Thread: FoL Paladin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: FoL Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Obsession
    Fixed.
    so essentially what you're saying is that the holy light paladin deserves to waste the druids' hots, not the fol pally?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruski
    so essentially what you're saying is that the holy light paladin deserves to waste the druids' hots, not the fol pally?
    I said that if you prefer to spot heal, you can do it on a holy light as well. Not everyone spot heals with holy light.

15+ Year Old Account

ok, I think I see what you're saying. Let me post the meters after tonight's raid (if Blizzard ever fixes their servers) and see where it goes from there.

ok, I think I see what you're saying. Let me post the meters after tonight's raid (if Blizzard ever fixes their servers) and see where it goes from there.
    FoL is definately viable spec. I do enjoy playing it (I wish the GM would let me try it in ICC again), I just haven't seen a log since mid TOC.

In a 25 man raid, you're going to want to make sure you have a HL pally on board before you bring in a FoL pally, much like you want a disc priest on board before bringing in a holy priest. They're all absolutely viable, but HL pallies bring something to the raid that's just not as easily mirrored for hard-hitting heroic content by other classes -- insane throughput.

Once you have that HL spot filled, FoL is absolutely viable and if well-played can be a huge asset.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick
    In a 25 man raid, you're going to want to make sure you have a HL pally on board before you bring in a FoL pally, much like you want a disc priest on board before bringing in a holy priest. They're all absolutely viable, but HL pallies bring something to the raid that's just not as easily mirrored for hard-hitting heroic content by other classes -- insane throughput.
    Having both a disc priest and holy priest is better than having only 2 of either. But the thing is, having 2 HL pallies is better than having 1 FoL and 1 HL. Because FoL might be viable. But it still isn't as good as a HL pally.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick
    Once you have that HL spot filled, FoL is absolutely viable and if well-played can be a huge asset.
    Viable, yes. Still as viable as bringing another HL paly, no.

im not spamming fol on one tank and having it beacon another. I am raid healing, therefore it's like playing whack-a-mole with my raid frames. This where I got "more interactive" from, and this is the niche I was talking about. I do know my class, I have been both holy light and flash of light and was top heals in both specs and if you're gonna saw rawrawrawr healing meters dont mean anything then my tanks never died.

errr you just explained what I do on a majority of the fights in ICC25. Except with Holy light instead of FoL.

Try Blood Queen on 25 man(or any other fight that needs 2 tanks), Have 2 HL pallies, beacon both tanks, spam raid, profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lao_tzu
    I think FoL has its place, our best healer (no longer playing unfortunatly) was FoL and matched out best HL healer every step of the way.
    It was his play style and what he excelled at, his healing output was still immense, he was able to better spot heal and react to situations and he never went OOM never even close even at the end of a long fight.
    So if thats what you excell at keep at it, you should always have Int off gear just in case. Situationally some fights are just better being HL. but thats the same as saying some fights are better with a priest (possibly all fights, lol)

anyway keep it up I hope people can see through the bad press to the truth.

If anyone is beat by a FoL pally, they are doing something wrong themselves or that pally is in charge of keep JoL up. Which he probably was. Not kidding....at all.

And seriously what is the point of ending a fight with 97% mana? The smartest/most efficient thing to do is to kill a boss with your last heal emptying your mana pool.

Sweet, I can cast FoL the entire fight and end the fight with full mana.

Or I can actually do a reasonable amount of healing, spam HL, and let my 41k mana pool end at 30%.

A FoL pally can only be a FoL pally.

While a HL pally can be both a HL and FoL pally to a pretty good extent.
    Fwap - US Lothar

I am just going to quote this dude!
    Quote Originally Posted by fwap
    A FoL pally can only be a FoL pally.

While a HL pally can be both a HL and FoL pally to a pretty good extent.
    ... Amen! :-*
    Sarcasm may be used!
    I am not a thief, I am a pirate! And piracy isn't stealing, it's just good manners sharing!

Like someone said on page 1:

FoL is a heroics build, and 10 mans if you have the gear.

HL is hardmodes and 25 mans.

I finally started to play my paly as ret once WotLK hit, after playing as holy since November of 2004, and frankly even in a budget healing set, when I have to heal a heroic or something, FoL spam is fine. However, the few raids I've done (goddamn life getting in the way!), it's been all HL, beacon, etc. all the time.

FoL spam simply isnt what it was say in tBC where you could just spam FoL and raid/tank heal.
    lol casual - Ret masochist since 05

Rullk

FoL build is not suited for solo paladin raid healing in my opinion. Maybe farmed content, but not progression 10 or 25. The best raid team I've healed with as a Holy Bomber had a FoL paladin as the second of two paladins. FoL pally spams tank and spot heals, while holy bomber spams tank. It's a good combo mixed with a HL, priest, shammy, druid etc. The spec is valid it is just combo specific, and its a strong combo when executed correctly at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Logah
    FoL build is not suited for solo paladin raid healing in my opinion. Maybe farmed content, but not progression 10 or 25. The best raid team I've healed with as a Holy Bomber had a FoL paladin as the second of two paladins. FoL pally spams tank and spot heals, while holy bomber spams tank. It's a good combo mixed with a HL, priest, shammy, druid etc. The spec is valid it is just combo specific, and its a strong combo when executed correctly at that.

Meh. HL pally + FoL Pally isn't bad. But HL + HL is still better. HL + preist, shammy, druid etc is also better.

Like I said before. FoL is viable. But HL is still going to be better no matter what.
    Fwap - US Lothar

Varies a lot from fight to fight, and what classes you heal together with.

For most fights I find FoL build + PvP libram being sufficient (got FoL, HL and SoW glyphs), and with 4p T10 it'll be even more so since one can get quite quick Holy Lights off in bad situations.

For some fights it simply isn't enough, but with a single click on the action bar I have my Renewal-libram in hand and can start pounding Holy Lights (running one sp/mp5 trinket and ToR in the other slot).

Generally I prefer FoL because it's fast. It's almost 50% faster than HL (1.0 seconds FoL, 1.45 seconds HL). It allows for quick reaction where HL simply is slow, dumb power-healing. A good paladin should be able to do both, imo. Not to mention that one is more likely to commit suicide out of boredom if being pure HL-paladin, than if one mixes heals more :P

i have HL and FoL gear:

HL with 42k mana, 3300sp, 43% crit, 810haste buffed. (w/o procs)
    FoL with 30k mana , 3900sp, 35% crit, 840haste buffed. (w/o procs)
    Different glyphs

doing 10 + 25 raids mainly. arrived arthas first week with 20trys left (not down -.-).
    i healed every boss in 10 and 25 with both gearsets. theres is MINIMAL difference between effectivness between both speccs. but there are bosses where FoL or HL is minimal better.
    in my opinion every good paly should have both gearsets and change depending on boss.

markgar
    lady
    gunship
    saurfang
    modermine
    council
    sindragosa === FoL specc more effective

rotface
    prof
    bloodqueen
    valithria
    lich king === HL specc more effective

thats my experience in normalmode, im very interested in first heroic fights in ICC.

so long*majo

dude thats fuckign bullshit, you didn't kill putricide. the FoL paladin is second on healing meters, but yo guys didnt even get to p3, wtf is this hoax, of course in p1 and p2 fol wins, because no one in the raid takes any dmg, there is so little dmg incoming that you can just top people off with fol without even having to spec/gear for FoL.
    i want to see a WoL report of the whole bossfight, you'll see in p3, the FoL paladin will drop to last spot dude to him not being able to heal tanks properly

15+ Year Old Account

thats supposed to be the meters from all boss fights

15+ Year Old Account

oops lol!

As a HL paladin I use flash till p3 because raid/tank damage is almost non existant. You can also 2 heal Sarufang25 with flash. Grats. Trivial normal mode encounters wont do you any favours to promote your build.

Also Judgement of Light ? sigh.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat
    Also Judgement of Light ? sigh.
    ...yes? What else would I use to keep Wise up?

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat
    Trivial normal mode encounters wont do you any favours to promote your build.
    mmm....yes, actually they will. They are still relevant.

...yes? What else would I use to keep Wise up?
    Any judgement you want.

But when your Holy's top heal is JoL there is something very wrong. You have 4-5 paladins in your raid.
    How about you post your festergut log.

PS: You also run three Holy Paladins >.> I could replace all three of you tbh =o