Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Differences between heroic and normal mode ICC bosses

don't think backlash aoe radius increases with stacks, though it's very hard to verify this, since the radius is big enough already.

Updated OP with a bunch of small stuff, including the 6 frost beacons in sindra 25HM.

Re: Differences between heroic and normal mode bosses?

Quote Originally Posted by Beace
    Judging by how many guilds are already 8/12, I'd say the difference doesn't appear nearly big enough. Seems to be a bit of a joke compared to the old Ulduar hardmodes.
    A joke? Really? How many guilds have 8/12? Maybe .1% of the population. And it's been 2 month since lich king and 4 bosses still haven't been down in hardmode.

Just because the extremely hardcore guilds have it down doesn't mean it any easier.

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games

99.99% of my posts are done via iPhone. Expect typos as it likes to change my words and doesn't pick up on MMO lingo very well.

Re: Guide to Heroic ICC

Updated the OP significantly, now including short simple tactics for each boss.
    Pardon me for those that seem lacking (e.g. Sindra/LK HM), it's hard to write strategy for bosses i haven't cleared yet =X I'll update them when I get them down.

Hope this helps everyone more. Feel free to add any comments or suggest a better tactic, etc.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by crazerk
    Updated the OP significantly, now including short simple tactics for each boss.
    Pardon me for those that seem lacking (e.g. Sindra/LK HM), it's hard to write strategy for bosses i haven't cleared yet =X I'll update them when I get them down.

Hope this helps everyone more. Feel free to add any comments or suggest a better tactic, etc.
    Thanks! Makes a lot more sense reading it now

Quote Originally Posted by crazerk
    i don't think valkyrs are not stunnable! that would be.. impossible to kill? lol.
    You must mean it is impossible to prevent someone from falling off the edge. They will drop you anyway at 50% health, then fly above the raid and start casting Siphon Life on the raid until they are killed.

I'm not a big fan of reading 5 pages of i-don't-know (therefore i don't know wether my point has already been posted), but you should update your putricide point.

During transitions Putricide spawns a red and a green goo simultaniously and casts one of two possible debuffs upon each raidmember.
    You either get a "green" debuff or a "red" one. the color of the debuff shows which goo you're able to successfully attack.
    Half the raid will get red, half will get green.
    Green can only attack green
    and red can only attack red

Quote Originally Posted by Zogrim
    I'm not a big fan of reading 5 pages of i-don't-know (therefore i don't know wether my point has already been posted), but you should update your putricide point.

During transitions Putricide spawns a red and a green goo simultaniously and casts one of two possible debuffs upon each raidmember.
    You either get a "green" debuff or a "red" one. the color of the debuff shows which goo you're able to successfully attack.
    Half the raid will get red, half will get green.
    Green can only attack green
    and red can only attack red
    Just a note, that the green/orange debuffs are only for 25man, not on 10.

Thanks for the putricide point, didn't know that (cos i've only done 10man :S ) will update now.

Quote Originally Posted by Moogosa
    Just a note, that the green/orange debuffs are only for 25man, not on 10.
    yeah, forgot to mention. thanks

Deleted

All the stuff about one hitting a non tank "even plate" dps is now wrong. our arms and fury warriors / ret pallies all have 42k+ hp. Our mages have 31k hp. The new buff makes this game silly. When it hits 30% PvP will die.

8k Mortal Strike crits on 1300 resi with shadowmourne is just pathetic, not long till we see double shadowmourne just facerolling arena. I cant wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Lekiki
    All the stuff about one hitting a non tank "even plate" dps is now wrong. our arms and fury warriors / ret pallies all have 42k+ hp. Our mages have 31k hp. The new buff makes this game silly. When it hits 30% PvP will die.

8k Mortal Strike crits on 1300 resi with shadowmourne is just pathetic, not long till we see double shadowmourne just facerolling arena. I cant wait...
    this ...

made no sense at all.

1) the ICC buff only works on ICC where you can't PvP.
    2) Shadowmourne is a quest reward... you can't get more than one.
    Ardoric Sollis Ardodeath. Proud pet collector

Ardoric <Undergeared> Raiding in blues 'cause gear is overrated (8/12 ICC 10 | 3/4 RS 10)

Quote Originally Posted by ardoRic
    You argue that you need gear to compensate stupidity, I argue that you shouldn't take stupid to your raids.

Quote Originally Posted by ardoRic
    this ...

made no sense at all.

2) Shadowmourne is a quest reward... you can't get more than one.
    You do know, that you can also get 2 different types of Quel'delar, even tough it's the same quest, don't you?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ryio
    Vexaz: Ret paladins, enh shamans were healing in the animus phase because they could regen there mana.
    Just commenting this cuz I have 2.
    I wouldnt say thats an exploit. If you have mana on a fight where healing is hard, you heal? thats just obvious. I think everyone would've done that tbh.

OT: Some of the ICC hardmodes are ridicoulus, but I liked Valithria, Saurfang and Princes (even tho we havent got princes down ._., we're still at 9/12 10 HM.)

Edit: fixed quote. --Sunshine

All the stuff about one hitting a non tank "even plate" dps is now wrong. our arms and fury warriors / ret pallies all have 42k+ hp. Our mages have 31k hp. The new buff makes this game silly.
    After some thought, I decided not to make any edits to my guide even with the buff changes, and will just leave a note at the top saying it was written for when there was no buff (people can cancel the buff to try if they want the challenge :S )

This is because if i was to continually update the guide to reflect the current % ICC buff, half of them will eventually become "Strategy - zerg the boss, heal through the damage, and win."

I like VDW too! It's fun to tunnel vision and just play my collect-the-orbs-and-aim-for-40k-HPS minigame

10+ Year Old Account

just a quick question we just unlocked icc 10 hc last night and will hopefully venture in there wednesday, tho i was wondering you got the 40 attempts but do you only lose attempts if u die to end bosses of the certain wing (deathbringer, putri,lana'thel, sindra and LK) or do u lose an attempt even if u wipe to lets say marrowgar? thanks =P

Quote Originally Posted by Chri478n
    just a quick question we just unlocked icc 10 hc last night and will hopefully venture in there wednesday, tho i was wondering you got the 40 attempts but do you only lose attempts if u die to end bosses of the certain wing (deathbringer, putri,lana'thel, sindra and LK) or do u lose an attempt even if u wipe to lets say marrowgar? thanks =P
    Limited attempts are only for the 3 end wing bosses and Lich King. Saurfang is not part of that.

10+ Year Old Account

ok thanks

You Saved me from killing my raid members for asking me tactics of HC ICC All the time. Thx a lot
    Erafur; Irreplaceble Tank - Great DPS but No Luck (Warrior)
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Ermagus; Arcane Master - But Prefers Being a Fridge(Mage)
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Hi
    To fight LK on heroic mode, is it enough to have killed the end quarter bosses in heroic mode just once in the past, or u have to kill them every lockout?

You have to kill them in the same lockout.