Russian client with on US servers

Greetings MMO-Champ!

I am trying to get my parents to play wow, they are both very interested in the game but their English sucks, so I thought I would install the Russian client for them and modify the realm list to point to US servers (although I'm not 100% sure it will work, googling it seems to give contradicting information on the subject). Presuming that my idea works and they are able to play with a Russian client on US servers, will it get the correct patches on patch days or do I have to manually download the Russian patch and install it?

I know that there are 2 lines in config.wtf one for realm list and other for patch list (sorry don't have WoW installed on this computer so can't check the exact way it's written in the config file) can I simply change the realm list line to set US servers and leave the patch one pointing to Russian servers or do I have to change them both?

TL;DR: wanna get Russian client working on US servers, can I or can't I?
    Thanks in advance for the help.

Re: Russian client with on US servers

Go to your account management -> free services-> language packs

Download and install the one.

Battle.net account - press view more options under language pack and select russian.

OMG that easy ...

thanks alot!

actually in my account I can only get the client in Spanish or English ...
    so will my initial solution work?

Deleted

I can tell you you can only play with an US account on US servers. Not European/Russian servers. (And the other way around)

I don't wanna play on EU or Russian servers I want to know if I can play on US servers but with a Russian client.

it<s not about account it's just localization of the WoW client.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by vasyl83
    I don't wanna play on EU or Russian servers I want to know if I can play on US servers but with a Russian client.

it<s not about account it's just localization of the WoW client.
    Ah well, that's simple. You need to set the realmlist to the US servers and make an US account, as your Russian account won't work.
    I'm a bit confused, but it seems you have the English version now and you want the Russian one?

I think you simply have to install another WoW for that (on a different location). You can download the installer here: http://www.wowwiki.com/index.php?tit...InstallWoW.exe <--

This will get you to 3.0.1, after that you have to patch up.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_mirrors

Ill try it out thanks!