Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Rets and geming 3.3 for T10 4p

Did a quick scan threw forums and did not find any topic about this, if there is my bad.

Anyways I will soon be getting T10 4p and I am wondering if rets should still be geming 10 crit / 10 str in every yellow socket with a str socket bonus. I know we did it for T9 2p but as for T10.. Im not to sure. Rawr is giveing me mixed answers.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Draenor&cn=Holyxfire

Re: Rets and geming 3.3 for T10 4p

for me, the difference between gemming straight str vs str/crit is about 0.21 DPS
    Str/crit still wins, but not by much

u will gem full str after u drop the 2p t9 set bonus, some said on elitist jerks that with TAJ and SM haste would be better then critt but that has to be tested after u get the legendary

I am getting mixed results as well, depending onthe source. However, the difference is very small, mush like a previous poster pointed out. It seems it is largely dependent on your other gear and the difference would be tiny at best.

General approval on EJ is once you lose the 2p T9, gemming goes back to straight strength outside of the one Nightmare's Tear you need to activate the meta.

But the difference is very minimal and it comes down to how much of a min/maxxer you are.
    Can't have a crusade without crusader aura.

According to the spreadsheets and rawr, i've determined that at my gear level gemming 10str/10crit in a yellow socket with a 4str bonus is ~.1dps increase.

Being that the calculations are theoretical, I'm subject to my gut feeling and I'm only putting those gems in yellow sockets with 6str bonuses. I prefer to gem 20str in all sockets even the yellow ones with the 4str bonus. The damage increase is so minimal it's really not worth sweating over for a theoretical dps increase. I'd rather have my chances of being wrong and losing .5 dps and being right and gaining the same or more.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    According to the spreadsheets and rawr, i've determined that at my gear level gemming 10str/10crit in a yellow socket with a 4str bonus is ~.1dps increase.

Being that the calculations are theoretical, I'm subject to my gut feeling and I'm only putting those gems in yellow sockets with 6str bonuses. I prefer to gem 20str in all sockets even the yellow ones with the 4str bonus. The damage increase is so minimal it's really not worth sweating over for a theoretical dps increase. I'd rather have my chances of being wrong and losing .5 dps and being right and gaining the same or more.
    I approuve this post
    (the same reason i never used any 10str/10crit in my 4str bonus on my t9, 0.2 dps wasnt worth it)

To clarify and be more concise it was ~.09 - .13 per socket depending on gear and other gems. for I think the 4 yellow sockets I had it would have been a pretty weak dps increase overall.

Quote Originally Posted by shetan
    General approval on EJ is once you lose the 2p T9, gemming goes back to straight strength outside of the one Nightmare's Tear you need to activate the meta.

But the difference is very minimal and it comes down to how much of a min/maxxer you are.
    I'm not sure where you got your information. EJ never said that. Even if you look at the front page of the EJ BiS 3.3 page, it clearly says to gem 10Str/10Crit in yellow sockets with a bonus of 4Str or more. As you approach any of the full BiS sets, gemming 10Str/10Crit in yellow sockets with a bonus of 4Str will yield a DPS increase of ~3.6 over disregarding the bonus and gemming pure strength.

There is a field directly below the list that suggests the exact gems to use. Here is a copy/paste of that info.

Gems
    Normally use [Bold Cardinal Ruby], one [Nightmare Tear], and [Inscribed Ametrine] in yellow sockets that activate a 4 strength bonus (check Rawr for other bonuses to see if it is worth it).
    A few weeks ago that quote suggested using Inscribed Ametrines in sockets with bonuses of 3Str or more.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Prentice is correct, the website still says use the hybrid gems in yellow sockets. Based on personal data contrived from exemplar's spreadsheet and rawr i've decided to take the initiative.

The increase is very marginal with the loss of the 2pice tier 9 set bonus, however it's still better according to these charts. To reiterate, it's still a very minimalistic increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    To reiterate, it's still a very minimalistic increase.
    I am certainly not going to nitpick at you. The reason that I posted the difference is simply this. If you already have 20Str gems in your yellow sockets, it almost isn't worth it. If you haven't socketed yet, you should be aware of what gem to use in the given situation. Can't catch em all. I am not a pokemon master.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

still... 3.5 dps... IF everything goes simulation perfect. I bet you wouldn't notice any real time dps bonus.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgemesh
    still... 3.5 dps... IF everything goes simulation perfect. I bet you wouldn't notice any real time dps bonus.
    Please feel free to stack spell power and armor penetration. Your mentality is so ridiculous. Threads, replies, spreadsheets..... What more do you want?? I am not saying that 3.5DPS is the world. I even admitted that it probably isn't even worth regemming. Don't sit there and try to be a jackass by justifying it one way or another. If you can present real data one way or another, I'd like to see it. We can only go by what the simulations offer us.

You put gems in your gear to make your gear better. 10 str / 10 crit is best in yellow slots if its granting you a 3 str bonus or more. In other words.. 13str and 10 crit > 20 str.

Doesn't matter how minimal of an increase it is.. its better.

10+ Year Old Account

I gem for 42 AP meta, and for the requirement I gem 10 str/10 crit or 10 str/10stam blue to meet it. Other then that, I leave hit and crit for gear, and any other open sockets on weapons or gear (or the blacksmithing sockets) I gem 20 Str, or 34 str for JC. I never follow gem sockets or the Socket Bonus because they're pointless.

Layman's terms...

20 str Red Epic gem (Bold Cardinal Ruby)
    +

> Greater then

+
    10 str / 10 crit Orange Epic gem (Wicked Ametrine)
    and
    +6 str Socket Bonus

:

(http://chardev.org/?profile=352333)

Quote Originally Posted by Perfectdark
    I gem for 42 AP meta, and for the requirement I gem 10 str/10 crit or 10 str/10stam blue to meet it. Other then that, I leave hit and crit for gear, and any other open sockets on weapons or gear (or the blacksmithing sockets) I gem 20 Str, or 34 str for JC. I never follow gem sockets or the Socket Bonus because they're pointless.

Layman's terms...

+

> Greater then

+
    10 str / 10 crit Orange Epic gem (Wicked Ametrine)
    and
    +6 str Socket Bonus

:
    Its time to bust out the stamp.

You, sir, are an idiot.

Minor run speed does not stack with PoJ(which you should have). 34AP or 42AP is nothing compared to 3% critical damage. Get a clue.

10+ Year Old Account

Or, that. Oops yes you're right, simple mistake, easily fixable, some idiots I've seen in raid guilds do the stun gem or stam and they have pieces of T10. I honestly just forgot about the crit dmg one...

Or, that. Oops yes you're right, simple mistake, easily fixable, some idiots I've seen in raid guilds do the stun gem or stam and they have pieces of T10. I honestly just forgot about the crit dmg one...
    Your math comparison of the str and crit was wrong too. That entire post was an all-around fail.

10+ Year Old Account

Why whats wrong now? 2x 20 Str is more then one 20 Str and one 10 str 10 crit? What math comparison am I missing?

Why whats wrong now? 2x 20 Str is more then one 20 Str and one 10 str 10 crit? What math comparison am I missing?
    20 Str is more than 10 Str/10Crit, but that's not what you said nor is that the situation being discussed.

20 Str is not more than 16Str/10Crit, nor is it more than 14Str/10Crit.