Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: Is Gearscore really that great?

People Forget that we did Naxx with 200 gear, Ulduar with 213 and ToC with 226/232 when they came out. And competent people downed those bosses and got gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Artonas
    People Forget that we did Naxx with 200 gear, Ulduar with 213 and ToC with 226/232 when they came out. And competent people downed those bosses and got gear.
    oh, but that often times required wiping... and we can't have that anymore.
    Ardoric Sollis Ardodeath. Proud pet collector

Ardoric <Undergeared> Raiding in blues 'cause gear is overrated (8/12 ICC 10 | 3/4 RS 10)

Quote Originally Posted by ardoRic
    You argue that you need gear to compensate stupidity, I argue that you shouldn't take stupid to your raids.

To be fair, gear does not reflect the skill of a player, how do we know someone with 7k gear score in full ICC 25 man heroic drops didn't buy their account of ebay yesterday? Bit of an exageration there but I have seen newly dinged 80's outdps full tier 9 80's. Well now let's check their actual gear not the score. oh what's what? Wrong gems? Wrong enchant? Hell, I've seen enough people running around with no gems at all in 4/5 or 5/5 tier nine. The creators of gear score opened pandoras box and personaly I'm hoping the next patch breaks it for good.

I find that if you have skill you will have high gearscore but when around 5k-5.5k GS its hard to judge skill. If you have say 6k GS you will probably be really good unless you are carried by your guild and roll 99 on every roll or something.
    http://www.sassygoatmilksoap.com/

Make sure once your on to listen a bit for the song!

Quote Originally Posted by Artonas
    People Forget that we did Naxx with 200 gear,
    Hell, that was doable and progressable in Blues and Greens. Leading guilds with the world-firsts did Naxx25 in T6. Northrend Blues and Greens aren't a long way off from T6.

No.

Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis

I have a 5.7k gs hunter. When I do my daily for my lolfree Frost emblems, I auto shot/spam steady most of the time. It's a heroic, I outgear every goddamn thing, and normally my auto-shots alone get the job done, why put in more effort than I need to for a heroic I've ran 100 times before?

On my Enhance Shammy who just hit 5k GS, I go balls to the wall every pull and every boss. I refuse to be carried.

The point is, I've found most people who are geared to the teeth, don't try on heroics because they don't need to.

This ftw. I love you mate, marry me and have my children! ( This kind of people are too rare )

10+ Year Old Account

My hunter has 5.1k GS and I always do my utmost. No matter where I am.
    The only reason why I downloaded that piece of shit addon in the first place is because these days people want to have your achievement AND your gearscore before inviting you into their raid...
    What is worth fighting for?

yeah its not the addon but the ppl who use it...hm where did I hear such bs before!

oh yeah its not guns that kill people but people using the guns..

crappy excuse..just get rid of that stupid addon

GS and req. GS for a game like WoW is just plain stupid. Pointless debate back or forth about it is just plain stupid. Any topic with the word "GS" "Gearscore" in it should be auto filtered or deleted. Same reasoning for pros and cons over and over, waste of time and space. (yeah yeah I know I wasted my time posting this as well)
    Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by skodnar
    yeah its not the addon but the ppl who use it...hm where did I hear such bs before!

oh yeah its not guns that kill people but people using the guns..

crappy excuse..just get rid of that stupid addon
    TBH that way you might as well say:
    "Addicts aren't to blame, they'd never get addicted if the [drugs/game/etc] didn't exist, it's all the product's fault."
    Now I don't condone using GS because with a vast majority of the users being easily influenced people who don't look beyond the itemlevel of the gear and find that sufficient, as well as keeping very stupid limits because they heard it's a high score (and often not having that score themselves though). However, not all users are like that and most important, it's not the tool's fault.

I personally use ElitistGroup for the very reason GearScore was intended to be used by the creator, because I find it to be more extensive. Yes, it actually is the shooter who's to blame and not the one who manifactured the gun. Like it or not, if someone created something with good intent it's not his fault people use it the wrong way.

Like many addons which attempt to rate people by their gear, it is indeed down to the the players.
    But the point is instead of simply providing a number which is not a helpful measure then it should be something different instead.
    A rating of their experience in prior content should be taken into consideration, and even looking at the source of gear instead of just it's item level.
    Though those defeat the very purpose for which the addon tends to be used - to be a quick and lazy gearcheck to avoid the need for a raid leader to actually use their brains and think.
    The addon can judge someones raid experience, but I somehow doubt they go that far when they make that decision in two seconds to invite you or not.
    They hover over you, see your score and decide from that alone and that is problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

If used correctly, it can indeed be very great, but if used badly, it is VERY destructive... :-\
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

And that's enough.