Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Expertise not valued anymore endgame?...

I laughed some at the hunter vs threat comments.

These days when i tank, and a hunter pulls aggro in the
    start (meaning he didn´t use MD and/or FD), i just let them die.
    And yes im a palatank, i rarely do any less than 10k tps in the
    first few seconds, and when hunters/rogues do their job in
    pulls it´s closer to 20k.

Our hunters cry if they have to MD mobs to us, or if they have to MD at the start of festergut(For example), I highly doubt they are willing to MD during the fight.
    This makes them doubly bad.

1) Because they won't provide a buffer to the tank at the start of the fight
    2) Because they fail to pull aggro from the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by seam
    My warrior has 20 hit and 8 exp.

I hold off 10kish dps hunters.

It is a skill issue. You really don't need Expertise all that much, even more so that parry-haste is all but gone. If you can hold threat atleast.

I call that bullshit.

So you say you hold constatly 10-14k tps with that low expertise? without having rouge and hunters use tott and MD every CD it aint possble

Dashivas prot warrior
    Avidha Prot paladin
    Daghain feral druid (tank)
    Soultheifs Frost DK (tank)
    Draghkar hunter
    Shayol Holy preist
    Shivaa resto shaman

All located on Vek'nilash

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by seam
    Our hunters cry if they have to MD mobs to us, or if they have to MD at the start of festergut(For example), I highly doubt they are willing to MD during the fight.

As for missing, I hardly ever do.

Worth noting, I havnt tanked since the Devastate change, so things may have changed since then.
    You've got 20 hitrating and you rarely miss? Bullshit, that made me aware of you talking out of your ass.

As for TPS; If you're outtanking proper DPS with those offensive stats, you ARE getting help from Missdirection and tricks of the trade, wether your ego wants to admit or not does not change the limitiations of a tanking class.

Skill or not.. you're still bound to get dodged/parried or miss..

Threat isn't an issue with me at all. Like I said before, on the average boss fight I'm a good 20%+ above the next dps on threat by the end of the fight, and my guild knows that. One of our other officers, who is a rogue, doesn't have his rogues TotT'ing us anymore on boss fights, and instead utilizes that 15% damage increase on each other. Our hunters I'm sure still do it out of habit.

My only concern was the parry-haste. Ty Fung for the link

Threat is a problem for anybody in WotLK?

Quote Originally Posted by strossus001
    Threat is a problem for anybody in WotLK?
    0/10

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by mashadar

I call that bullshit.

So you say you hold constatly 10-14k tps with that low expertise? without having rouge and hunters use tott and MD every CD it aint possble
    Warriors pull very good single target right now. I have about 200 hit and 4 expertise (I don't gem it at all) and I can hold 10k TPS without ToTT/MD (I go up to 25-30k at the start of the fight with 2 rogues 3 hunters). I usually peak up to 13k if I get lucky with sword and board.

A few days ago I held aggro from our arcane mage who opens the fight with 15-16k DPS (mirrors + T10 4PC + berserking (troll racial?) + icy veins) without any ToTT/MD. he was pretty damn close at the end of his cooldowns and my fingers hurt like crazy xD.

That threat can be achieved in ICC25 gear, I do it on every boss..

Warriors pull very good single target right now. I have about 200 hit and 4 expertise (I don't gem it at all) and I can hold 10k TPS without ToTT/MD (I go up to 25-30k at the start of the fight with 2 rogues 3 hunters). I usually peak up to 13k if I get lucky with sword and board.

A few days ago I held aggro from our arcane mage who opens the fight with 15-16k DPS (mirrors + T10 4PC + berserking (troll racial?) + icy veins) without any ToTT/MD. he was pretty damn close at the end of his cooldowns and my fingers hurt like crazy xD.

That threat can be achieved in ICC25 gear, I do it on every boss..
    This. I can pull 10k+ TPS on most bosses w/o MD and TotT. Got 4% hit rating and 23 expertise.
    Real tanks don't use that foo foo magic stuff...we use steel and harsh language.

My faith in humanity before WotLK : ------|---
    after : -|--------

Glyph taunt.

Never worry about threat ever again.

Super hard.

Quote Originally Posted by dashaus
    Can you explain how your "skill" makes you not miss high threat attacks?
    It doesn't. Skill isn't so much about things never going wrong, it's about dealing with it when they do.

Expertise isn't valued because even with a minimum amount of it, you can still hold threat without capping your DPS. Having no hit or expertise doesn't mean you'll never hit anything.

Missing one GCD's worth of threat is no big deal - as long as you treat it that way. If you panic over a missed shield slam, and start trying to spam it while it's on cooldown, and randomly mash other buttons, you're going to have threat problems because you missed that shield slam. If you just keep spamming devastate and HS without missing a beat, you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Erobinia
    It doesn't. Skill isn't so much about things never going wrong, it's about dealing with it when they do.

Expertise isn't valued because even with a minimum amount of it, you can still hold threat without capping your DPS. Having no hit or expertise doesn't mean you'll never hit anything.

Missing one GCD's worth of threat is no big deal - as long as you treat it that way. If you panic over a missed shield slam, and start trying to spam it while it's on cooldown, and randomly mash other buttons, you're going to have threat problems because you missed that shield slam. If you just keep spamming devastate and HS without missing a beat, you'll be fine.
    Everyone knows that you miss hits here and there, the biggest time you notice them though is at the beginning of a fight. If hes supposedly NOT getting totted and mded and charges in and whiffs a ss and devastate then guess who doesn't have threat? So whats the skill of dealing with it if you do miss, bc last time I checked smacking taunt isn't really a skill. Also, what kind of person smacks ss for 6 seconds while they wait for it to come back off cooldown? People really do that?

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

Those guys can expect 4x tricks and 5x misdirect,, so it wont matter for them. Regular raiders should have around 20 exp and about 200 hit imho, to get some really solid threat. If your dps slacks ull be fine with alot less.