Thread: Abracadaver

Abracadaver

Has anybody else had their pet being buggy? Mine doesnt atttack unless it was attacked. I find this quite annoying how it just stands next to me the whole fight.

Re: Abracadaver

lol do u have it set to passive? if u have it set to defensive it should attack as soon as ur first spell cast hits. course i macro my pet to start casting once i do.

Since it is a summoned guardian from the effect of the staff, it does not have a pet bar like standard pets so cannot set that.
    It will apparantly only attack something if it attacks you, and since it is not an effect taken out of the item budget - basically that effect is not at the expense of stats then its a nice novelty, if limited it its usefulness
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I usually just summon it in fights where there's a lot of AOE or I have been hit, then the little guy just runs off to unleash his might!

But as the user above me said, it's just a novelty, it's not like the Valkyr one that the summon is an integral part of the staff.

Its the same way most of these summoned pets work. If you are currently attacking something, it will attack it. But if you are not, and then start attacking something, it will just stand there. Just don't summon until you are already in combat.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ikabod00
    Its the same way most of these summoned pets work. If you are currently attacking something, it will attack it. But if you are not, and then start attacking something, it will just stand there. Just don't summon until you are already in combat.
    I just wanted to use this as an opportunity to say that this little pet....

IS COMPLETELY WORTHLESS.

He does approximately 5000 total damage before he keels over and dies, and then the stupid thing has a fifteen minute c/d.

Pointless. Completely.

Why can't they shorten it to a 2,3, or even 5 minute c/d to actually make this thing minimally worthwhile?

Also, when it comes to getting him to attack, you need to open up on your target once or twice before you unleash him, then he'll charge in.
    If you pop him at the start of a fight, he'll just sit there next to you looking like a stump.

wtb: Val'kyrs!
    Quote Originally Posted by nickster
    does any1 know how much these new heirlooms will cost ?:O
    Quote Originally Posted by Diseous
    $15 a month

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    Performance correlates to a function of your skill and your gear level, it doesn't matter how high one is if the other is low.

Quote Originally Posted by Evoic
    Nibelung sends you greetings from 25m icc!

Quote Originally Posted by Evoic
    I just wanted to use this as an opportunity to say that this little pet....

IS COMPLETELY WORTHLESS.

He does approximately 5000 total damage before he keels over and dies, and then the stupid thing has a fifteen minute c/d.

Pointless. Completely.

Why can't they shorten it to a 2,3, or even 5 minute c/d to actually make this thing minimally worthwhile?

Also, when it comes to getting him to attack, you need to open up on your target once or twice before you unleash him, then he'll charge in.
    If you pop him at the start of a fight, he'll just sit there next to you looking like a stump.

As has been said this pet is not a combat pet like a DK ghoul, hunter pet, or warlock demon. It is also not budgeted into the item stats like Nibelung. The pet is basically a free companion pet that instead of being permanent/counting for achieves, does a minuscule amount of damage. The proc is just for novelty purposes and was never intended to do serious dps. Just read the tooltip and compare it to Nibelung. "Defend" vs "Fight alongside"
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

15+ Year Old Account

i know a way to fix this problem. you ready :-[?

equip a better weapon.

there you go brosarino, fixed your problem for ya.
    BfA Beta Time

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    i know a way to fix this problem. you ready :-[?
    equip a better weapon.

there you go brosarino, fixed your problem for ya.
    To you and to Arcilux, I'd like to say...Thank you!

Thank you for pointing out the obvious.
    Next you'll branch off and tell us how the sky is blue and the moon isn't made out of cheese.

I was hoping the post was so over the top that people would see it for what it was., but I deinitely wish the c/d was lower than 15 mins.

That is all. Carry on.
    But it was also half true. I do not expect the pet to show up as even 1% on my damage meter
    Quote Originally Posted by nickster
    does any1 know how much these new heirlooms will cost ?:O
    Quote Originally Posted by Diseous
    $15 a month

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    Performance correlates to a function of your skill and your gear level, it doesn't matter how high one is if the other is low.