Thread: Fraps help!

Fraps help!

Hi.

When i Raid, i use Fraps to record the fight against the bosses, but the Video File is to big for me to upload it to Youtube.com.

Any one know how i can make it smaller?

Nrgy

Re: Fraps help!

You need to compress/encode the video.

Google some free programs.

I think I used one of the Divx tools in the past, worked pretty well, you should give that a try.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    You need to compress/encode the video.

Google some free programs.

I think I used one of the Divx tools in the past, worked pretty well, you should give that a try.
    Windows Movie Maker works fine for it, if all you want to do is upload

Quote Originally Posted by Logicaly
    Windows Movie Maker works fine for it, if all you want to do is upload
    Ewww, I despise Windows Movie Maker... It's the worst... I've only had about a 10% success rate with it, so I certainly would never recommend it.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    Ewww, I despise Windows Movie Maker... It's the worst... I've only had about a 10% success rate with it, so I certainly would never recommend it.
    Hahaa, well I used it a few times after having frapsed fights. No need to edit it for me, just had to make it smaller, and it worked perfect for that, so

Quote Originally Posted by Logicaly
    Hahaa, well I used it a few times after having frapsed fights. No need to edit it for me, just had to make it smaller, and it worked perfect for that, so
    It's been a while since I've used it, but I have tried using it just to compress movies, no editing involved and I was unable to get anything done. WMM just probably hates me.

15+ Year Old Account

windows movie maker is the easiest thing to use to compress. literally just import the video and press 'go' (or whatever the button is called), name the file, and press ok and wait 20-30 min while it renders. then upload that to youtube
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

10+ Year Old Account

Yup, use windows movie maker, easy to use, you can do some editing if you need, like simple stuff, cutting stuff out or merging 2 videos, putting some music, blablabla.... and i think it actually has a button to direcly upload to youtube...

The most recent versions are way better than it was years ago, still, it's not a good program, it's just "enough" for what you want...

im using virtualdub+xvid codec, can transform 12-16gb worth of fraps video into a 300-500mb file that is considered "720p" on youtube (i run a 1680x1050 res so if i were to run 1920x1080 i could esentially do 1080p youtube vids )

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ubar
    im using virtualdub+xvid codec, can transform 12-16gb worth of fraps video into a 300-500mb file that is considered "720p" on youtube (i run a 1680x1050 res so if i were to run 1920x1080 i could esentially do 1080p youtube vids )
    I use the same combo. VirtualDub is free software, but takes a little bit of getting used to. The Xvid codec is very nice due to a great compression ratio and a low amount of compression artifacts, which means good quality and small file size.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    I use the same combo. VirtualDub is free software, but takes a little bit of getting used to. The Xvid codec is very nice due to a great compression ratio and a low amount of compression artifacts, which means good quality and small file size.
    Thx, gonna try that out :>

15+ Year Old Account

got 1 little question about fraps aswell, about howmany gigs is it going to cost if you fraps for 3h @ 1920x1080 with 30 fps? Would love to fraps on of my guilds raid sometime, but i'm curious howmuch gigs it is going to take

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by H3ll
    got 1 little question about fraps aswell, about howmany gigs is it going to cost if you fraps for 3h @ 1920x1080 with 30 fps? Would love to fraps on of my guilds raid sometime, but i'm curious howmuch gigs it is going to take
    Probably around 1TB+ , unless newer versions are making files smaller, havent used it since 2.9.0

15+ Year Old Account

I have some uncompressed RGB 1080P footage, 23.98 fps, 1920 by 1080, 58 seconds is 10.88 GB.
    Source

10.88 GB per 58 seconds = 11.255 GB per minute
    3 hours = 180 minutes = 2,025.93 GB

[edit: This assumes uncompressed AVI, which should be similar output from any capturing software. Also, it would be more than listed above, since you were asking for 30 fps recording instead of 23.98 fps.]

Possibility 2:

The uncompressed 1080p AVI file was massive. It took up nearly 200GB and it was only 24 minutes long.
    Source 2

200 GB @ 24 mins = 8.333 GB per minute
    3 hours = 180 minutes = 1,500 GB

15+ Year Old Account

Source

10.88 GB per 58 seconds = 11.255 GB per minute
    3 hours = 180 minutes = 2,025.93 GB

[edit: This assumes uncompressed AVI, which should be similar output from any capturing software. Also, it would be more than listed above, since you were asking for 30 fps recording instead of 23.98 fps.]

Possibility 2:

Source 2

200 GB @ 24 mins = 8.333 GB per minute
    3 hours = 180 minutes = 1,500 GB
    that is about 3-4 times more then i hoped... i guess i'll have tp skip trash, wipes etc and just record boss fights

10+ Year Old Account

2026 GB per 3 hours at 1080p @ 23.98fps

so basically at 30fps it would be more, you are using 65000 more frames in those 3h, that's enough for another 45 minutes of recording at 23.98fps, so you would need around 2533 GB

math is fun

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by M4xC4v413r4
    math is fun
    Until it tells you that you need 3TB of open drive space to record a raid.

10+ Year Old Account

Until it tells you that you need 3TB of open drive space to record a raid.
    yeee, and i'm assuming he knows the drive space is calculated in 1000's instead of 1024 like it's suppose to, so basically, a 3 TB HDD would really only have around 2,8 TB..... bah, we get robbed every day... they just robe us for 210+ GB and laugh in our faces.

15+ Year Old Account

why would you want to record an entire raid anyways? trash is boooooring
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right