Assassination leveling question

Hi,

I just made a rogue and she's level 27 already and I'm planning on leveling with Assassination.
    I was just wondering if it would be helpful to take vigor for leveling?

I'm leveling with daggers and I'm doing some random instances and I find that backstabbing is more fun than just spam SS. However I thought that it would be useful to have more energy. Unless this is useless.

Care to help me please? :-)

Cheers

Re: Assassination leveling question

Its difficult to level with assassination without having Mutilate.

My advise to you would be to level with combat untill you can unlock mutilate on the assassination talent tree.
    But, if you are insistant in using daggers try a 'fun subtelty spec'.

... Backstabbing is just a horrible and slow way of levelling.

10+ Year Old Account

Indeed, level as combat till you get mutilate. Its much faster and a lot less stressfull.
    Forget everything you know about everything.

Well, I only do the backstabbing thing when I'm in an instance.
    When I'm going solo I use a sword and just spam SS as this goes easier and faster.

I'm just talking about the instance part, since with the new looking for group thingy it's easier to find groups.

I tend to agree with Cougarz... but as regards your specific question, I find vigor to be mildly useful while soloing, assuming the mob dies relatively quickly, and almost useless in dungeons. It only increases your max energy, not your regen rate, so all it really gives you is the ability to use your second backstab one second sooner. If you're talking about a 4 second fight, that's really strong. If it's a 20 second fight, not so much. You'll really only be at max energy when the fight starts, so that's the only time it's even potentially useful.

If you're focused on daggers and not assassination specifically (until mutilate at least), try a subtlety spec that focuses on ambush. Some massive ambush crits can make mobs fall over very quickly, and for soloing/grinding it works great if you can keep your gear up to date. It's not quite as fast as combat, but it works (again, my experience).

Well, about that combat leveling..

Is there any specc that you could recommend? And should you level with 2 swords or 2 daggers? Or just whatever you want?:-)

Lvl with the best weapons you can get forget about daggers or swords/axes/maces etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Taraxacum
    Lvl with the best weapons you can get forget about daggers or swords/axes/maces etc...

This is wrong, go get Dal'rends 2.8 sword and a trash blade and go to town with sword spec. When you start proccing things fall over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleguy
    Hi, my druid is currently lvl 75 and i'm going for resto at lvl 80, so my question is, what is the most used resto healing rotation?.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

I've always been a fan of the following strat:

2/2 Imp Sinister strike in combat tree.
    Everything else into assassination.

Respec when either:
    a) you can get Adrenaline rush (and want to stay combat).
    or
    b) you can get mutilate (and want to go assassination).