Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lag on your servers

On Windrunner the lag has became worse over the last week, and the last few days you have to wait a few mins just to get threw a portal or open your mail. How is the lag on any other servers lately? Is it just windrunner because it is an older server?

Oversized Avatar removed - Cilraaz

Re: Lag on your servers

After 3pm starts the lag and when raids are starting is the worse time.

For example today at 19.20ish was the second time that i HSed to Dalaran, yet i was in Ironforge for about +10mins till it actually worked.

Suprisingly over the last 2 weeks, ive had the ICC raids with the less lag.

Yeah it lags a lot, spec around raid time. I really hope blizz will do anything about it before cataclysm will be released...

theres been alot of lag on senjin too.

If you check the news section to the left of the login screen, you will see that lots of servers are experiencing a lot of lag and they are working on it.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Yup it has been going on for about two weeks on tichondrius now its freaking annoying.
    Alliance is able to win wintergrasp while defending due to not being able to build any siege
    vehicles. (rare for alliance to win at all)

The lag is Worldwide, I don't think on every single server or we would hear it on this frontpage, but a lot of servers. Boubouille's server is not lagging don't worry, it's the most important.

On my server, and hearing the feedback of people, it has started February 3rd on Wednesday evening, since the patch 3.3.2 every single night since then, except maybe Friday. I have made my little round on people I know on different servers, the biggest ones, from Archimonde, FR, to ravencrest, silvermoon and basicly all Cyclone battlegroup for EN. They all lag.

US : http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...40353950&sid=1
    Europe EN : http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....33703838&sid=1
    France : http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....04396429&sid=2

But don't be mistaken, unlike the urban legend going around the room, this is not linked to the Valentine event, since we were having lag already for 4 days before, besides I hardly know anybody doing this event, you don't make lag everybody just coz a couple of people loot I don't know what items.

The lag basicly cover theses :
    - Lag spikes with up to 10sec blancs
    - Loot lag
    - Mailbox lag
    - Login lag (stuck up to 5min to the login screen with full blue bar)
    - Zoning (same as above basicly)
    - Rezzing, releasing corpse

It cover all parts of the game : World/questing, Raiding, Battlegrounds, Arenas.

Basicly anything that require server input...

And the support team is doing great job, at keeping a cover over this, they basicly delete their stick-it topic anytime they can, even if it's to repast the exact same content, just to make sure the view count is reset, and let it fly under the radar... It would be already over 9000 if they did not.

The little story about germans, is only the beginning if this lag fest is the start...Germans basicly logged on a server because theirs was lagging like hell since 3.3.2, and GM came and started banning a lot of them...You already see the similitude with real life, when people start manifesting in the streets because their life sucks, the all mighty powerfull police force start shooting at them instead of cleaning their own shit in their system... Honestly I hope the lag doesn't get fixed any time soon, it could be more funny in the days ahead...

The sure thing is the 48hour delay with GM tickets and 7 days via mail-support is only going to get worse...

Maybe the time has come finally, the death of wow might be around the corner...
    9 days and counting...

10+ Year Old Account

Bloodhoof EU is lagging a lot in Northrend. Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor seem to be fine, similar to dungeons.

But Northrend, and especially Crystalsong Forest, Dalaran and Wintergrasp, oh my, epic lag.

I assume it's a known issue and they're working on it, so I'm not complaining, but it is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by nko13
    Maybe the time has come finally, the death of wow might be around the corner...
    9 days and counting...
    WoW (which is played by an average of 11 million people) won't die because of a couple of thousands left the game. Get some perspective please.
    "Thor: Qvuiet, I'm trying to sneak up on them!"

Heard it the first time today in a random heroic "DELETE THE FUCKING VALENTINES THING THAT CREATES CHARMES IT MAKES THE GAME LAG!!!". I was like "O RLY?". No the lags have been there (at least on my realmpool) since Lich King (ICC fight) release.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    Heard it the first time today in a random heroic "DELETE THE FUCKING VALENTINES THING THAT CREATES CHARMES IT MAKES THE GAME LAG!!!". I was like "O RLY?". No the lags have been there (at least on my realmpool) since Lich King (ICC fight) release.
    It's Love is in the Air which makes me go to Crystalsong Forest more, so I notice the lag more frequently back when I had no reason to frequently visit Crystalsong. But lag has occured more often, especially in Wintergrasp.

Quote Originally Posted by Zakarun
    WoW (which is played by an average of 11 million people) won't die because of a couple of thousands left the game. Get some perspective please.
    Reminds me of the "Additonal instances cannot be launched, please try again later" crisis. Everyone I know kept playing, even though they were incredibly annoyed by it. (Including myself).

Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    Me too.. how i wish this event end soon! I'm planning to play my AION for the meantime until the event finish! >
    Make your gaming experience a lot better!
    wow strategy guide

Stormreaver-Eu has been lagging every single evening/night since last weeks reset (not yesterdays). Chat and stuff works 100% fine but porting in and out of instances takes ages, we where doing Ulduar 25 run for the weekly raid and when I released corpse took 5 minutes just to get me into the ghost form, 5 mins out loading screen and then 5 minutes in loading screen, totally missed Flame Leviathan, thank goodness the weekly was Razorscale :P also not to mention the lag when you ress someone, having people getting CR'ed in combat and they return to life immediatly but the game doesn't register any buffs/heals on them for about 20 seconds, makes you crap yourself as a healer thinking the person is just gonna die agian from AoE

On Bloodhoof US it's horrible. You will get stuck at loading screens and you'll have up to a min or more lag spikes occasionally. This only happens every 4-5 hours or so though.

on frostmane eu theres loads of it dala ice crown ICC

its the spells mainly in icc thats the pest on 25 man spent an hour and 45 mins doing the 1st 4 bosses in 25 man coz of it also hight latancy and spell casting delays all most every week we wipe on gunship due to lag

it normaly take 1 hr 1 hr 10 coz of 3 stage looting rules

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    If you check the news section to the left of the login screen, you will see that lots of servers are experiencing a lot of lag and they are working on it.
    They've been working on it for 5 years.

On Kor'gall - EU We don't seem to have that much lagg as on other servers but still, think we've had a few days that icc was lagging like hell.

No lag on Smolderthorn, our BGs are working fine too, Instances seem to be fine for me, and people from my server arent having any problems, but people from other servers (cross realm lfg) seem to have horrible lag.. I havent checked raids yet

There's no lag that I can see on Exodar US besides the lag of my actual computer. But no one else has complained about lag and I honestly haven't gotten any out of the ordinary.

Deleted

I'm on Terenas-EU (Cyclone Battlegroup) and I can honestly say that we're experiancing some of the worst lag I've seen in raids.

On Gunship Battle we regually get 15 minute battles with 5 second cast times on instant casts. It's not just Icecrown Citadel either, ToGC is just as bad; we had 50 attempts by the time we reached Anub this week, and the lag started to really kick in about a minute in. We continued, hoping that it would eventually clear up, but instead, Leeching Swarm started and he went into Phase 3 at 30% and then burrowed straight after at 29% because of the lag. You can probally tell that we lost our Insanity run for yet another week after he blew up both tank patches in one blow.

It's rediculous. I really hope Blizzard fixes this.