Question about Hit

I've been hanging out around the forums without posting, and now I have a question that I'd like to ask you druid gods. Boomkin is my off spec. I like to play it well, because of the look. It's tons of fun and I like seeing the little moons over my head. That being said, I'm well over the hit cap, like 304, almost 12% on my own. This isn't from gemming or anything, just the gear that I have. I'm at work so I don't have my armory, but for some reason, I'm looking through my combat log and I'm still getting resists? What is up with that? I don't want to see my Starfire crit for 16k only to be taken back down to 14k with a resist? I thought the hit cap was 236, 9% or whatever (+ Heroic Presence, +IFF). I spec into IFF, so I get the 3% there... Why am I still getting resists if I'm over the cap?

Deleted

Re: Question about Hit

Hit cap has nothing to do with resists.
    Hit cap only allows you to not ever ever miss a spell.

Deleted

I am not really sure about druids but maybe you need more Spell Penetration?

Not exactly sure how that works though.

What fight is it on that you are getting resists?
    Geeky shirts/WoW Shirts/Message me to create your guild shirt
    http://stowellcreative.spreadshirt.com

Bosses have innate spell resistance due to level difference, which can not be negated in any way. Just think of those partial resists as the glancing blows melee have to deal with (and the enhancement shaman out there get to deal with both).

Deleted

Not really sure why, is it only against bosses?
    I get the occasional resist as well, and yes it is annoying, but don't really know if there's anything to prevent them happening.

You can't negate the base resistance of anything higher level than you. Since trash in raids is usually 1-2 levels above you, there will always be some resists.

15+ Year Old Account

Hit rating affects the miss chance, however, it's been long since misses aren't shown as "Resist" anymore, you get a proper "Miss" message.

Resists occur due to the mob/player resistance to that type of magic. For players, Spell Penetration can lower that value. For mobs, you can't affect it at all.

If you're getting a Resist from a mob, bad luck. But there's nothing you can do about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.