4 Piece T10 or Logsplitters?

after reviewing some raid logs im see about a 16% up time from my 2 piece and since it procs of auto shots and the 4 piece procs off SrS ticks, both at a 5% chance, i must assume that the 4 piece will most likely proc even less. Also 15% damage to you and pet seem like alot bigger buff then 20% ap.

All that being said do you guys feel it is worth using the T10 gloves over the Logsplitters or should we just say forget the 4 Piece and use the better gloves.

i currently have the Sanctified T10 gloves and the gloves from Deathwhisper 10. still saving for the helm (@69) but even when i get the helm i can use it till i can get it upgraded so, with that in mind, i am using the DW 10man gloves currently to boost my arp.

Ideas and suggestions plz

Re: 4 Piece T10 or Logsplitters?

Feeling is such an unreliable source of info:

www.femaledwarf.com

What does math tell you?

The BiS list uses 4pt T10, so it must be good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Baelzibub
    Feeling is such an unreliable source of info:

www.femaledwarf.com

What does math tell you?

The BiS list uses 4pt T10, so it must be good enough.
    Mind you the BiS list is also using entirely 277 items, which most of us (probably the OP too) wont be having full access to for awhile. Linking the spreadsheet was a good start, but just because the BiS lists have 4pc T10 doesn't mean 4pcT10 is best at his gear level.

I think, Mixon, you should try inputting 2pc T9 and 2pc T10 into the spreadsheet in one gear set, and see how that turns out. You may be pleasantly surprised.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ns&cn=Gillbert

there is my armory if it helps...

i cant find any way to get 2 piece t9 (even if i go for the heroic stuff) that i wont lose loads of stats by replacing.

There have been several threads on this topic. Answer is pretty clearly laid out in them. Read before you post is a good practice...

Summarizing what others have demonstrated with Female Dwarf:

4x277 T10 > 2x258 T9 2xT10 > 4x264 T10 > 2x245 T9 2xT10 > 4x251 T10

Quote Originally Posted by Namor of Muradin
    There have been several threads on this topic. Answer is pretty clearly laid out in them. Read before you post is a good practice...

Just to expand on this slightly the numbers run used T10 Chest/Shoulders T9 Helm/Legs and logsplitters in the glove slot

Numbers don't change much (less than 5 dps) if you use 264 crafted or deathwhisper legs and T9 245 gloves.

Both T10 procs have around 15% uptime in case you're wondering.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/m...4294#tab-auras

Check for Exploit Weakness (2pc proc) and Stinger (4pc proc)

15+ Year Old Account

No, while your single log may say differently (sample size lol) the uptime of the 2p is more commonly 20-25% while the 4p is indeed around 15%

Quote Originally Posted by Namor of Muradin

I wonder if using 4pc 10 > 2x245 t9 2x251 t10 when fighting a boss with multiple targets/spawns adds.
    For instance, if your rolling serpent stings on snobolds (beasts) or oozes (putricide) or beasts (Lord Saur) or maybe adds (lady D) then ull get many more serpent stings and many more chances at proccing the serpent sting bonus. Is there a cooldown on this bonus?

It might be a good idea to keep gear to swap out back and forth between bosses with adds (Valinthia) and single target bosses (Festergut).

opinions?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by oncearunner
    I wonder if using 4pc 10 > 2x245 t9 2x251 t10 when fighting a boss with multiple targets/spawns adds.
    For instance, if your rolling serpent stings on snobolds (beasts) or oozes (putricide) or beasts (Lord Saur) or maybe adds (lady D) then ull get many more serpent stings and many more chances at proccing the serpent sting bonus. Is there a cooldown on this bonus?

It might be a good idea to keep gear to swap out back and forth between bosses with adds (Valinthia) and single target bosses (Festergut).

opinions?
    since you have serpent on more targets you will also benefit more from the 2p t9 bonus so it's largely irrelevant how many targets you roll serpents on.

true. but i would think the 4 pc t10 bonus > 2pc t9 if u can get the proc chance higher. Im not sure what the inflection point would be, but maybe >30%?

Either way, according to Femaledwarf for my toon, changing from 2 t9 from 4 t10 (264 chest, 251 hands head and shoulders) is only a 25 dps gain.

But any dps gain is a dps gain right

for me 258 head and legs and 264 sholders and chest with logspiters give more dps then 277 chest 264 sholders hands and head and 264 lady legs
    so actuly i will go 4 set bonus when i get 277 lady legs (it will be probably faster then geting 2 277 tokens)