Thread: Blood DPS dead?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Blood DPS dead?

Raid buffs aside, I would guess that Marrowgar, Saurfang, Festergut, Rotface, Princes (maybe, target switching is a bit rough), and BQL aren't much more friendly to Unholy than Blood. I've got comparable numbers with both. And I agree, I always used the Hysteria on myself; the feral druids and hunters I tried to help out never fared much better than the rogues.

Edit: My Arpen was around 45%, I believe
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    All you're really going to gain is a slightly higher rank on world of logs, which is fine if that's what you're into. You know what I'm into? AFKing in dalaran while hot bitties swoon around me and my good looks.

I'd argue that BQ is a better fight for blood than unholy due to the bit not effecting pets at all, but I've yet to test it.

We shall see tonight.

Concerning Frost.

It, like other procy specs, does much better at lower gear levels but doesn't scale as well as other specs that rely more on your core stats/weapon damage.

It's still viable and fun - I love it - and you can get some great results (I'm in rather mediocre gear and consistantly 4k dps in 10s.) However I've noticed a pretty significant swing to my dps on fights if I'm just unlucky. Like some fights I can get an Oblit, free HB, Oblit, free HB, Oblit, free HB (these are when I've got two runes coming back as death and only when I'm extermely lucky.)

AoE I still want to say Frost is the best, especially with HB glyphed to apply FF.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    Blood hasn't been demonstrated to be consistently better than unholy on any of the bosses in icecrown, we are probably going to need to wait for a lot of dks to get more armour penetration for some real data. It appears to possibly be better on blood queen, rotface, festergut, marrowgar and saurfang though.

As for hysteria, put it on a warrior.
    better still put it on a feral druid, doens't stack with warriors deathwish anyway

Blood is single target DPS and mostly buffs the DK, himself.

Frost is burst AOE dmg and provides solid buffs for melee.

Unholy is sustained AOE dmg and provides solid buffs for casters.

[The class I play] is imbalanced and broken, [The class that counters my class] should be nerfed because it's too OP, but [The class I counter] is fine and just needs to L2P.

Quote Originally Posted by idanian
    Blood is single target DPS and mostly buffs the DK, himself.

Frost is burst AOE dmg and provides solid buffs for melee.

Unholy is sustained AOE dmg and provides solid buffs for casters.

no, not really

Blood is burst single target damage buffs himself and the raid. (10% ap)

Frost is a burst aoe and burst single target dps spec where the dk buffs the melee (20% haste)

Unholy is a sustained single target and sustained aoe dps spec where the dk buffs the raid (13% magic damage and 30% disease damage)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    As for hysteria, put it on a warrior.
    Hysteria on a capable druid on a single target fight is way better than a warrior. A druid can use his dps cooldowns together with hysteria (berserk, tigers fury) while a warrior cant.
    "Sir, we are surrounded, Sir"
    "Excellent, we can attack in every direction"

I dont know, I just find outputting more dps in blood spec, than unholy and this is probably only cos I hate unholy ArP is the way to go!
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

Quote Originally Posted by snirgol
    Blood DPS is still very much alive, it is just a bit less competitive than Unholy. If you like the blood DPS style, you can use it and still do quite well. As for frost, it is dead, let it go.
    I disagree. I am frost DW spec and I out dps most of the DK's I run with. And they have close if not the same gs as me. I have no problems pulling 6k+ in a 10 man as frost. If you know what you are doing then frost is still a viable dps spec. The problem with frost is its more complicated then both the blood or unholy rotation so you have to work at it awile before you start pumping out a lot of dps. Esp because you have to watch your procs.
    Quote Originally Posted by da_ganner View Post
    easy now... lvled him from scratch i did.
    so no trolling. been unlucky with drops i have is all
    Quote Originally Posted by Grissym View Post
    Master Yoda plays WoW. A Priest, on top of it.
    I must tell the world!

Quote Originally Posted by wobbrocker

I disagree. I am frost DW spec and I out dps most of the DK's I run with. And they have close if not the same gs as me. I have no problems pulling 6k+ in a 10 man as frost. If you know what you are doing then frost is still a viable dps spec. The problem with frost is its more complicated then both the blood or unholy rotation so you have to work at it awile before you start pumping out a lot of dps. Esp because you have to watch your procs.
    skill > GS. Frost is only viable if everyone else in your raid sucks ass, or you don't have an enh shaman.

And frost is NOT complicated. Go back to 5 sec CD on HB when frost was slightly complicated. THAT was when skilled players could get a LOT out of frost while scrubs did terrible.