Thread: Need help

Need help

Hello guys , I recently levelled up a priest and I am loving it! I have few questions for those who knows the priest class well enough to educate me.

Note : I want to be an healer ( holy)

1:Which healing spells should I be using most of the time.? I am ending up going oom so fast
    2: Do I have to use Shield all the time?
    3: As holy what kinda of gems do I need to choose for better results?
    4: And can you give me a proper holy raid spec there are bunch of them around but I have no idea which one would be a better for a newby like me.

Thank you for reading , have a nice day and game

Suicide is mens way of telling god "YOU CANT FIRE ME I QUIT"

Re: Need help

As a low level healer, Id say renew, shield, and flash heal.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-priest/(priest-holy)-the-value-of-intellect/

would be a good forum to read.. it has all the main stuff info in it u will need...

how to spec/gem/Play in general... Good luck ;D 8)

Well that sticky is ok but nt as good as i hoped.. What i would recommend is posting your Armory and from there you will get flamed with upgrade this do this blah blah.. but post your armory either way and that will give some help on exactly how u need to change spec/put gems where/what u need to run to get gear'd...

From what i can tell tho, it seems that gemmin int is the way to go..

Maybe u have given up but here is another site you might wanna look at

http://www.wowpopular.com/Priest/Talents

(to use the site just check the boxes on the left for class/spec)

Heya, Serenity!

The best way to get gear is to simply do random heroics until you have enough gear to survive Trial of the Champion heroic. And once that is covered, gear enough to survive the 5man instances in icecrown. I wouldn't really worry too much about what kind of gear you get until you are full epic. By then, my personal strategy is to go for gem with spirit and haste on it, while gemming for a mix of int, haste and spellpower, depending on what you need. But - don't worry about optimizing gear until you have some actual gear. In the beginning, you will probably need a lot of regen though!

Because, as a holypriest, you will run OOM. It's a fact of life, and the major weakness to the holyspec. How good you are at using your cooldowns - like the shadowfiend and Hymn of Hope - will largely determine how long you will last. But also, your spell selection and how often you cast will affect how fast you run oom as well. It's especially hard in the beginning, where you desperately need all the mana you can get, while not having gear to sustain the healing required. I kinda wish blizzard would make a simpler baptism for us, but... that's how it is. It will become easier as you hit ilvl245 gear.

If you find it too hard, try out the discipline specc. As discipline, you will have it a lot easier managing your mana. It's also quite different a style of healing.

As far as specc goes, you will have a hard time to do something actualy wrong while speccing. Get meditation, and get Guardian Spirit if you are going holy. After that, pick more or less whatever you want. If you want to make a specc focusing on renew, you can. It's no less viable than a specc focusing on flash heal, or a specc focusing heavily on aoe healing.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Sereni†iy
    Hello guys , I recently levelled up a priest and I am loving it! I have few questions for those who knows the priest class well enough to educate me.

1:Which healing spells should I be using most of the time.? I am ending up going oom so fast
    4: And can you give me a proper holy raid spec there are bunch of them around but I have no idea which one would be a better for a newby like me.

I can only assume that you're holy but your post doesn't really say it explicitly... how you heal as disc or holy differs substantially.

If you're holy there is no set healing pattern. The way you heal differs quite a bit on an encounter basis and differs again for what you do in a 5man or perhaps 10 man content that's no longer challenging.

To cover some of your points, you should avoid using PW:S and only use it reluctantly. If you have body and soul you tend to use it for it's speed boost only, other than that PW:S is only used assuming you have no disc priest in your raid/group and you want to mitigate some known incomming damage. Generally speaking it's always better to heal the damage but there are uses that you get a feel for with experience.

If you've just hit 80 and find your mana pool small you want to gem for regen, however at the true end game you will find that regen is unnecessary and you'll change to pure throughput. If you are dual spec'd holy/disc then Int is the better regen stat and i'd avoid going after spirit. If you are Holy/Shadow or only Holy then you want to balance Int and Spirit with a slight bias towards spirit. This is my personal view and isn't necessarily supported by the community in general, however I have posted many times on these forums why spirit is superior but I don't think it's so superior as to neglect int... a balance of the 2 with a slight spirit bias is what worked best for me.

Once you have no mana issues any int/spirit gems are going to be changed to SP and Haste... you might go with SP/Spirit in blue sockets because there really isn't a better choice and spirit does have some throughput advantages.

The holy raid spec is always contentious, it's one of the few builds where there isn't truly a cookie cutter set of talents. If you want my personal advice I prefer this spec. 1/2 SoL given appropriate gear and raid buffs procs the talent more than enough... if you were to put an extra point into this talent it promotes over use of FH and keep in mind that SoL stops your ability to proc HC. 3/3 BR is always more healing throughput than 5/5 EH, some holy priests don't realise that. The only way 5/5 EH can beat 3/3 BR is if you heal with FH/GH for over 50% of your total healing which should never be the case. Some priests don't like Divine Fury, having a quick serendipity hasted GH up your sleeve is nice for oh shit moments and I don't see too much value putting those 4 points into anything else. There is an argument for spell warding, it probably boils down to your style of healing. You could put the 2 points in EH into Body & Soul... not a bad idea... personally my aim when I heal is to output the max amount of healing possible to free up GCD's and Mana for other heals on more important targets (ie tanks). So I choose 2/5 EH.

Thank you for the answers guys

here is my armory : I dinged 2 days ago so still got the level 70 pvp gear , but I managed to get 2x 245 level items today , still need to get head enchant , i am not going to bother to enchant blue and 200 item lever epics till i get 232+ ones I do heroics every day but still I cant do new instances with random groups for some reason , probably because of the blue 80 gear and 70 gear i have

http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...=Serenîty

Quote Originally Posted by Rhozik
    Maybe u have given up but here is another site you might wanna look at

http://www.wowpopular.com/Priest/Talents

(to use the site just check the boxes on the left for class/spec)

I found that this site helped me the most. Rawr to me was just confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sereni†iy

Cool story bro