Poll: Do you think there's more content left in Wotlk

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

More content left in Wotlk?

I know blizzard said there's mo major patch after lich king and all that. Consider this:

>Cataclysm is far from beta (no rumors, so I am making that assumption)

>They have made ICC balanced enough for most guilds to be done with it by march end and would have nothing to do.

>New models are still being found in game (the new horse models)

I think blizzard have something under their belt which we did not see coming. They can't really keep people busy with ICC till cataclysm comes out. I mean not everyone goes after HM, some just clear it once, get the title, then clear it till they have all they need and then its just meh !

Something seems to be misisng from the timeline from lich king to cataclysm?

10+ Year Old Account

Re: More content left in Wotlk?

Quote Originally Posted by ur_hbk
    >They have made ICC balanced enough for most guilds to be done with it by march end and would have nothing to do.
    I think you're sorely underestimating the difficulty of ICC. A lot of guilds haven't even downed the major bosses of each wing yet, let alone the hard modes.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

I hope so, so far LK final battle is big fail lore wise. I wouldn't mind some new dragon boss in Dragonblight (there 3 unused portals near Sartharion entrance).

There is still plenty of time, only a handful of guilds have downed a few hard modes and those are most certainly not your average pug which will be a very long time off getting as far as the lich king even, let alone downing him.
    Yes a small number may run out of content, but that is to be expected but this time round there is the opportortunity for the average person who puts in effort to see most of, possibly even as far as the lich king on normal which is not what happened with sunwell.
    That is why there is going to be a longer gap, and no 3.4 raid if even a 3.4 patch prior to 4.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm
    I think you're sorely underestimating the difficulty of ICC. A lot of guilds haven't even downed the major bosses of each wing yet, let alone the hard modes.
    I made it clear in the post that a majority guilds don't care for HM and even if some do, after someone's killed lich king once , even on normal 10man...as far as they are concerned the story's over !
    Also most guilds could not do it because of the stupid attempts and bugs and all that. Most guilds will get to the end of normal by march end, or so i think.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd
    There is still plenty of time, only a handful of guilds have downed a few hard modes and those are most certainly not your average pug which will be a very long time off getting as far as the lich king even, let alone downing him.
    Yes a small number may run out of content, but that is to be expected but this time round there is the opportortunity for the average person who puts in effort to see most of, possibly even as far as the lich king on normal which is not what happened with sunwell.
    That is why there is going to be a longer gap, and no 3.4 raid if even a 3.4 patch prior to 4.0.
    Seriously, HMs are fun and all but they are not content. I remember after about 10-15 attempts firefighter nights did not even get 25 people online to go try. You get bored off them cause some of them are just brick walls.
    What I am pointing out is, people put more effort in clearing than they do in 'bash ur head against a wall' fight. So content clear is 10man/25man clear on normal.
    The story end when u kill him, what mode does'nt matter.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

I don't see how were going to last the summer without new content. I'm assuming it won't be out till then or later, because we haven't had a hint of Beta yet. If they were Beta testing now, or announced when, I'd have a better guess.

"Fate has made us enemies...But this ring will make us brothers." -Gravemind to the Master Chief and the Arbiter, (Halo 2)
    "Were it so easy" -The Arbiter (Halo 2,3)
    "That is the worst grenade throw ever, of all time" -Agent Washington (RedvsBlue, season 6)
    <3 Caboose

Seriously, HMs are fun and all but they are not content. I remember after about 10-15 attempts firefighter nights did not even get 25 people online to go try. You get bored off them cause some of them are just brick walls.
    What I am pointing out is, people put more effort in clearing than they do in 'bash ur head against a wall' fight. So content clear is 10man/25man clear on normal.
    The story end when u kill him, what mode does'nt matter.
    So according to you HM are not content. Also according to you it's like bashing you're head against the wall. So what you're saying is that they are really tough, right? Sunwell wasn't bashing you're head against the wall? Naxx40? The unlimited trash can also be considered bashing you're against the wall. HMs are content, if you decide not to do them it's up to you.

As far as the "story" goes, about 90% of the wow community give a rats ass. In vanilla and tbc nobody got to see any "story" as so many people didn't do any raids except the 20man raids and MC and ony (vanilla) kara, gruul and maggie (tbc) untill the 3.0 nerf. ZA was released after 1 year (?) and was not related to the tbc story at all. So as far as vanilla and tbc go, most people playing them didn't really see any "story" because they didn't do any raids. My friend story hardly comes from raids, yes ofc a little here and there but the main point of a raid is to kill the NPCs inside, have fun and get epics the story from raids hardly matters. The real story comes from questing.

OT: There is no news regarding cata. Does blizz even remember about it? I want wotlk to end really, cata sounds way to cool. But i do think blizz will give us a filler raid if cata will be released after 7-8 months. As far as wotlk's raiding go, they gave us very little content from what they originally promised, Utgarde raid and AN raid. But those two don't really make sense at this time since LK is dead. So my money is on Gundark raid if they plan on 3.4 SURPRISE patch. If cata is going to release in the next ~4 months (which i hope so) then ICC is the last we will get.

Srsly blizz make cata the best game ever, i want to forget everything great about tbc and wotlk. Please make my wish come true ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest
    So according to you HM are not content. Also according to you it's like bashing you're head against the wall. So what you're saying is that they are really tough, right? Sunwell wasn't bashing you're head against the wall? Naxx40? The unlimited trash can also be considered bashing you're against the wall. HMs are content, if you don't decide to do them it's up to you.
    Hard Modes are not content. They are for people that want more than what the actual content provides in challenge.

Sunwell and Naxx40 might have been tough....but that's what the content was.....they didn't have Hard Modes.
    The first explanation means you don't know. The second means you don't understand. The third means you can't accept the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by a1derful1
    Hard Modes are not content. They are for people that want more than what the actual content provides in challenge.

Sunwell and Naxx40 might have been tough....but that's what the content was.....they didn't have Hard Modes.
    Content that only a few people get to experience. I wouldn't call it "content" even though they are new. You know why? Because most won't be able to experience it. It keeps the hardcores busy just like HMs are right now. Avg player won't be able to do HMs just like they won't be able to do sunwell or naxx40 or the new ultrahardcoreasskicking raid. So technically most people have no content. What is the point of a having ultrahardcoreasskicking raid when people won't be able to do it and in return won't keep them busy?

Content = something everyone can experience.

I think blizz did a great job creating 2 modes for the same instance. It gives everyone something to do. I do think they went over the line with the easiness of naxx, os normal and totc. I hope they have more control about raid difficulty in cata.
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!

10+ Year Old Account

I made it clear in the post that a majority guilds don't care for HM and even if some do, after someone's killed lich king once , even on normal 10man...as far as they are concerned the story's over !
    So by your logic, we should have new raids every week or two?
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

15+ Year Old Account

i recall blizz saying they didnt want every single guild killing the lich king, he was such a masive lore character. hold the flames because im just thinking off the cuff here, is it possible that theyv been in producion with it so long that it wont need a beta? No Flames Please >>>>

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side
    i recall blizz saying they didnt want every single guild killing the lich king, he was such a masive lore character. hold the flames because im just thinking off the cuff here, is it possible that theyv been in producion with it so long that it wont need a beta? No Flames Please >>>>
    Blizz wants people to see the lich king and kill him, even if it is on 10man normal only. Blizz's new code is "content for everyone".

Heck, I haven't even downed Rotface yet(Been having some difficulties with getting raids up lately).

I'm not going to be surprised if the people who raid 5 hours a day, 5 days a week will clear the Heroic Modes before Cataclysm is released. If they're going to complan, they should probably look at trying to raid a little less(suggestion, they can always keep whining).

Also, about the heroic mode statement... what? "Oh, now I cleared this dungeon in normal mode, there's no need to do it heroic, because I'm just that awesome!" People who raid with that attitude don't deserve new raids, to be honest. Complete the current content, or don't whine about content at all.

If the Cataclysm happens to pull out later than expected(unlikely), they'll probably add a Gundrak or Azjol Nerub related raid like the Sunwell, but as I said, it's very unlikely.

15+ Year Old Account

Yes. I think it's safe to say we'll have a filler raid. It's either that or force blizzard to give us another incomplete expansion. I want cataclysm to be the best expansion yet.. I don't mind waiting as long as it takes, I have other games, other alts and other stuff to do.

Games have much higher expectations than in 2004, and with many developers trying to take a bite out of WoW Blizz has to pull through with something beyond expectations.

hasnt there "always" been a zul instance? vanilla had zul'gurub, tbc had zul'aman, whilst wotlk has non so far?

If they where to add more stuff before Cata, i think they will use a raid area allready in the game, a new dragon wing in Dragonblight, or open up the celler in Karazan.
    What you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!