Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Tricks of the Trade addon to show bonus damage granted

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying
    Many of those things are fixable by simply getting better players. When you're not min/maxing a whole raid, stacking tricks with cooldowns is something you shouldn't be terribly concerned over. However, pushing hardmodes requires excellent play by everyone (Except gunship. That's free loot...) so having rogues that forget to tricks, inconsistent BL/Hero timing, and raid DPS aren't things that should ever happen. Pretty much all the hardmodes with tight enrages (the dps races that matter for min/max) you're looking at either barely beating or hitting/passing the enrage timer. Either way, bloodlust timing and cooldown saving/syncing for when you only have one use left is a valid strategy.
    I knew someone would come up with the "oh you just suck" reply. We have excellent players and have cleared the hardest content in this game with the same core group since the start of TBC. If you have a raid group where every tricks goes off exactly at the same time every time, raid dps is exactly the same every try so that BL happens at the same time every try and no unexpected things ever happen that the raid must adjust to, then I'm really happy for you; I simply don't have that luxury in my raid.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by LeperHerring
    I knew someone would come up with the "oh you just suck" reply. We have excellent players and have cleared the hardest content in this game with the same core group since the start of TBC. If you have a raid group where every tricks goes off exactly at the same time every time, raid dps is exactly the same every try so that BL happens at the same time every try and no unexpected things ever happen that the raid must adjust to, then I'm really happy for you; I simply don't have that luxury in my raid.
    Tricks is a very simple cooldown to manage, and any rogue with 2set T10 has literally no excuse not to hit it within a GCD of it becoming available. Every brutallus-esque enrage fight you assume as if you're killing the boss right at the enrage timer. If you do better (i.e. raid dps changes), the min/maxing of lining up cooldowns is irrelevant, if you do worse, you wipe. This means x% hp bloodlust should happen rather predictably, and if it doesn't, it either doesn't matter because you're ahead, or it doesn't matter because you're doomed to wipe.

A good example of saving cooldowns would be festergut heroic.

He has a 5min enrage which means as a mut rogue i'm looking at 2x coldblood, and 2x vanish max during the fight. This gives you around 1.5min of free waiting time for the second set of cooldowns.
    If you assume that the rogues both tricks the tank at the start, 30s in your tricks come off cooldown. When you tricks your rogue friend, he should tricks you back almost exactly at the same time. Saving your first vanish/cold blood for this will net you a ton of extra dps versus just spamming them immediately without tricks.

0:30 = coldblood/vanish used with tricks.
    3:30 = CB/vanish available again, leaving time to use them on either this or the next tricks set.

You've lost no dps by delaying cooldowns, and gained dps by using them during tricks.

Of course this doesn't require you to be whispered that you're getting tricks or how much damage you gained from saving those cooldowns, but knowledge is power, and I rarely even look at my chatlog, just the ding of the incoming whisper lets me know that I have tricks and if I have cooldowns it's an optimal time to use them.

Its not a mater of "LOLURBAD", its a matter of you could be doing better. Personally, I prefer to play the best of my ability and to at least try to improve myself every week. The only way to do that is to learn to master both time and energy management. It makes a world of difference in upper echelon guilds between bad rogues and good rogues.

If your guild doesn't care about your dps thats fine, but a majority of the people who come here, are looking at how they can perform better, giving them shitty advice because your guild doenst care and your dps is fine the way it is, is an opinion and not a factual hint that can help someone out.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)