Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Magtheridon solo

Hi all,

First of all i want to apologize for my bad english. Its not my first language.
    I am not sure if someone else managed it before. But i cant find anything on Google and so about this.

So i wanted to share this with you. I just solo killed Magtheridon on my Tank DK Napghin (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nis&cn=Napghin).
    With some decent Gear it is a good method to farm 500g+ per week in about 30-40minutes.

I am not quite sure how i can prove it for those mistrustful guys out in the internet .
    But here are Screenshots of the Recount of this Fight.

Healing done: http://img710.imageshack.us/i/maghealing.png/
    Damage taken: http://img200.imageshack.us/i/dmgtaken.png/
    Damage done: http://img683.imageshack.us/i/magdmgdone.png/

The fight took a bit over 20Minutes so i coudn´t Fraps it, because i have not Enough Space on my harddisk.
    But i frapsed the last ~30% of the fight.

Greetz =)

sorry if it isnt worthy posting this, or someone already postet something similar.

Re: Magtheridon solo

I'm curious to know more as I was thinking of this myself recently.

Your Strategy?

Your Stats/Gear/Spec?

*edit* lol nvm Gear/Spec I see you posted your Armory. WTB Strat/Video.

Deleted

Gz.

And thank you for not posting this in US/EU first like some people seem to do when they did the world first stepping on a fly while wearing shoes made from cardboard covered in mountain dew.

Yes, slap a strategy on here if you could, I have a pretty geared prot paladin alt and this seems like a cool way to kill time.

Edited to say please

impressive
    now I wonder how you managed all the healing adds?
    they tend to be a nuisance when tanked together.

Can i ask how you Solo'd this in 30 some odd minutes and still have 3 minutes left on a 10 minute BoK as a dk?

Quote Originally Posted by Hippykong
    Can i ask how you Solo'd this in 30 some odd minutes and still have 3 minutes left on a 10 minute BoK as a dk?
    drums of forgotten kings, 30minute 8% bok

Good job 8)
    maybe a strat would be nice as other people have suggested, but 500 gold a week does sound nice, after all if a DK can do it, i see no reason a druid cant, in fact the only tank that may have trouble doing this is a warrior due to their lack of healing abilities? not sure, only time will tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stieger23
    By this logic the moon is more important than the sun. The sun gives us light in the day when we don't need it, but the moon gives us light at night when we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann
    "Warcraft isn't going to end as long as there still are Orcs."

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hippykong
    Drums?

Quote Originally Posted by LizzýEU
    drums of forgotten kings, 30minute 8% bok
    thank you much didnt even think of that.

i really appreciate being answered and no flamed haha

Maybe its not a 10 min kings, maybe its a Drum of forgotten kings.

Very nice

A strategy would indeed be nice, at least for how you handled all of the adds together

Whao, I'm really impressed.

I have studied how to solo him about 10 monthes ago but I concluded that I will never have enough dps to beat the 20 minutes enrage timer. You seem to have 50-51k max hp on your screenshots. How can you pull out 5k dps in tank gear ?
    Quote Originally Posted by phred754 View Post
    "Nerf Rock. Paper is fine."
    - Scissors
    Originally Posted by Nakatoir (Blue Tracker)
    Off-spec healers such as Shadow, Elemental, Paladin and Laser Turkey

That's awesome, congrats.

I'd like to see that last 30% you frapsed, wanna see how you did it xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathflame
    Going for avoidance is like playing Russian Roulette.
    Quote Originally Posted by GaaraofSand
    It's time to eat Grandpa!
    It's time to eat, Grandpa!

Grammar.. it saves lives.

Thank you all for the congratulations

Well.. there is no real strat or trick for this. I just tanked all mobs and waited for Magtheridon to release. Than i go for full DPS. You have to balance your gear the way, that you mitigate the dmg enough and have enough hp, so that you can survive and selfheal through the damage. But also put out as much dmg as possible. The enragetimer is quite tough.. I killed the boss 7 secs before the enrage. When the Boss enrages you can maybe survive some seconds with CDs, but there is some RNG in this.
    The key for me was to counter the nova abilty (the clicky thingy) with anti magic shell to gain more runepower for spaming runestrike.

All buffs i used can be buffed by yourself with drums/scrolls, although a blessing of might could come in handy for the damage you need. I thing this is only doable for a decent geard DK Tank, because of the high amount of magic damage(shadow and fire).

Well i am uploading the video atm. So you just have to wait a bit till its finished

Nice, the only thing im suspicious of is why the hell you popped a flask and only used it for about 4 min, well Congratulations, can't wait for the video

Dark Mending wasn't an issue for you? The adds have a few hundred thousand HP, and with a group of them healing themselves for 30k a pop...how did you handle that? Just DnD + Diseases?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Stings
    Nice, the only thing im suspicious of is why the hell you popped a flask and only used it for about 4 min, well Congratulations, can't wait for the video
    alch? maybe he spent 1 hour and 4 mins of it. I havent looked at the photos though, so assuming you saw 56 mins left on the flask.
    Einstien trolled Newton so hard with general relativity

Quote Originally Posted by mypally
    alch? maybe he spent 1 hour and 4 mins of it. I havent looked at the photos though, so assuming you saw 56 mins left on the flask.
    Nah he doesn't know alch checked his statistics. he did pop it with 4 mins to go :P

Either way big gz on this

@PriestLuna: I just dont care about the adds healing themselfes. The only thing i do about the adds is spreading out diseases so that there attackspeed is reduced.

And for the flask thing: the flask ran out midfight and i was quite nervous and thought i could die without the flask^^ so i used a 2nd for the last minutes. But i dont think i really needed it^^