Dropping LW for Engineering

Helloes,

I'm thinking abotu dropping my current Leatherworking for Engineering. It's maxed at the moment with almost all ToC recipes and both ICC rogue recipes but I don't care about that much at all. In all honesty I find it dead and boring + it doesn't rly have that many perks that Engineering does. Posting this thread to find some opinions whether it'd be worth replacing it with Engineering since I like those shiny nitro boosts in bgs and the use of auction houses from dala

Btw Money isn't an issue for me I play auction hosue through my alts all the time so loads of gold stacked up there =)

And yes I do raid alot and I realise that it's a slight increase in DPS too I do switch. I was just wondering when cataclysm comes out and reforging is applied am I gonna miss being that sexy LW
    I would agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.

Re: Dropping LW for Engineering

Whats your other profession?

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

I just dropped LW for engineering and power leveled it to 450 in an afternoon to go with alch. I will never look back.

So much fun in both PvE ad PvP (someone runs away from you with 1k health? throw a bomb or fire a rocket!). You need to macro things to get it to work well but it is lots of fun

10+ Year Old Account

1. Drop both
    2. Get Jewelcrafting.
    3. Get Blacksmithing.
    4. Have another toon with full Mining to supplement those two professions.
    5. ???
    6. Profit!

Keep in mind Cataclysm is only a few months away, and with Cataclysm you will be able to change around the stats on your gear if you have leatherworking. Although i have also heard Engineering is going to be alot more fun in Cataclysm also.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforge1
    Keep in mind Cataclysm is only a few months away
    As unlikely as it is, MY GOD I hope you're correct.
    Playing Path of Exile and Guild Wars 2

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Aurinax
    As unlikely as it is, MY GOD I hope you're correct.
    You're probably right, I doubt Season 8 will last this long, Seasons usually dont last for more then 2-3 months right (I never count...)? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Perfectdark
    1. Drop both
    2. Get Jewelcrafting.
    3. Get Blacksmithing.
    4. Have another toon with full Mining to supplement those two professions.
    5. ???
    6. Profit!
    Engineering is better than either of those if used correctly, and is more fun. The only time JC and BS become better than eng is when you're gemming armor pen, which is probably about 1/4 of rogues, considering half the combat rogues gem ap/haste still.

you can get any prof, and when Cat comes out just switch to that.We will all have warning for it so ca stock up on mats to level the prof of choice and have a fair bit of time to make a wopping 1-4k gold to level a prof (sarcasm).

Honestly get whatever makes you happy, though engineering will make you laugh yourself silly as you killing spree someone in the air and kill them...fall and then pop your parachute :P

15+ Year Old Account

Wait for cata so u dont lose your recipes, u will stil lose them in cata but then theire obselete.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble
    Whats your other profession?
    oops forgot to mention that (doh!). I'm a JC as my secondary profession and it's also maxed out with almost every recipe =)
    I would agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.