear that would work out as the 'ideal' gemming rule of thumb but after that you'd have to spreadsheet alot in order to find out whether you need to gem pure yellows in your gear to stop you crit capping & actually gemming something that's not diminished in value as much.
    I would agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Halceon
    shouldn't that be 20AP/10haste?
    Yes it should be.

Yeah 20 ap/10 haste is what I do. I wasn't paying attention to overall melee stats, I merely noticed a few crit gems and thought he had lower crit than usual and figured it would be the better trade off. I really didn't want to run a spreadsheet to make a more accurate decision so i just threw agility out there. I suggest getting a spreadsheet because no one is gonna do it for ya.

Get some Expertise ! ! !

Get it either from gear if you have it or gem for it (should be better for you then AP) but 11 Exp is a serious drop in your DPS, especially as mutilate.

expertise would be your very best stat right now to go for while being mutilate, 11 is way too low.

also:

ArP gem in shoulders, change it to 40AP
    Blue gem in helm, replace with nightmare's tear.

It kinda looks like you weren't really sure what you were doing while gemming since sometimes U go for 20agi, sometimes 20 crit, and sometimes 40AP..
    in all fairness, you should really spreadsheet and see what comes out best for your gear, my guess would be to go for 40AP in red, ignore any blue gem except for one (nightmare's tear) and yellow go for 20AP/10 haste.

But first get that expertise up! Might be worth gemming for right now!

I would just get the craftable boots and the expertise back from 10 man icc. That should push him up near 26 exp

change ur offhand enchant to berserking. the trinket from toc 10 might be an option to get ur expertise up instead of getting the crafted boots for around 10k

It's an option, but it adds another cd he'd have to manage. Alternatively, he can get acidmaw boots (I think that is what it is named) from 10 man ToC off beasts. Get the Heroic version, the stats are basically the same, just not as good as the craftable ones.

Thanks for all the responses and help guys ill start making changes.

As for my odd gemming lol. My rogue is my alt so i wasnt too concerned with what i gemmed, the agi gems were what i was gemming for originally and switched mutilate and began with AP. I didnt bother spending 2k to re gem everything hene the mixed gems. Thanks again for the help, all of you, i appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xada
    It's an option, but it adds another cd he'd have to manage.
    Thats a joke right?

Mutilate has pretty much 3 CDs to use - Tricks, Cold Blood and Vanish (and 2 of those are usually just 2 uses per fight). Seriously, if a mutilate rogue cant play when adding a extra CD from a trinket or something they have some serious issues.

Lol, I like available to use trinkets over proc trinkets because they fluctuate my dps in a short fight whereas I can pop Victor's Call with heroism, sync it with my pots or Envenom etc etc etc. In all honesty if there was a trinket available to use on par with the current ICC trinkets I'd use it over them. This is ofcourse personal preference =)
    I would agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.