Magic Absorption

I've recently been wondering if i should get magic absorption.
    Was thinking about moving around a couple of points to get it, since its seems usefull in ICC.
    How many of you guys currently use it?

I was thinking of moving two points from arcane concentration since the clearcasting proc is kinda shitty anyway :P
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-ta...ourni&gn=Sworn

Re: Magic Absorption

I made this move since I mainly raid ICC on my mage. It is extremely useful and mana becomes less of an issues against bosses such as the blood queen or Sindragosa where magic AoE is always ticking.

If your healers are struggling with the consistent AoE damage in ICC then it may be a wise decision. I, personally, would not make this move. While the philosophy of dead DPS = no DPS stands, if your healers are struggling to keep you alive then chances are they are also struggling on others, and others will probably be dying too. Frost Ward, as I'm sure you are aware, works on many of the fights. This alone acts as a large increase to our survivability, particularly when Frost Warding negates an attack entirely, and also providing a DPS increase if used in the right situation.

However, you must choose carefully where you move points from if you do. Those 2 points in Arcane Concentration are a ~4% reduction in the mana cost of your spells, while also offering 30% increased crit chance on those spells, which translates to ~1.2% crit chance (though in reality this isn't true if missiles eat the Arcane Potency proc a lot).

I never really have big mana issues atm, and if clearcasting would proc more often then i wouldn't see it as a valuable option, but as I think the proc rate is bad ( meaning i really dont think I'll be loosing that much crit from Arcane potency since well ..I'll still have a 6% procrate and since it also applies to Pom wich is always on cd.)
    then i see no problem moving 2 points from it into another talent that may grant you mana and more survivability.

But thanks for your answers, nice to see what others think

You'll probably want MA for hardmode fights with raidwide damage. I've been running MA since HM thorim, and I drop clearcasting for it. The dps loss on rawr is ~100, well worth the 80 resists. The occasional mana back would close the dps gap slightly, even.

I run without it right now but I always planned to spec back into it for ICC HMs, if they were anything like Ulduar HMs (pre-nerfs) where MA was almost mandatory.

Specced for it now, works just fine ;D
    Thanks for your answers^^