Thread: Beta - Luanch

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Beta - Luanch

Sorry there has probably been a lot of threads on this.

But.

What is the general release of cataclysm suspected to be. personally I don't really care and I dislike the kinda limbo zone your in right before a new x-pac and the grind afterwords. However I see a lot of people talking about cataclysm like it is going to be released soon than later. There is no more content patches for wotlk, yet the beta for cataclysm isnt even out yet.

I'm trying to think back to TBC and when the wotlk beta came out, but I seem to remember it was quite a while before the launch of wotlk. Just estimating we won't see cataclysm till late summer?
    ALL DAY SON ALLLLLLLLLLLLL DAY.

Re: Beta - Luanch

No one but Blizz knows. And at this point I doubt even they know themselves.

It used to be against the rules to make release date threads, but they've taken the sticky down so I dunno.

I know nobody knows, I'm not asking what day the launch is.

simply, based on previous xpansions, and there development time, How long do YOU think it will be. Like I said I seem to remember wotlk beta at least 6 months before release.

Now if that pattern, or something similar repeats it self, which in all probability it will, we have a pretty long wait ahead of us w/no more content patches planned, unless sunwell2.0 comes out.
    ALL DAY SON ALLLLLLLLLLLLL DAY.

Presuming that the long betas continue, yes, we'll be looking at an at least 6 months wait until Cataclysm is released. However, for all we know, there might be a whole lot more internal testing and friends and family testing and less public testing. It's hard to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Edynol
    It used to be against the rules to make release date threads, but they've taken the sticky down so I dunno.
    It's still against the rules. We just ban the idiots that don't even read the rules stickies. I'll be nice and let this one slide since it's sort of a question regarding the beta.

When the Beta is released it is released lets move on people no need for speculations about something that hasn't even been talked about by blizzard

10+ Year Old Account

lich king is dead hardmodes will last 2 weeks so a month or two probably before the public beta starts this is just a rough estimate.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfang
    lich king is dead hardmodes will last 2 weeks so a month or two probably before the public beta starts this is just a rough estimate.
    Hard modes won't last 2 weeks, lol

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminusDk
    When the Beta is released it is released lets move on people no need for speculations about something that hasn't even been talked about by blizzard
    Stop being a fucking douche all the time, I see you posting retarded comments with shitty english each and every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogramar
    Stop being a fucking douche all the time, I see you posting retarded comments with shitty english each and every day.
    Good job playing his game

My guess is that they're getting some really heavy internal testing done and there are a few things that lead me to believe this. The game has probably been a lot closer to being "finished" than we think since it's been worked on even before the release of WotLK, however, there's also a lot more content. Blizzard also seems to be releasing a lot more info about various services and such now, something that hints at a much larger staff. If they were short staffed on cata, they probably wouldn't assign people to create things like a facebook app or mobile AH. Hope this made sense, I'm dead tired :P

I personally don't understand why people want to play the Beta and not the game and most of the time, they are not productive in their efforts to report bugs in the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    I personally don't understand why people want to play the Beta and not the game and most of the time, they are not productive in their efforts to report bugs in the beta.
    People are desperate for something new right now. wotlk is old hat. I know I cant wait to get into the beta.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

SOON(TM)

:

Yeah LK has been killed

So atm from a pve perspective we're just allowed time to kill him and his buds on hc too

Another estimate is pvp. Is the just started arena season the last one in wotlk? or is there gonna be more?

Based on that....myeah late summer/september is prolly the soundest guess

Deleted

I say that it already comes out in June. Since the game is already done and blizz is testing it themselfs. No beta will come.

autumn 2010

Yes it has been asked, and the same answer till we actually get something official will be the same.
    WE DO NOT KNOW, SO STOP ASKING !
    I hope that makes it clear enough.
    Do not go by the release dates on pre-orders since they are guessing just as much as everyone else and like with Wotlk those were changed several times as required until they got the official info.

Quote Originally Posted by AzureNightmareX1
    People are desperate for something new right now. wotlk is old hat. I know I cant wait to get into the beta.
    It's hardly old hat, they just do not intend to have a repeat of sunwell with a raid which only a fraction of players got to, let alone made progress in.
    If it means that those who are so keen to constantly clear the content have nothing to do then tough, get over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Beta is in 2 months.

I thought there was lunch in here, whats going on?

Lanch Party.