Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Fury Tank for H?

Survivability in defense gear as fury...sure you can do it. Your threat is gonna be bunk however. Without the crit to keep flurry up, you'll hit like a wet noodle.

....either way, I usually inadvertantly end up tanking half the heroics I do as dps these days anyway...in my normal dps gear. Stuff dies fast enough it doesn't matter it seems. I remember when getting hit for 7k was unhealable....now hots and ae heals can keep me up as I'm "tanking" trash. A week ago I tanked a random heroic UP in my dps gear as fury in zerker stance, the whole thing, every boss. Healer (semi-geared paladin0 never dropped below 20k mana. I mean for crying out loud plate dps gear has soo much stamina on it I sit at 31k+ health self buffed in my dps gear. I've come across some random tanks in heroics that have 23-25k.

...I even jokingly tried to make things interesting for him by popping recklessness and DW at the same time on phase 2 of the final boss. He never let me drop below half my health and the boss died before the first smash.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

What Battousai said. If you are not after the looks & your healer is decent enough, tank it in dps gear/zerker stance. In fact, if you a have a good pala friend with gears for both ret & holy, you can 5 dps everything if it's not the new hcs ICC ones will require proper healin & tankin though, at least to make the run smooth imo.

does this mean batt has come over to the fury dark side?

Quote Originally Posted by Hakto
    does this mean batt has come over to the fury dark side?
    Ya, I have atm for progression. One of my rogues went combat, and I can't justify staying in a spec that is inferior in personal dps with less mobility without the raid buffs to back it up.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai
    Ya, I have atm for progression. One of my rogues went combat, and I can't justify staying in a spec that is inferior in personal dps with less mobility without the raid buffs to back it up.
    ^ - the only thing you provide over the rogue is mangle bot for feral dps, but I personally don't think that is enough to justify the loss in dps.

Feral MT as well.

10+ Year Old Account

Tanked teh 2nd boss in HHoL dual wield fury.. threw on some def gear had 461

3 manned it

Quote Originally Posted by Whitcher
    Just use straight tank gear/spec like the rest of us and eat your cookie.
    A Paladin guildy of mine typically tanks heroics with prot gear and ret spec, using his 2H weapon. He doesn't have any aggro issues (gogo Righteous Fury) and does 1-2k DPS more. I wouldn't say that's no point. It's harder to heal, of course, but only marginally. I suppose it might be a problem for healers who recently dinged 80, but at that point it's no problem to simply switch over to tank spec.

Warriors, however, I don't know about. Without a mechanic like RF I'm not sure what their threat would look like if they didn't seriously outgear the rest of their group. The replies seem to indicate it's possible and I'm sure they would see a similar DPS increase, so why on earth not?

10+ Year Old Account

My threat as TG tank (without a proper spec even) is just fine. 4.5k last time I tried single target -while it's not great, it's better than what your average sub 30k hp tank can put out most of the time. Just spam the fuck out of bloodthirst, revenge and heroic strike and slam whenever it is up (following normal rules of course) and thunderclap every once in a while. For trash packs spam cleave, bloodthirst and thunderclap and charge in and get aggro initially in berzerker stance with an intercept and then use a ww/cleave macro. I might make it my offspec and look for a healer in trade who's looking for a less boring experience... of course, if I get a new ICC heroic I am sorta fucked. Could always be a chicken and throw a shield on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Well geared in ToC25-ICC10 and 25 gear plate classes can tank a heroic just fine with a healer thats competent. I do it every day with a guild healer lol. Ret Spec, Ret Geared. As long as its not one of the 3 new ones. ;D

I've "tanked" heroics with full fury gear, spec, etc; but i used a very gear healer.

which H are we talking about here ? h. HoR ?
    If yes, I'd be more interested to see the healer's armory profile rather than to see the fury tank.

Quote Originally Posted by tofu_soldier
    which H are we talking about here ? h. HoR ?
    If yes, I'd be more interested to see the healer's armory profile rather than to see the fury tank.
    I may as well have tanked some of the newer ones, with the exception of HoR. (bad tanks that don't hold aggro, qq)
    To answer your question: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...er&n=koldsteel