Rotface after the patch

I'm really sorry to put this in the wrong section but every time I try to get inside "Raid and Dungeons" I get auto-logouted just for that zone only.
    If you can move this topic there I would be glad, I seriously don't know how to fix this trouble.

Now, to the main topic.
    Tonight me and my guildies fought Rotface 25, trying to take him down for the second time (we first killed him two weeks ago). We are not such a uber guild but we perform decently on 25, slowly and not hard-coring.
    Now, this is the matter...
    The slime-generator-debuff get to high speed (one each 4 secs) much more before 30% of health (we can say it happens around 60%). Before we can even touch 30% the room is overflooded with slimes, debuffs get applied super-fast and we just can't manage to bring him below 7-8k before wiping.
    Is this intended? A general bug? Heroic/Normal spawn rate mixed up somehow?
    We can't manage the super-speed spawn with so much health, it is pure caos.

Re: Rotface after the patch

He's stating that they start spawning at an increased rate before 30%, namely at around 60%.

Deleted

Moving this to R&D then.

Didn't notice any difference either in 25man today.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Haven't seen anything yet. Then again, I'm the one dispelling it. I count and then dispell, if there not there than they fail. If they do it right then its perfect.

"Fate has made us enemies...But this ring will make us brothers." -Gravemind to the Master Chief and the Arbiter, (Halo 2)
    "Were it so easy" -The Arbiter (Halo 2,3)
    "That is the worst grenade throw ever, of all time" -Agent Washington (RedvsBlue, season 6)
    <3 Caboose

Did it about 12-14 hours ago and didn't notice anything different during the fight, usual hecticness in the last 30% with the first 70% going nice and smooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    holy crap, i don't give a shit if europeans made a toaster that gave awesome hand jobs while making delicious toast, that shit has nothing to do with a god damn video game about midgets and dragons.

Keep in mind that the slimes do not spawn faster at 30%. They spawn faster as the encounter goes on. IIRC the speed mark is around 3minutes 30seconds into the fight where the diseases will be added every 6seconds.

You probably had very low DPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosas
    Why do ppl thing that dodge isnt good in ICC? i mean if u have alot 25 bananas and 25 oranges and someone steals u 20 bananas, what will u do, buy back some bananas or buy more oranges?

as the poster above the fights soft enrage is "time based" not %.

The ooze debuff will start at 14sec cast cooldown where after doign the figth the cooldown will become less and less

14-14-14-14-12-12-12-12-10-10-10-10-8-8-8-8-8-8-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6

6sec being the final cast cooldown.

These cast can be delayed due to him casting slime spray, and this will also make the "soft enrage" happen a few sec later than 3:30.

This means that if you do't have enough dps, the boss will sometimes enrage already at 50% or what ever the % is when the timer hits 3:30.

Best thing you can do is to cast BL at the start, or aprox at 95% so all have started and throwen their debuffs on boss.

Alot of guilds got the info about the boss wrong, thinking it's at 30% so they wait and pop BL there, don't. if you got enogh dps you can basicly avoid the soft enrage, and even if you can't, popping before and get the boss to 25% ratehr than 35% is alot bigger help as he will have less HP doing the soft enrage.

Another thinkl people tend to think is, popping bL at 30% will help healers as they will cast faster and healing will be easyer.. ye true, but since you will be over whelmed by adds, and dps'ers no longer stays at boss more than 5sec before one gets slime debuff and has to move, you will lose alot of dps at this time. and you rather want to get full use of the dps increase than only haveing 10% effect of it.

"Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Quote Originally Posted by Taekrys
    Tonight me and my guildies fought Rotface 25, trying to take him down for the second time (we first killed him two weeks ago). We are not such a uber guild but we perform decently on 25, slowly and not hard-coring.
    Now, this is the matter...
    The slime-generator-debuff get to high speed (one each 4 secs) much more before 30% of health (we can say it happens around 60%). Before we can even touch 30% the room is overflooded with slimes, debuffs get applied super-fast and we just can't manage to bring him below 7-8k before wiping.
    Is this intended? A general bug? Heroic/Normal spawn rate mixed up somehow?
    We can't manage the super-speed spawn with so much health, it is pure caos.
    Not much more to say, except that is becoming sad how everyone puts the usual disclaimer "we're not pro" to prevent troll answers. The key to the encounter is just more DPS; as you get better gear it'll bcome trivial.
    "Holy bananas Ghostcrawler, ferals are doing well in pvp again!"

"What!? To the nerfmobile!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen
    Not much more to say, except that is becoming sad how everyone puts the usual disclaimer "we're not pro" to prevent troll answers. The key to the encounter is just more DPS; as you get better gear it'll bcome trivial.
    The sad part is that the disclaimer is needed, it still doesn't stop all the trolls but it does reduce them. MY guild is probably about the same level as his and anytime I go to any forum I post the same thing. Not all guilds are chock full of people who know how to play.

@ the original poster, something has changed in your raid so that your dps has dropped. The spawns are indeed on a timer so they increase as a matter of time, not boss health. If you have not been, start using heroism at the begining of the raid then hold on and pray enough people stay alive at the end to get him down. It's a viable strat

Check your raid comp to make sure you have all the necessary buffs/debuffs to improve your dps. Tell your dps to double pot (meaning use a dps potion before the pull and then another after your 2 minute potion debuff is gone). When your guild is on the bubble of enrage timers it's all about getting every little bit you can. Believe me, after 2 straight nights of wiping on Festergut at 1% we have come up with some very interesting ideas.

What do you think about the season 7 shaman set?
    It looks like what would happen if one of those big rock giants from Outlands mated with Spiderman.

-monkeysnarf