Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...

Re: ICC Heroic, Plush Pets, Q4 2009 Results, Blue posts

Why does the wind rider pet look cool yet the wind rider mount looks butt-ugly?
    I work for Fox News

10+ Year Old Account

I don't understand people coming on here complaining about how easy the HMs are because a handful of the best guilds on the planet beat them. When YOU'VE beaten them, you can complain they're too easy. That makes sense. If these HMs kept the world's best guilds wiping for weeks, the rest of us would likely just give up.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by deplorable
    it's blizzard... money > all.
    They should be all about money, why the hell not? They have bills and employees to pay. They're a business. They should milk every penny out of every subscriber.

Do people like you just play WoW all day and that's all you know?

15+ Year Old Account

Sooo DK kids are whining about their arena representation? What did you expect? Season 5 forever so you could continually faceroll to Glad? Get real...

And IMHO, it's just dumb DKs even merit this level of a response from Blizz, seeing as how some other classes get completely blown off.

For example; what's the deal with Boomkins in the arena? Oh that's right, they hardly exist. You've probably got a better chance of an Elvis sighting in the arena...

10+ Year Old Account

I don't know for how long the other guilds raided and I can't really argue with the BQL downing, but I know Memento Mori started raiding at 11 am when the servers opened on wednesday and they didnt call it until 16 hours later, at 3 am. They started again early the next day. Of corse you're going to get a lot of attempts in if you raid for that long and of corse you're going to down bosses.

To be completely honest, I don't think it has to do with gear give-away and easy bosses, as much as...
    • More competition about world firsts
    • More experience with ones class
    • More experience with previous, similar working bosses (which you didn't have as much in vanilla or tbc, for obvious reasons)
    • As for a vanilla comparison, less people (40 --> 25) means less things to go wrong
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

I really wish Blizz would get a small dedicated team of devs to work on their phone apps and such. People who need a certain phone for work(in my case a blackberry) would certainly be willing to pay $1-2 for the authenticator app. I think it's silly that 2 out of maybe 20 widely used mobile devices are being supported.

15+ Year Old Account

hmm... cute ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Quackie
    Sooo DK kids are whining about their arena representation? What did you expect? Season 5 forever so you could continually faceroll to Glad? Get real...

And IMHO, it's just dumb DKs even merit this level of a response from Blizz, seeing as how some other classes get completely blown off.

For example; what's the deal with Boomkins in the arena? Oh that's right, they hardly exist. You've probably got a better chance of an Elvis sighting in the arena...
    I agree that Boomkins need more work than DKs but... Boomkin is a spec not a class, you cannot compare the representation of a spec to the representation of a class.

I got a Boomkin/Feral and a DK so, i know what ur saying .

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Failbot
    I agree that Boomkins need more work than DKs but... Boomkin is a spec not a class, you cannot compare the representation of a spec to the representation of a class.

I got a Boomkin/Feral and a DK so, i know what ur saying .
    I respect what you're trying to say here Failbot, but there is one thing you need to consider;

Assuming that a class with alternate (and successful) specs to choose from is fine where it's at isn't fair IMO. That's like Blizz basically saying "If you're a Druid and you want to PVP, you *must* be Resto. What if I only play 1 spec? What if that's the only spec I enjoy or am any good at? So if I want to PVP I absolutely have to be Resto? That's not fair.

So with that point in mind, from a certain point of view, you absolutely *can* compare the representation of a class to the representation of a spec because most players are not masters of multiple specs in PVP, and prefer to stay one spec.

I'll use myself for an example; I love being a Boomkin. Blizz can neglect it all they want, keep buffing their love children like Mages and Rogues, and ignore us all day. That's fine, whatever. I don't need a FOTM spec/class to enjoy the game.

However, Boomkins suck in pvp, and pretty much always have. I was a Boomkin back in S3/S4 and played with a Rogue. Got a tad over 1800 which isn't all that awesome, but it's not total fail either. Could I have facerolled Resto those seasons? Sure. But I didn't want to.

Same thing goes for the present day. I enjoy Feral, but I suck at Feral PVP unless it's mindless world ganking. I'm decent at Resto, but I seriously hate that spec. I only have it as on offspec to help out the guild with raid heals when we're in a jam, and for fast daily random ques.

So my point to all this is that I play a specific spec which mine as well be a class because it's really all I do, and I certainly feel entitled to the *same* (not more) attention to my spec's shortcomings as every other class.

Problem is, Blizz sees where the money comes from and typically spoon feeds its largest customer base, which unfortunately is usually DKs.

All these kids made one the second they got home with the expansion in hand thinking they would finally show everyone what's what with their shiny new hero class. And in the beginning, they were ridiculously OP. Anyone who says otherwise is either lying or misinformed.

Now they get brought back into the realm of reason and they're upset. I guess I would be too if my class was faceroll OP for months only to get knocked back down to where everyone else is at.

They cry rivers of pain and sorrow because they want to be good at this game, but need a class and not skill to carry them. And Blizz caters to this because it's all about max number of subscriptions.

Sorry for the rant, it's just something that irritates me a bit.

I respect what you're trying to say here Failbot, but there is one thing you need to consider;

Assuming that a class with alternate (and successful) specs to choose from is fine where it's at isn't fair IMO. That's like Blizz basically saying "If you're a Druid and you want to PVP, you *must* be Resto. What if I only play 1 spec? What if that's the only spec I enjoy or am any good at? So if I want to PVP I absolutely have to be Resto? That's not fair.

So with that point in mind, from a certain point of view, you absolutely *can* compare the representation of a class to the representation of a spec because most players are not masters of multiple specs in PVP, and prefer to stay one spec.

I'll use myself for an example; I love being a Boomkin. Blizz can neglect it all they want, keep buffing their love children like Mages and Rogues, and ignore us all day. That's fine, whatever. I don't need a FOTM spec/class to enjoy the game.

However, Boomkins suck in pvp, and pretty much always have. I was a Boomkin back in S3/S4 and played with a Rogue. Got a tad over 1800 which isn't all that awesome, but it's not total fail either. Could I have facerolled Resto those seasons? Sure. But I didn't want to.

Same thing goes for the present day. I enjoy Feral, but I suck at Feral PVP unless it's mindless world ganking. I'm decent at Resto, but I seriously hate that spec. I only have it as on offspec to help out the guild with raid heals when we're in a jam, and for fast daily random ques.

So my point to all this is that I play a specific spec which mine as well be a class because it's really all I do, and I certainly feel entitled to the *same* (not more) attention to my spec's shortcomings as every other class.

Problem is, Blizz sees where the money comes from and typically spoon feeds its largest customer base, which unfortunately is usually DKs.

All these kids made one the second they got home with the expansion in hand thinking they would finally show everyone what's what with their shiny new hero class. And in the beginning, they were ridiculously OP. Anyone who says otherwise is either lying or misinformed.

Now they get brought back into the realm of reason and they're upset. I guess I would be too if my class was faceroll OP for months only to get knocked back down to where everyone else is at.

They cry rivers of pain and sorrow because they want to be good at this game, but need a class and not skill to carry them. And Blizz caters to this because it's all about max number of subscriptions.

Sorry for the rant, it's just something that irritates me a bit.
    I started my DK later so i just missed the faceroll seasons .

But yeah i know what u mean... Boomkins need to be fixed so true, i love that spec too. Played as a boomkin since s4 as offspec and s5-s7 as main spec. Then farmed feral gear just because i wanted to compete better in arenas...

But still, i think the main goal would be to make every class better in PvP before specs. But Boomkins have sucked so long that i wouldn't mind the buff for them b4 a buff for DKs. Dont care tbh. But still i'd say that Class has prio over spec.

But as you said, they are too busy buffing mages and rogues... But hey! we got a 3% spell dmg buff!!!!!! that helps soo much in PvP! (Sarcasm alert)

You're a fucking moron. Boomkin =/= Class.

Both Resto and Feral are extremely viable Glad specs. Boomkins can get attention when Fire Mages, Combat/Sub Rogues, Blood/Frost DKs, Fury Warriors, Demo Locks, and Holy Priests get viable glad specs.

Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

Um no, you don't HAVE to spec anything to PVP. You *will* do BETTER as Y spec than X spec though, that's never going to change, the only difference is how much better.

There ARE people who get Gladiator as Boomkin, what's holding you back is your skill level, partners, gear and comp, not the spec.

And just crying that "it's not fair!" isn't a good argument, no amount of buffing is going to magically put you in the top 0.5% of players, stop making excuses that it's your class that makes you bad at PVP.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by aedalus
    I really wish Blizz would get a small dedicated team of devs to work on their phone apps and such. People who need a certain phone for work(in my case a blackberry) would certainly be willing to pay $1-2 for the authenticator app. I think it's silly that 2 out of maybe 20 widely used mobile devices are being supported.
    My Blackberry can play my Sirius satellite radio, can read e-books from my Kindle, I can't imagine it could possibly be that much farther into the future that it will have an authenticator app.

thx for pictures and wallpaper ;D